Extra 35 - The New Teacher

Detention

a/n: It's been so long!!!

This is ty, kind of, but I miss them so much so i don't care!

I always trying to make time to write, but with moving and work and all OTL

I wrote this since MAY!!!

 

 

 

 

 

“And so, Mr.Ha told him that his joke was not funny, and his face that time was the funniest part.” Minseok finished his long story about what happened in class that day while doing his English homework at Junmyeon’s office, all meanwhile the boyfriend was trying so hard to look interested.

 

Mr. Ha was Minseok’s new Chemistry teacher as a replacement of the previous teacher who was retired. Junmyeon has no problem at all with the new teacher, he was a friendly and caring teacher, very charming, and also young, who, made a lot of students, adored him. However, his only problem is that Minseok seemed to really like him too. By really, he meant, talking about Mr. Ha almost every time he mention school. Let’s get some thing straight first, Junmyeon was not the type of overly jealous boyfriend who didn’t want to even hear his boyfriend mentioning some other guy’s name whatsoever. But, just that morning, Minseok couldn’t stop talking about Mr. Ha during breakfast, and then, he still talked about him after school, once or twice is nice, two or three days is alright, but when he did that for the whole week, even Junmyeon was allowed to have the urge to roll his eyes when Minseok mention Mr. Ha’s name. It was good, of course, that Minseok found a teacher that he actually liked and actually treated him a lot better than the other teachers at that school, but when the jealousy hits, there was nothing Junmyeon could do about that.

 

“Are you not listening?” Minseok asked, when he saw Junmyeon was so out of it.

 

Junmyeon faked a smile and straighten his back, “What? No! I’m listening.” He said, not wanting to make Minseok know what was in his mind. “Are you finished already? Want me to check it for you?” He gestured to Minseok’s work sheet, hoping that Minseok would be distracted.

 

“No, it’s alright, I can do this,” Minseok answered, but his facial expression changed, “Are you busy? Am I disturbing you? Should I just leave?” He asked worriedly.

 

Junmyeon was flustered, wasn’t really sure of what to say, “No, of course no,” He answered still with a fake smile, he felt tired all of sudden, “You can stay.”

 

Minseok was not blind, Junmyeon seemed to forget that, he could see right through his lie, “But you don’t seem like you want me here. What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing, baby, I think I’m just a bit tired, that’s all.” Junmyeon answered with another lie.

 

Minseok let out a sigh, he suddenly annoyed at how Junmyeon was acting, ”You know what?” He said as he put his pens and highlighter back to his pencil case and shoved them to his backpack, “You need to stop treating me like a kid one day, and I suggest you start to practicing now. If you have a problem or if I did something wrong, you gotta need to tell me about it.” He was upset about how Junmyeon was treating him, he could clearly see Junmyeon was annoyed about something he did or say, but did anything but to confront him about it, “If you think I couldn’t take it, just remember, I’ve been cursed by so many people so many times, so, I think I could take whatever you need to say to me, I’m not that weak.” He said before stomping his way to Junmyeon’s door.

 

Junmyeon was so taken a back, “Minseok, that’s not—“ He tried to explain, but Minseok was already halfway out of his office. Honestly, he could’ve just run after him, but he knew for sure, in a situation where Minseok was upset and he didn’t know the right thing to say, they would just fight and nothing would be solved. So he slammed his back to his chair and took a deep breath to calm his nerves. Maybe it would be better to have some times to calm down.

 

==========

 

When Minseok didn’t came for breakfast the next morning, Junmyeon had expected that already, so he wasn’t really surprised. But just because they were fighting, didn’t mean he would stop taking care of Minseok, so he still prepared a lunch box and planning to gave it to Luhan later. He let out a sigh and a small smile when he saw the lunch box he prepared for Minseok, if anyone sees Minseok’s lunchbox, they would probably think it was for an elementary schooler. That day, Junmyeon had prepared kimchi fried rice, with alphabet nuggets, blueberry yoghurt, and animal crackers for snacks, all Minseok’s favorite.

