Extra 7 - Wedding

Detention

 

a/n1: It's been a while since i write something, so idk what to feel about this, I hope this is okay x)
 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon bit back a laugh as he watched Minseok walking back and forth around the kitchen in Minseok's apartment, while he himself was pretending to read a fashion magazine. Minseok opened and closed the cabinet's door and the fridge and keep mumbling to himself, if he didn't know it better, Junmyeon would think that his boyfriend had lost his mind.

 

Later on that day, Junmyeon was going to take Minseok to his friend's (Victoria) wedding. Minseok had been feeling nervous ever since Junmyeon told him about that a week before and tried to dodge off the invitation several time. But no, Junmyeon already made sure that Minseok has no other appointment that weekend, he also made sure that Minseok has a suit for the party, because Junmyeon didn't want to take a risk of Minseok bailing on the last minute with an excuse that he has no suit.

 

Everything was prepared, but Minseok was still so nervous. Junmyeon felt bad, but at the same time, it was also so funny to see Minseok acting strange.

 

"What if your friends hate me?" Minseok asked few days before, forcing Junmyeon to shifts his attention from his paper to his oh-so-lovely boyfriend.

 

"Why would they?" Junmyeon asked as he put his glasses down, decided that he might as well taking a break from reading.

 

"Well, why wouldn't they?" They just kept answering questions with another question.

 

Junmyeon sighed and pulled Minseok closer to him on the couch, "Love, if anything, they will hate me, for getting myself a boyfriend as pretty as you." Junmyeon ended his words with a soft kiss on Minseok's cheek.

 

Minseok looking at Junmyeon with a fake disgust, "So cheesy!"

 

Junmyeon chuckled, "You love me!"

 

Minseok did.

 

“Promise me that even if they don’t like me, you will not listen to them!” Minseok said as he closed the fridge’s door for about the tenth time in the last hour.

 

Junmyeon shook his head in amazement. He got up from his seat and walked to his boyfriend and hug him from the side, more so that Minseok stopped moving than anything. “Well, that depends on how well they convince me.” He said jokingly.

 

Apparently, hugging Minseok from the side wasn’t really a good idea, Junmyeon realized, because that means Minseok’s elbow was closer to his ribs. “I hate you!” Minseok said as he stabbed Junmyeon’s ribs with his elbow, not too hard, but hard enough to make the older winced, and stomped (waddled, really) his way to his (their, practically) bedroom.

 

Minseok became particularly difficult when it was the time to get ready.

 

“Come on, babe! We can’t be late!” Junmyeon coaxed as he involuntarily playing tug war using the blanket, because his boyfriend decided that it was a good idea to hide under the blanket when he supposed to take a shower and getting ready.

 

“I think I’m sick!” Minseok answered from under the blanket which he successfully pulled from Junmyeon’s hand.

 

“No, you’re not! Now get up and take a shower, you’re not ten years old!”

 

“I’m underage still, so that’s technically the same.”

 

Junmyeon rolled his eyes all the way to the back of his head, apparently, using force wasn’t really successful. He sighed softly before climbed onto the bed and pulled the blanket, softly this time, so at least he could see Minseok’s face. “Can’t you do it for me once?” He asked calmly.

 

Junmyeon could see Minseok contemplating, and he almost smiled because he knew what would come next. “Urgh! Okay!” Minseok finally got up from his bed and started to get ready.

 

“Do I look too young? Too childish?” Minseok asked when he already in his suit and standing in front of the mirror.

 

Junmyeon came up from behind and tilted his head, pretending to think, “Well, it’s not like we can do anything if your face looks like an infant.”

 

“That’s it! I’m not going!” Minseok threatening to take off his suit, making Junmyeon laughed and just hug him from behind to stop him.

 

“Just kidding! You look gorgeous, now let’s go, should we?” Junmyeon said to his pouting boyfriend.

 

=========

 

“Ready?” Junmyeon asked once they arrived at the venue.

 

“No!”

 

“Minseok…”

 

“Alright!”

 

All the way to the wedding ballroom, Junmyeon never let go of Minseok’s hand as he greeted various people. Sure, one of the reasons was because the younger was extremely nervous as if it was him the one who was going to get married, but another reason was because he wanted to tell Minseok that he wasn’t ashamed of him, that he was proud of having him. He wanted to tell Minseok that he wouldn’t want to have him any other way, and he wouldn’t want anyone other than him to be on his side, other people’s opinion didn’t matter.

 

Once they were inside the ballroom, Minseok looked around in awe over the venue. The place was so elegant with dominant white color and silver decorations. There are various white flowers he couldn’t name on the tables and craved candles that gave the romantic feels.

 

Junmyeon tugged Minseok’s hand softly to get his attention and wave his other hand to the direction of a tall dark skinned boy who waved his hand excitedly to Junmyeon.

 

Upon seeing the boy, Minseok shrunk in his skin. The boy looked kind of scary with sharp features and piercing eyes. What’s with Junmyeon and all of his tall friends? This one in particular didn’t look really friendly and as if he wanted to kill you with his eyes.

 

“Hyung! You came!” The not-friendly-looking friend greeted Junmyeon with a thick accent.

 

“Of course I came!” Junmyeon obviously felt glad to meet that boy.

 

“Who’s this?” The boy asked as he pointed at Minseok with his chin.

 

If only you are not Junmyeon’s friend. Minseok said in his head.

