Extra 17 - First Lesson (Flashback Series)

Detention

a/n: So this is what happened, I finished writing this extra and about to transfer them from my phone to my computer

BUT! I accidentally deleted it insteas, and had to write this all over again OTL

So... idk whether if I like this as much as the one i accientally lost, but I think this is okay 

And if you feel that this one is rushed, that's because it is!

still, hope you enjoy it~

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon smiled when he saw Minseok's flip-flops on his door step when he just home from his classes. After his confession and their little talk the previous Saturday there were some changes about Minseok. First change was that he talked more, he talked more than just when Junmyeon asked him things, he started to put his feelings into words, he would tell Junmyeon that he liked the food Junmyeon cooked for him, he told Junmyeon that he didn’t like the carrots, and he would say whether if the food were too spicy or too hot, simple things like that. And Junmyeon's favorite was that Minseok smiled more, just over the weekend he thought he saw Minseok smiled more than he ever did in one year since he met him. Minseok smiled over simple things, when Junmyeon handed him a cup of hot chocolate, when Junmyeon kissed the tip of his nose, after a good morning kiss, or when Junmyeon ruffled his hair when he was being adorable, it was as if Minseok was thankful for every little good things that happened to him. 

 

"Minseok! Sorry, I didn't know you would wait for me, have you eat dinner yet?" Junmyeon greeted from his doorstep before he even finished untying his shoes.

 

There was a ruffled sound from the living room as Minseok's socks softly swiped the wooden floor, "No, I haven't..." He answered from inside, "And it's okay... I didn't wait for long."

 

"You should've called me so I can come home earlier." They were still talking from different part of the house, "Is it okay if we order take outs? I don't really have anything to cook" Junmyeon shoved his shoes to the shoe rack and finally walked into his apartment, where he finally greeted by the sight that made his heart swelled inside his chest.

 

"Yeah, it's okay..." Minseok was standing in the living room, fiddling with the hem of his grey t-shirt. His hair looked so soft under the light, looked like he just washed it, his shirt was probably a size too big from him, and his black sweatpants covering until over his ankle, making his frame look even smaller, in short, he looked so young and defenseless and it made Junmyeon wanted to protect him from everything hurts. "I did my Math homework when I was waiting for you. Do you want to see that?" He asked expectantly, somehow making Junmyeon remember that his boyfriend was a high school student.

 

"Sure! I'll see that later." Junmyeon walked closer and when he was close enough he pulled Minseok into a hug. Minseok scents flowed into his nose and it was relaxing, "I'm home." He said in a low voice into Minseok's hair, and he could feel Minseok's smile on his shoulder as the younger mumbled "Welcome home" onto it. Junmyeon felt that the boy in his arms shivered lightly and he soon realized that Minseok was wearing nothing but pajama pants, socks and t-shirt, without a sweater on, which was not okay, because the weather was so cold and Minseok particularly always feel cold. "Why are you so cold? Why didn't you make some hot drink and where's your sweater? You'll catch a cold like this." Junmyeon blabbered worriedly.

 

"I just did all of my laundry today, so I ran out of dry clothes." Minseok explained, slightly embarrassed.

 

Junmyeon just smiled and patted Minseok's head lovingly, "Take some sweater from my drawer," he told the younger without much thought, "I'll make you hot tea before ordering some food for us."

 

"From your drawer?" Minseok asked with rounded eyes, and he had some good reason for that. First, he was still not entirely used to all couple things, well, he was used to the kisses and hugs already, but that one was new, so when Junmyeon told him to wear his clothes, he couldn't help to feel bashful. And then, he realized that that would be the first time he goes to Junmyeon's bedroom, Junmyeon's personal space. It was kind of weird, but he also felt curious too, because Junmyeon had been into his bedroom several times, so he wonders how Junmyeon's bedroom would like.

 

'Yes, it's in my room." Junmyeon explained, because he thought Minseok didn't know where to find his drawer. But as soon as he saw Minseok's expression, he soon understand why Minseok was troubled, "Don't treat me like a stranger, Minseok..." He kept smiling and pecked Minseok's cheek, "What do you want for dinner?" He changed the topic of their conversation so that Minseok didn't have the time to be confused.

