Extra 30 - Valentine

Detention

a/n : Who post valentine fic this late? Me, of course.. OTL

Kinda rushed, and a bit cheessy, but hey!

it's valentine fic, of course it has too be cheesy and boring xD

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon caught a glance on the calendar on his desk and suddenly realized that valentine was coming in just two days. Usually, he never cared about valentine at all, because to him, it was just another commercialized day that was used by companies to gain more profits by making all these Valentine’s Days special products, and it was kind of stupid to make a special day for love, which should be everyday. The only thing that made him aware of Valentines Day the previous year was a pile of gifts in front of his office from the students, which he didn't find any that year. Granted that Valentines Day fell on Sunday this year, but last year it fell on Saturday and by Friday he already got a lot of early gifts piling on his door. Well, maybe they would give them on Monday, or they were over him already, which he couldn't care less.

 

After he had Minseok in his life, however, he was still doesn't care about Valentine’s Day, because for him, every day he spent with Minseok was special, but, in a new light, he could  use that day as an excuse for him to spoil Minseok more. So he took a small note and started to write a list about things to get for his boyfriend. He crossed the first thing on his list, clothing, because as much as he could remember, he had bought him all kind of clothing from coats down to socks, which, he didn’t mind to buy him more, but he believed Minseok wouldn’t want any more clothes for at least until his graduation, beside,  he wanted something a bit special. Moving to the second item on his list, chocolate, he quickly crossed that too, there were a lot of reasons, too cheap, Minseok deserve so much more, too much sugar, Minseok had enough of that. The next one on his list was electronics, but he bought Minseok a new phone on Christmas already, and he also bought a new coffee maker for his own apartment, which, Minseok could freely use without burdening his electricity bill. He sighed, maybe that was the downside of spoiling Minseok too much, he ran out of ideas

 

The last thing on his list was indeed something he had wanted to get for Minseok for a while, but he was never sure how Minseok would think of it. For a minute, he stared at the words while circling it with his pen over and over again, thinking whether if it was  good idea to get him that. Should he call Kibum to get some advice? He thought to himself. No! He wanted to decide his gift for Minseok himself, so he made a decision that he would get the thing for Minseok, and wish for the best.

 

==========

 

Valentines Day was on Sunday, and since the night before, Minseok already told Junmyeon that he needed to go to Luhan’s place in the morning. So, there he was, alone in Minseok’s apartment, trying to kill time by doing a little bit tidying. Minseok wasn’t a messy person by any means, but when you were a senior student who worked until midnight five days a week, there were always forgotten mugs or socks here and there.

 

Junmyeon was about to take the trash outside and was going to tie the plastic bag in Minseok’s trash can when something caught his eyes. There were some that looked like torn envelopes and letters in pinks and reds inside the trash can. At first he thought those were letters that Minseok got for Valentine’s Day and being thrown away because Minseok was not interested in them, until he saw his name on one of the paper. He took one bigger piece of the paper and he found his name again on that piece. It didn’t take long for him to realize what the younger had done.

 

He wasn’t angry, but he was indeed a bit upset at Minseok. No matter what the reason was, he didn’t have the right to do the things he did. It was not like he wanted to keep all the Valentine gifts and letters he got or anything, but to just throw them away without him knowing? As much as he didn’t care about them, but efforts were put into those thing, and he had to appreciate them. So yes, Minseok would have something to explain when he got home.

 

==========

 

Minseok came home into an empty apartment and was confused, because he thought Junmyeon would wait him to come home. But he didn’t think much of it, because Junmyeon lived just next door, maybe he had something to do at his own apartment.

 

He went to his kitchen with an intention to grab a glass of water before going to Junmyeon’s apartment. He was just about to throw his cup into the sink when he realized his thrash can was empty. It took him less than two seconds to realize that he was in trouble. He was sure, he hadn’t bring his trash out, so it must be Junmyeon who did that, and if Junmyeon was indeed brought his trash out, Junmyeon must have seen what he did, and he could already feel cold sweats at the back of his neck.