 

“Oh, Minseok, this is Zitao, he is Victoria’s cousin and my junior on college. Tao, this is Minseok, my boyfriend!” Junmyeon happily introduced them.

 

Minseok gave a small nod, but Tao was only scanning him from head to toe, “How old is he? Twelve?” He asked.

 

“Close enough, he’s eighteen. And stop scaring him would you?” Junmyeon pulled Minseok closer by the waist.

 

Tao shrugged his shoulder, “Oh, I don’t know you are into kids, I actually still kind of wish that you and Chanyeol hyung still—”

 

Minseok knew what he was about to say.

 

“Zitao, stop! Don’t you hear me? He is my boyfriend!” Junmyeon cut him off, not letting go his grip on Minseok’s waist.

 

Tao was seems to be taken aback, either by Junmyeon’s words or his own words, “I’m sorry! I know I shouldn’t say that.” He said. Minseok didn’t quite sure whether if he was apologizing to him or to Junmyeon, either way, Minseok didn’t really like him already, and wondering how Junmyeon’s other friends would see him.

 

Tao left after another giant was seen. Yifan? Was that his name? All Minseok remember was Tao letting out a sound similar to a dolphin when he saw him and bid them a real quick good bye before flung like an arrow towards the giant (Yifan, he was sure that was his name).

 

“I’m sorry.” Junmyeon said once Tao disappeared, but Minseok just tilted his head to the side not understanding what was that for. “For Tao’s word about me and Chanyeol. Don’t listen to him, he can be so childish and thoughtless sometimes. But he’s not a bad person.”

 

Minseok smiled an understanding smile, the last thing he wanted was to make Junmyeon felt guilty for something he didn’t have to, “It’s okay, I understand.”

 

“Thank you! I’ll introduce you to my other friends!”

 

Junmyeon introduced Minseok to a lot of people that day. There were Amber and Henry. Both of them were really nice, friendly and really funny, Minseok liked them. There also Jongin and Sehun. Jongin was Junmyeon’s junior at college and he also Changmin’s (Victoria’s husband) cousin, while Sehun was Jongin’s friend (boyfriend, Minseok bet). Junmyeon also introduced him to Jongdae, Jongdae was also really friendly and witty, but probably what Minseok liked about him the most was his laugh. They also met Luna, Luna was really sweet and caring, if Minseok ever have a sister, he wanted a sister like Luna. Kyungsoo was there too, finally someone Minseok knew, Minseok liked Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo was nice.

 

All and all, it was all good, Junmyeon’s friends were nice and treated Minseok well, he didn’t feel uncomfortable at all. And the wedding, how could he forgot the most important thing that day? The wedding was so beautiful, not only the venue, but also the bride, and the groom. Minseok’s favorite part was when Changmin saw Victoria for the first time on the aisle, the look on his face was so priceless. The look of adoration and love to his soon to be wife, making Minseok blushed at the thought in his head that he didn’t dare to say out loud as he glanced to Junymeon on his side.

 

==========

 

“The wedding was so beautiful, right?” Junmyeon asked that night when they were getting ready for bed. He had finished brushing his teeth and watching as Minseok brushed his own teeth from the mirror in Minseok’s bathroom. Minseok whose mouth was still full of toothpaste only nodded in agreement.

 

Junmyeon just smiled as he kept watching Minseok finishing his routine. There were so many things Junmyeon wanted to say that time, like, how much he loved the younger boy, and how cute and pretty he was, how lucky he felt to have Minseok in his life, how he couldn’t remember how was life before he met Minseok, and thousands other thing that he said million times to Minseok before but still felt like it wasn’t enough.

 

There was one thing he probably hadn’t say before that he also wanted to say. So he waited until Minseok finished drying his face and pulled him closer for a chaste kiss. Minseok just looking at him with a questioning look which he replied with a smile, “One day, we will have a wedding that even more beautiful.”

 

A wedding. It was something Minseok didn’t dare to even dream before. Yixing and Luhan often talked about how their wedding will be. Yes, they just knew they will marry to each other one day, and Minseok was sure that they will be too. But to think about one day he will married to someone too, to have someone wanting him like that, it was too unreal for Minseok before. But then, Junymeon came to his life, showering him with a lot of things he didn’t have before, not only love, but also dream, hope, security, protection, taught him how to love and to be loved, one step at a time. Minseok then realized that for once, there was something for him to hope for in the future. And whatever it is, he wanted Junmyeon be in it.

 

Minseok couldn’t help the blush that crept onto his cheek and he didn’t know how to express his happiness and gratitude, nor did he trust himself to say anything at all that time. So he let his heart that was pounding in his chest do the talk for him as he hugged Junmyeon by the neck tightly as their chest pressed to each other.

 

“I bet you will look pretty in a wedding dress.” Junmyeon said after a while.

 

Minseok let go of his hug on Junmyeon’s neck so that he didn’t tempted to kill his boyfriend, “You go sleep at your apartment alone!”

 

Junmyeon let out a laugh, he knew Minseok didn’t mean it, but he still hugged him from behind and apologize nonetheless, just in case.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n2: I'm back!! OMG!!!! Hello there new subscribers (and the old one too)!!!! Thank you for subscribing and liking my fluffy cheesball that i call a fic x) I have this idea since last month but i can only get it done now OTL Anyway~ I hope you enjoy the XiuHo and comments are always welcome~ <333