Extra 18 - Telling Luhan (Flashback Series)

Detention

a/n: Okay! So..... here it is xD

I was trying to make it short and simple , but ended up still long and rushed...

as usual, hope you enjoy this~

AND!! I made a canon xiuho fic for valentine called IT'S YOU if you're interested you can find it on my blog :)

 

 

 

 

 

“What is that?” Minseok asked, when he saw Junmyeon stuffing food inside a plain black lunch box right after he greeted him ‘good morning’.

 

“I pack you lunch.” Junmyeon answered as he put the lid on the lunch box, strapped it shut, and put a pouch blueberry juice on top of it.

 

Minseok tilted his head, “Lunch? Why?”

 

Junmyeon handed the box to Minseok who was just looking at it with confused look, “Because the canteen’s foods are gross. I can’t let you eat those.”

 

Well, Minseok could agree that the food at their canteen were gross, and there were only few things he could eat, because he was a really picky eater, but he didn’t want to put a burden on Junmyeon more than he already did. “You don’t have to…” He said, but accepted the lunch box anyway, because Junmyeon packed him one already. It was the first time someone ever packed him lunch, he used to envy other kids at school when he was a little, because when other kids brought their lunch box that their parents packed for them, he was the only one who brought a bread from the convenient store and a bottle of water. Luhan sometimes brought his own lunch to school when his mom could pack him one, and Luhan would bring some extra for him too, but that was different. The lunch box in his hands was one that Junmyeon prepared for him.

 

“Yeah, but I want to. That’s not much, really, just some chicken nuggets, sausages, and pan fried vegetables, nothing fancy.” Jumyeon could see the change on Minseok’s face as soon as he mentioned vegetables.

 

“Did you put carrots in?” Minseok starred at his lunch box.

 

“Yes, it’s good for you. You don’t have to eat them all, but at least eat some.” Junmyeon put his hand on Minseok’s shoulder as the younger’s face turned into funny mix of still thankful and not wanting the carrots. Minseok was really picky about his food, he didn’t like a lot of vegetables, he basically can only tolerate broccoli and maybe bean sprout, he didn’t like to drink white milk without it being mixed with tea or coffee, but thankfully he still okay with chocolate milk, he didn’t like too much fishes unless it was fried before hand and anti with octopus and squids, not that Junmyeon hated it, but Minseok had to start eat more healthy. He understood that habit was formed since we are a little, and what are the chances that Minseok’s parents cared enough to taught him how to eat healthily or fed him at all? That’s why Junmyeon cooked for him, so that he would used to eat healthy. “You can thank me.” He added jokingly.

 

Minseok finally lifted his face and smiled to Junmyeon, “Thank you.” He said and smiled wider when Junmyeon kissed his cheek.

 

==========

 

“I’m… uhm… thinking about telling Luhan and Yixing about… about us…” Minseok hesitantly told Junmyeon while poking at his fried egg. They had been dating for a couple of weeks, and both of them were serious about it, so Minseok thought it would only right if he told his friends about it, because somehow, hiding their relationship felt like they were just playing around and that was not the case. But he wanted to ask for an approval from Junmyeon, because however, it was about both of them.

 

Junmyeon raised his eyebrows at Minseok’s words, giving Minseok an unreadable expression that made the younger shifted in his seat, “Well, if that makes you feel more comfortable, then do.” As always, Minseok was a priority to Junmyeon, as long as it would make Minseok happy and comfortable, then he wouldn’t mind. He himself was actually wanted to asked Minseok whether if he wanted to tell Luhan and Yixing about their relationship, because they were Minseok’s only friends and he thought Minseok would want to tell them about it, but he thought Minseok wasn’t ready yet.

 

“You… don’t have a problem with that? You don’t mind?” Minseok asked again, as if he still couldn’t believe how easy the talk would be.

 

“They are your friends, Minseok, of course I don’t mind,” Junmyeon flashed a comforting smile and put his hand on Minseok’s cheek, “Just make sure that they don’t tell anyone else at school.” He added. Well, they still have to be careful.

 

==========

 

“Huh? You bring your own lunch? Since when?” Luhan asked with suspicious eyes when Minseok placed his lunch box on their table during lunch break.

 

“Eh, since today?” Minseok answered short, while his brain started to working on how to tell his friends about what he wanted to tell them.

 

Yixing squinted his eyes at Minseok and pointed a finger to his nose, “Don’t tell me that you have a girlfriend who pack you lunch, do you?” He accused jokingly, but, somehow he wasn’t that wrong.

 

Minseok thought that that was a good opportunity to tell them about his relationship with Junmyeon, “No, not a girlfriend, a boyfriend.” He said while looking at Luhan’s and Yixing’s face alternately, observing their reaction.