 

It was just as quite at Junmyeon’s apartment, and that was making every move Minseok made sounds ten times louder. He walked slowly into the apartment, putting down his paper bag at the doorstep, wasn’t sure whether if Junmyeon still want the gift he prepared since a month before, and proceeding to walk as slow as possible. His steps were halted when he saw Junmyeon standing in the kitchen looking unamused. Biting his lips and with head down, he walked closer to his boyfriend while keep reminding himself in his head that Junmyeon loved him more than anything, just to convinced himself that Junmyeon wouldn’t send him to Alaska or worse, breaking up with him.

 

When he was close enough, Minseok reached up his hand and grabbed the front of Junmyeon’s shirt like a child, still with his chin pressed to his chest. “I—I’m sorry…” He said with voice full of regret.

 

“What did you do so you are apologizing, Minseok?” Junmyeon asked instead. Minseok had to know what he did wrong.

 

Minseok’s heart sank to his stomach, he knew he was in a big trouble, but he wasn’t ready still, “I—I threw the letters you got for Vaalentine’s without your consent.” He answered with low voice.

 

“And why is that wrong?” Junmyeon asked again.

 

“Be—because… because… I have no right to…” Minseok admitted.

 

“And then?” Junmyeon asked the last question.

 

“I’m sorry… And I will never do that again.” Minseok thought he would cry if Junmyeon did not hug him after that.

 

 

 ==========

 

 

Junmyeon sighed, granted that he never saw Minseok as a burden, it was indeed took a hell lot of patience with him. There were a lot that Minseok still needed to learn. “Come here…” He opened his arms to invite his boyfriend into a hug. There were times when he questioned himself, whether if he was being too soft on Minseok, but by the look of things, they were doing good. Maybe he needed to have more confidence in himself, he knew Minseok better than anyone after all. “Why did you do that anyway?” He asked.

 

“Those es—” Minseok stopped right away when Junmyeon pushed him away and looked him straight on his face.

 

“Really?” Junmyeon said with reprimanding look.

 

“Sorry…” The younger mumbled, “I just don’t like it… I don’t like that they give you gifts, that’s all.” He answered honestly. He really was just  don’t like it when he saw piles of gifts in front of Junmyeon’s office that day, so he took all the gifts and letters even before Junmyeon could see them.

 

“Listen,” He whispered to Minseok’s ear, “You can have literally anything and everything I own, Minseok. But there were thing that you shouldn’t do. Those letters and gifts were given to me by other people, you can’t just throw them away even before I see them. They put effort into those gifts, and we have to appreciate other people’s effort.” He explained patiently. “And it’s not like they know that I have a boyfriend. They mean no harm, babe.”

 

“I know… I’m sorry…” Minseok’s voice was muffled by Junmyeon’s chest.

 

“Where were the cookies, chocolate and gifts went by the way?” Junmyeon suddenly remember.

 

“I dropped them at the orphanage near our school.” Minseok said.

 

Well, at least Minseok didn’t throw them away, Junmyeon thought. His boyfriend was kind after all. And it mde him hug Minseok tighter to his chet.

 

==========

 

“You said you need to get something from Luhan’s plaace,” Junmyeon said as he handing Minseok a cup of hot chocolate. At the back of his head, he knew that Minseok must had prepared a gift for him. But still, he prevented himself from expecting too much, in case Minseok didn’t actually prepare anything.

 

“Oh!” Minseok suddenly snapped his fingers and put down his hot chocolate on the kitchen counter and jogged to get his paper bag from the door step. He came back few seconds later and stopped in front of Junmyeon to hand him the bag in his hand. “Uh… This is… A gift.” He said shyly.