 

Junmyeon turning in his chair in his office, his eyes glancing at the clock every five minutes, counting every second before the school hour ended. He wanted to talk to Minseok so bad, but he didn’t know how to talk to him yet. To be honest though, it’s not like he had much experience in a relationship either. It’s true that he had his share of relationship before, so he knew what he expected in a relationship, but to be honest, it was the first time he ever be so serious about one. It was the first time he ever put someone as a priority on top of anything and, literally, everything. And it was also the first time he ever felt jealous of someone, he just didn’t know how to express it properly. It had nothing to do with him treating Minseok like a kid, he just used to be so calm in front of Minseok, because the boy was easily anxious. But apparently, there were some things that just need to be said, and he just then learned about it.

 

Finally, just about five minutes before the school bell rang, he texted Minseok, telling him that he wanted to talk. It couldn’t be that hard, he thought, Minseok was really an understanding person after all, maybe he should put more trust in his boyfriend.

 

Minseok came into his office without knocking like always, and took a seat right in front of Junmyeon right away, his expression looked like he was ready to listen to anything and everything Junmyeon was about to say. “Let’s talk,” He said when Junmyeon was just sitting there staring at him.

 

Junmyeon heaved a sigh, just to calm himself down. “Nicely?” He asked. He just didn’t want to fight and argue, he wanted to have an honest conversation with his boyfriend.

 

It took Minseok two seconds of contemplating before he agreed, “Okay,” He said. He, too, didn’t want to fight, he couldn’t stand the situation where he and Junmyeon was not talking to each other. So, he was actually kind of happy when Junmyeon texted him earlier.

 

Junmyeon smiled and stood up from his seat, walking around his desk and stretched his arm towards Minseok, gesturing him to just move to the couch instead, where they could talk more comfortably and on eye level, without having a big desk between them. Minseok took his hand right away and let him lead them to the couch.

 

It was another silence after they both were sitting comfortably on the couch, facing each other. Junmyeon enjoyed the silence more than he cared to admit, so he just prolonged them while holding Minseok's rough hand in his. Minseok himself didn't really bothered by the silence and somehow, he knew that Junmyeon was troubled with something, so he gave him some time to think.

 

"It will sound so silly," Junmyeon finally started, looking at Minseok straight in the eye.

 

Minseok tilted his head ever so slightly, "Well, let me be the judge for it," He said.

 

"I was jealous," Junmyeon continued, as shortly and as straightforward as possible.

 

Minseok creased his forehead, "Of?" He confusedly asked.

 

Junmyeon sighed for the n-th time that day, "Don't you realize that you've been talking about Mr.Ha all the time since last week? I mean, you talked about it during breakfast, and you would talk about him again after school, and then you would talk about him again on the weekend," Junmyeon started to feel better, he wondered why he didn't do it earlier. "I mean, I'm glad that you like your new teacher, but, do you really have to talk about him all the time like that? I'm starting to wonder whether if you like him, you know?" Wow, that was sure felt good.

 

Minseok opened and closed his mouth several times, confusion was written all over his pretty face. "What?" That was the only thing that came out of his mouth after he heard Junmyeon's rant for the first time ever. "I mean, I'm his student, it would be a crime to--"

 

"Really?" Junmyeon couldn't believe what Minseok just said. He literally is his student too.

 

After realizing their situation, Minseok quickly corrected his words, "He's like, way older than me, I'm not even--," He said, as if it would help in any way.

 

"Yeah? Tell me about it," Junmyeon said sarcastically.

 

"Well, we're not that far in age. I just--," Minseok quickly realized things just went from bad to worse. So he just sighed frustratingly and squeezed his eyes shut to calm himself down.

 

After a couple minutes, it seemed like they both were a lot calmer, and ready to talk again. "I'm afraid that you would fall for someone else, that's all." Junmyeon said honestly and quitely.