 

Luhan dropped his tofu that he was about to eat back to his tray and kept his mouth wide open, “You can’t be serious. Who is it?” He asked as soon as Minseok gave him the look that he was indeed being serious, “Do we know him?” He pointed to Yixing and himself alternately with the fork in his hand, making Yixing flinched away from the fork.

 

“Well, I think so…” Minseok dragged his answer, making both of his friends became really impatient, especially Luhan, of course. “It’s…” Just when he about to say the name, Junmyeon happened to walk pass the canteen’s door and stopped there for a while to talk to another teacher, being all oblivious about the struggle of his boyfriend who was trying to break some news to his friends. Minseok unconsciously darted his eyes at Junmyeon who was quickly followed by his two friends and only brought his attention back when he heard Luhan’s loud gasp. “It’s my neighbor.” He said instead, knowing very well that Luhan and Yixing would get the clue.

 

“You gotta be kidding me!” Luhan dropped his fork to his tray and tilted his head. “Since when?” He asked further as soon as Minseok responded with “Why would I?”

 

“Well, about two weeks…”  Minseok answered. He was actually feeling a bit guilty for not telling them earlier, but at the same time, for some reason, he thought that there was a reason for it.

 

“And you just tell me this now?” Luhan couldn’t remember how many questions he gave to his best friend in the span of less than five minutes.

 

Minseok looked at Luhan in the eye and realize that Luhan’s eyes were glazy and he looked like he was about to cry. He went panic and felt extremely guilty, because he thought he had disappointed his friend, “I’m so sorry, Luhan, I can explain, please don’t cry…”

 

Even before Minseok could finish his sentence, Luhan stood up from his seat and flew to the opposite side of the table to hug his best friend tightly, “Oh my God! I’m so happy for you!” He squealed in Minseok’s ears, words couldn’t express how happy he was for his best friend.

 

“You are not angry?” Minseok was genuinely confused, because he thought Luhan would be at least a little bit angry or disappointed, and he would understand that.

 

“Why would I? So, tell me, how’s he been treating you?” Luhan asked the only important thing after he wiped the single tears from the corner of his doe eye.

 

Minseok bit back a smile and slightly bowed his head to hide the faint blush on his cheeks that probably no one would notice, “Good,” He said loud enough for both of his friends to hear it, “Very good.”

 

Luhan turned his head towards Yixing who gave him an understanding and happy smile too, “That’s great!” He couldn’t contain his happiness, “But why you tell us just now?”

 

Minseok let out a sigh, giving time for himself to think about the reason of his own decision, “It was just so sudden and I was so confused at first,” He started, “When the first time he asked me about this, I was just go by my feeling, and you know I never did anything like that before. This is my first relationship and I don’t really understand of what to do, and somehow,” He paused a little to take a breath and continue, “I always thought that things like this was just a temporary thing. But then, few days ago, he—he told me that he loves me, and at that moment I realized that I—that I—”

 

“That you don’t want this to just be a temporary thing,” Luhan finished the sentence for Minseok and patted his back, understanding that feeling very well himself.

 

“Yeah…” Minseok exhaled, feeling like a huge burden was lifted from his chest, “And we are both serious about it, and I really want this too, so I thought I’ll tell you about this, because, you know, you two are the closest I could have as family.” The smile at the end of his sentence was slightly bitter, but very much thankful that he still has those two annoying boys as his best friends.

 

“But you do know that that is basically a crime right?” Just as he finally opened his mouth, Yixing reminded them all about that one tiny important thing. He didn’t mean harm, he was just as happy as Luhan when Minseok told them about that, but he also was being thoughtful, because no matter how people would see it, first, Minseok was still underage and Junmyeon was an adult, second, Junmyeon was a school authority and Minseok was his student, there was no way that their relationship would not be a problem if other people found out about it.

 

“Yixing…” Luhan reprimanded his boyfriend, they could just talk about that later.

 

“It’s alright,” Minseok cut him off, “I understand, we are aware of that, that’s why, you two have to be careful too, to not telling anyone about this.”

 

Yixing gave him a funny smile, as if he couldn’t believe Minseok thought that any of them would tell anyone, “Why would we do that? Don’t worry, everything is safe with us!” He then raised his hand to give Minseok fist bump, “Now eat your lunch, your boyfriend made them for you! Thank God you got a boyfriend who knows how to cook.” And Minseok was thiiiiiiis close to throw a shoe to his face.

 

“Great!” Luhan clapped his hands, “Now we can have a double date!”

 

“Nope! Not gonna happen!”