 

"Uh... Jjambbong... The less spicy one..."

 

===========

 

"Wow, you actually got everything right." Junmyeon was pleasantly surprised and also proud when he finished checking on Minseok's homework and confirmed that Minseok got all his answer correct.

 

"I'm good with Math..." Minseok said mindlessly while playing with the spoon inside his mug, "And Physics. But I'm bad at Geography and even worse with Biology--" he then suddenly stopped, "I'm sorry, I don't know why I am telling you this." He somehow felt like he talked too much, and he afraid that Junmyeon wasn't interested.

 

To be honest, it angered Junmyeon to know the effect of the way people treated his boyfriend to his personality. It was like playing tug of war with Minseok, there are times when he would say things about himself, it wasn’t much, but it was something, but another time, he would just say nothing or stopped mid sentence like that. That means that Minseok actually wanted people to know him better, but never really think that he was in any way important enough or worth of anything, and it was not true at all. Minseok was precious to Junmyeon, and Junmyeon was pretty sure Luhan and Yixing treasured him too. "It's okay, you know? To tell me everything and talk about anything. It doesn't have to be big things, even small things and somewhat unimportant things will be nice too, I want to learn more about you."

 

Minseok still didn't get it, "You can just ask me things." He told Junmyeon, because in his mind, that way, he would only talk about things that Junmyeon wanted to know or interesting enough for him.

 

Junmyeon sighed, "We are in a relationship, Minseok." He patiently talks the younger, "This is not an interview or an exam, we are in a real relationship. I don't want to give you questions and you give me answers, I want to learn about you and understand you by being with you, you understand that?" Minseok was still staring at his mug, but Junmyeon could tell that he was listening, and he could also see the small nod Minseok gave him that made him smiled. Junmyeon stood up from his seat and walked around the dining table with Minseok's eyes following his moves. He pulled his boyfriend into a hug when he was close enough, letting Minseok buried his nose into his chest, because Minseok was still sitting on his chair, and waited until Minseok eventually circled his arms around his own waist and kissed the top of his head, "You were always the one who thank me, now I want to thank you too."

 

"What for?" Minseok's question was slightly muffled by Junmyeon's shirt.

 

"For hanging there until I found you... For living and not giving up... For your existence..." Junmyeon said genuinely.

 

For your existence. Minseok repeated those words in his head over and over again and every single time he was closer and closer to tears. It was different tears than what he shed all of the years before, it was a happy tears, he couldn't believe someone actually thankful for his existence after all of those rejection, even his parents didn’t want him and a lot of people would just ignore him or even tell him straight on his face how worthless he was. And then Junmyeon came, in a week, Junmyeon had gave him more than everything he ever received in almost eighteen years of his life.

 

Minseok was pretty much still a baby when it came to a lot of things and there are a lot he needed to learn. He didn't know how to work a relationship, he didn't know how love works, he didn't even know how to properly socializing or interact with other humans for most of the part. But he knew Junmyeon, he knew he liked being around Junmyeon, he knew he was happy when he's with Junmyeon, and he knew Junmyeon would help him to learn a lot of things. It might not always easy, but he knew Junmyeon will be there, he knew because Junmyeon promised him, and Junmyeon always kept his promises, even since a long time ago, Junmyeon was always one of the people who never judged him. He then circled his arms around Junmyeon’s waist tighter and let a first single tear rolled out of his eyes along with a small sob. He didn’t say anything because he knew Junmyeon would understand, Junmyeon always understand.

 

And Junmyeon did understand. As he felt something warm seeping trough his shirt and hearing the small sob coming out from the boy in his arms, he could hear it out loud without Minseok say a thing. He knew that it were happy tears, and he let him cried, because he wanted Minseok to know that it was okay to express his feelings like what he told him. So he just hugged him tighter and made a promise to himself that no matter what happened he would never give up on Minseok.

 

There were so many things Minseok need to learn, and that night, the first thing he learned was that Junmyeon was so warm, and he didn't even talked about his hug only.

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: fingers crossed that I could post one next week >_<

sooooo~ comments are welcomed as always, and have a good day everyone~ ^^