 

"You're just over thinking," Minseok tried to convince the older.

 

Junmyeon shook his head lightly, "You don't understand."

 

"Then make me understand," Minseok insisted.

 

Junmyeon creased his brows, thinking, trying to make a sense out of his own logic, "I've had my own experience in relationship," He started, trying, "So, I know what to expect in a relationship. I know what I want and how I want a relationship to work, but you? It has nothing to do with me seeing you as a kid or treating you like one, but how am I suppose to stay confident that you wont see someone else better than me and realizing that I'm not exactly what you want?" He talked with eyes fixed on their intertwined fingers.

 

Minseok fell silent for one long minute. Junmyeon's honesty flustered him in an unfamiliar way. He totally understands what Junmyeon mean, and started to wonder, whether if Junmyeon felt like that all the time.

 

This time, the younger of the two started to open a new conversation first. "You see, when you rescue a stray cat from the street, and then you take care of it until it becomes pretty and happy," He started, trying to explain in the best way he knew how, he could see confusion in Junmyeon's face, but he continued anyway, "Even if there is someone else coming to it, with new toys and such, do you think that cat will choose that new person or his rescuer?"

 

Realizations finally hit Junmyeon, "How can you compare yourself to animals, Minseok?"

 

Minseok let out a melodious chuckle, "But it's true, no matter how you put it, that was what happened to me." He sticks to his logic. "You accept me and love me when I was at my most unlovable state, when literally no one wants me, and even from the first time we met, not even once you ever judged me for who I am and the circumstances I was in, you listen to everything came out of my mouth and no matter how damaged I am—“

 

"No you're not," Junmyeon beg to disagree, not letting Minseok using the words.

 

"Well, I am, Junmyeon, just because you don't want to use the word, doesn't that mean I'm not." Minseok didn't let Junmyeon continued. "No one, literally, no one can be better than you, in my life." He continued, softer this time. "And... What more can I say?" He smiled shyly, "I just—I love you, that's all," After saying that, he shifted his soft gaze towards Junmyeon's eyes, "I love you for who you are, and everything about you. I really do. Well, I might be young and inexperienced, but I do know what I want, and this is exactly it." He felt strangely happy and giddy after he let out all of his feeling like that.

 

Jummyeon didn't know what to do with his expression, he could only smile. It almost felt like a huge burden were lifted from his heart. He always have this little worry that Minseok loved him just because he knew nothing better, but after hearing all things Minseok said, he felt this huge reassurance inside his mind. He felt silly for not realizing ho easy it was to talk to Minseok, the boy was so honest, and he mostly knew what he wanted because after everything that happened in his life, he didn't want much.

 

Minseok let out a small laugh that made Junmyeon a little confused, "This is the first time I see you this jealous, it makes me strangely happy."

 

"Psh!" Junmyeon rolled his eyes, "So, now you're going to keep talking about Mr.Ha and making me jealous?" He faked a sulk.

 

For a lot of people, sun was probably the brightest thing they knew, Junmyeon disagree, Minseok's smile was.

 

"No, I'm not," Minseok said, and his smile subsided a little, making Junmyeon wonder whether if it was suddenly cloudy outside. "It's just, I'm excited, I think? Like, you know how people have those important figures in their life? Father figure, mother figure, brother, sister, teacher, and all, I don't have them, so I was so excited that I finally have one person I can call teacher for real." He explained. "Beside!" He exclaimed, and cupped Junmyeon's cheek in between his palms, "Thank's to someone, I lost my last teacher figure because he started dating me instead." And he brought Junmyeon's face closer to place a cute peck on his nose.

 

Oh , Junmyeon thought, maybe he was the one to blame indeed.

 

 

 

 

a/n: Anyway! Hope you enjoy that xD

is there any markjin shipper here? i kinda want to write a new couple, but i'm scared .____.