 

==========

 

“This is why I told you to just do the project over the weekend! And why are you not bringing an umbrella? I have to go to work!” Minseok grumbled as he and Luhan sheltering themselves inside the empty security post near their school gate from the heavy rain. They were just finished working on a project after sitting at the library for more than two hours after school. There was barely anyone at the school that time, in fact they were probably the last student left, because it was Friday and no one stayed late at school on Friday, maybe the janitor and the librarian, but everyone else probably had left long time before.

 

“Shut up! You know we would end up playing video games like every other time if we work on it over the weekend and don’t say anything about me not bringing an umbrella, as if you bring one with you!” Luhan spat back, he wanted to go home too, and Minseok was not helping at all in that situation.

 

Just when Minseok was about to snap back at Luhan a familiar car stopped right in front of the security post, Minseok recognized it right away as Junmyeon’s car and he sighed in relieve, at least he could go to his workplace dry. Luhan though, on the other hand, was kind of in a confusing situation, he could see Junmyeon waving from inside the car, but he wasn’t sure whether if he was invited too or no. What if he wasn’t, then it would be so embarrassing and awkward, but he didn’t want to stay there alone as well, he didn’t want to ask Yixing to pick him up because he was practicing for the upcoming dance competition. God hear his problem, apparently, because Minseok nudged his arm as a sign for him to come with them, well, even if Junmyeon didn’t invite, but Minseok did, so, that counts.

 

 “Are you okay?” Junmyeon immediately asked Minseok as soon as they were inside.

 

“Yeah, just cold.” Minseok answered. Junmyeon then took Minseok’s hand in his and grazed his thumb over Minseok’s shivering digits. Luhan at the backseat watched as the couple interacting with each other, and somehow it made him smile, their gesture was simple, nothing was overdone and unnatural, but it was still sweet and it made him really happy for his friend. And that was where he sneezed and ruins the moment.

 

“Oh, hi Luhan!” Junmyeon suddenly remember the extra passenger that came in one pack with his boyfriend.

 

Luhan rubbed his nose before answering, “Hi Mr. Kim—”

 

“Just call me hyung when we are not at school, it’s kind of awkward to hear you call me that.” Because I’m dating your best friend, Junmyeon continued inside his head.

 

“Oh, okay! Thank you for inviting me in too, hyung!” Luhan didn’t mind, because to be honest, calling his best friend’s boyfriend with Mr. Kim was really awkward indeed.

 

“It’s alright, where should I drop you off, Luhan?”

 

“I’ll just go to Minseok’s workplace and I’ll ask Yixing to pick me up there later.”

 

Luhan pretended to fall asleep on the way to Minseok’s workplace so that Minseok and Junmyeon didn’t feel awkward or feel obligated to bring him into their conversation too. But he was observing their interaction, not because he was creepy or nosy, but that was the first time he saw Minseok with Junmyeon together, and he couldn’t help but to feel curious. Minseok and Junmyeon had light conversation along the way, they talked about school, Minseok told Junmyeon he got 87 for his Biology post test, how he didn’t fell asleep on the Biology class that day, and asked what Junmyeon’s plan was for that evening, Luhan never see Minseok talked that much to other people before. Junmyeon pay attention and responded to everything Minseok said, and he was really responding and not only replying with short answer, Junmyeon was really talking to Minseok, he told Minseok that he was proud of him, that he was doing a good job, but still reprimanding him about his habit to sleep inside the class, he also asked him what he wanted him to cook for him that night. Luhan could see how Junmyeon adored Minseok by the way he looked at Minseok and the way he talked to him. Junmyeon would responded with a soft hum every time Minseok called his name and would turn his face to Minseok every time they stopped at the red light. And Minseok, he looked so happy just simply being with Junmyeon, and Luhan was so happy too, he wanted to cry.

 

Once they arrived at the café where Minseok worked at, Luhan quickly excused himself after saying thank you to Junmyeon and run inside the café as quickly as he could to avoid the rain. From inside the café’s window, he could see Minseok and Junmyeon talked a bit more, he could see it more clearly, the way Junmyeon treating Minseok as if he was the most delicate thing in his hand. Luhan had been trough years of being Minseok’s friend, and he witnessed it first hand how horrible some people would treat Minseok, telling him hurtful things, making him feeling unwanted and worthless, and he kept praying that one day, Minseok would be happy and found someone who could love him just like he deserve. And that day, in front of his eyes, he saw Junmyeon treating Minseok so well and so loving, and he also witnessed the different side of Minseok that was so soft and just simply so happy. That was the only thing he wanted for Minseok, to be happy, and he was so glad the day had come. He finally cupped his mouth and let a happy tears rolled down his cheek for his friend, the friend he loved and treasure so dearly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Honestly, I'm not really happy with that OTL

Are you bored with it already? bare with me, only 1 more to go with the Flashback Series >_<

Anyway! Thank you for sticking with this word vomits I call fics until this far and for all the nice comments! <3