 

The sight in front of him must be one of the many most adorable thing Junmyeon ever saw on Minseok. The younger’s cheek was pale from the cold weather, but flushed with adorable shade of pink because he was shy. It was still amusing to him, remembering how Minseok was barely talking to him just less than a year before. His eyes moved from Minseok to the bag that was handed to him and took the grey paper bag to his hand. Inside the bag was a medium sized box with blue ribbon wrapped around it which he took right away because he just couldn’t pretend to calm anymore. He didn’t care about Valentine ’s Day, but a gift from Minseok was a treasure for him. Inside the box was a thick knitted scarf, it was maroon and looked so fluffy. “You bought this for me?” He asked the boy in front of him.

 

“I made them…” Minseok answered, almost in a whisper. He was kind of embarrassed actually. He didn’t have much money to buy an expensive gift, fortunately, Luhan was willing to taught him how to knit a simple scarf, but still, it was the first time he ever knit, so he didn’t know how Junmyeon would think of it, even though Luhan already told him that it was good.

 

Junmyeon took the scarf out of the box like it was the most expensive piece of art he ever know, which, in  way, it did, “You did?” He was amazed, he didn’t know Minseok could knit, and to be honest, the scarf was nice, it was simple, soft, and just like those expensive scarf you could buy on store. “Thank you!” He launched forward to hug his boyfriend tightly. “This makes me so happy!” He whispered.

 

“It’s just a scarf…” Minseok said, but in his chest, his heart was dancing.

 

Junmyeon ignored what Minseok said, he didn’t care. Other people could say that Minseok couldn’t give him much, but Minseok gave him all he had, that was more than anything anyone ever gave him. “Oh! I have something for you too!” He broke the hug and pulled Minseok along with him to the living room where he put his bag to dig inside it and pull out a black velvet box.

 

Miseok’s eyes dilated to twice of their original size when Junmyeon opened the box in front of his face. There was a pair of ring sitting nicely inside the box. The rings were simple, they were silver without any stone on them only a twist as the detail. They were the most beautiful thing Minseok ever see in his life. He went speechless and could only stare at the rings, wasn’t sure how to feel. He was happy for sure, but a couple ring?

 

“Do you like it?” Junmyeon asked, because Minseok wasn’t reacting, “I’m not proposing, yet…” He said and smiled, “I know it’s just a material thing, but I think… it will be nice to have a couple ring. So when people see it, they would know that I belong to someone, and you belong to someone too. Don’t you think so?”

 

“It’s beautiful…” Minseok finally speaks, “It would be a lie if I say I don’t like it.. I like it.. I love it… It’s beautiful…”

 

“So, you don’t have to worry about other people thinking I’m single again.” Junmyeon joked, and Minseok let out the most beautiful melodious laugh mixed with a soft choked sound.

 

Their Valentine’s day were spent just like any other Sunday to them. When they were watching TV and Minseok was comfortably seated between Junmyeon’s legs, Minseok couldn’t stop looking at his hand. Everything was just so perfect. Junmyeon was perfect, the weather was perfect, his favorite blanket that was fresh out of the laundry was perfect, his favorite duck mug in his hand was perfect, Junmyeon’s hot chocolate was perfect, and the ring nicely sitting on his ring finger, let’s not talk about that, he could talk about that forever. But when Junmyeon whispered “I love you,” on his ears, he realized, he could live without all of those just fine, as long as he has Junmyeon in his life.

 

 

 

 

==========

 

Luhan let out a loud gasp and snatched Minseok’s hand from the owner, “He proposed to you?” He asked with mouth wide open.

 

“Are you crazy?” Minseok snatched his hand back. “It’s just a couple ring.”

 

“It’s not just a couple ring, Minseok.” Luhan was the one who looked offended when Minseok sounded belittling the ring.

 

“Well, it’s a couple ring,” Minseok rephrased his words, leaving out the ‘just’.

 

Luhan took Minseoks hand gain and looked at his ring closely, “It’s pretty!” He said, feeling happy for his best friend instead of jealous.

 

Minseok smiled, feeling proud, for once, he wanted to show off just a bit, “I know… It’s beautiful.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: just shoot me already...