Extra 14 - First Day (Flashback Series)

Detention

Please read!!! ^-^ : Hello lovelies~ SO! This fic will have it's 1st anniv on the Feb 23rd LOL~!

I feel like I want to make a flashback series that include their firsts, like first date etc,

and the progress during their early relationship and how Junmyeon reached out to Minseok

I planned to post 1 every week until feb 23rd, it's dumb I know, but I want to! OTL

Thank you for sticking with this fic, I hope you enjoy it~

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was the morning after, when Minseok found himself lying awake in his bed and staring at the ceiling of his bedroom, his ceiling never looked so interesting before. He could barely sleep the night before, his brain was still trying to progress what was just happened. Reality seemed to hit him hard when he realized that he just got himself into a relationship overnight, not only that, but he was dating his neighbor, that was also his school counselor. Wait, dating? That was what it is, right? They were dating, right?

 

He actually didn't know what got into his mind when he agreed to Junmyeon. He was not the type of person who knew how to be in a relationship, he didn't know what love is, nor did he ever feel love or beloved. All he could remember was the feel when Junmyeon held him close, he never felt like that before, but there was this feeling that made him wanted to just stay there for long. He couldn't remember someone ever held him like that in his whole existence, and he found himself craving for more.

 

Minseok glanced at his clock, he still had plenty of time to get ready for school, and decided to just get up and took a long shower to clear his mind. He was just finished putting on his uniform when his phone vibrated.

 

From: Junmyeon

Come to my place, let's have breakfast together :)

 

Minseok felt a sudden rush of heat crept to his face, and his heart accelerate in a worrying speed. Breakfast together? Is this what couples do? He thought. There were mixed feeling flowing in his tiny body, a mix of nervousness, confusion and a slight curiosity as to what would happened, but he also had this tiny giddy feeling, because, he was always doing everything alone, and suddenly, he would have a company. He also felt anxious, he was thinking about what people usually talked about during breakfast? He wasn't a good talker. It was too many feelings to digest, but one thing he was sure about, he wanted that, what ever that is.

 

It didn't took long for Junmyeon to open the door to his apartment after Minseok rang the bell, and he was welcomed by the sight of nervous looking Minseok who tried his best to keep an eye contact with him. He gave Minseok a welcoming and pleasant smile, "Good morning!" He greeted his new boyfriend happily, he couldn't help but to feel excited.

 

"Good morning." Minseok answered hesitantly.

 

"Come in! Breakfast is almost ready!" Junmyeon said as he made a way for Minseok, "Ah, I'll give you the spare key to this apartment later." He added lightly.

 

But it made the younger of the two flustered. The key to Junmyeon's apartment? Minseok thought, this is getting even more real then. Should he give the key to his apartment too? Was that mean he could come to Junmyeon's place whenever he wanted to? There were a lot of questions flooding trough his brain, but he was determined to make things work.

 

"You don't mind pancakes, do you?" Junmyeon asked, as he busied himself with the breakfast while Minseok awkwardly standing in the middle of the kitchen.

 

"Yeah, that would be fine," Minseok answered as he looked around, observing Junmyeon's place, since it was the first time he was there, and he probably would spend more times there from then, "Is there anything I can help with?" He asked, feeling bad for just standing there.

 

"Uh... Can you get the milk and juice from the fridge? And the cups are still on the drying rack." Junmyeon responded while adding the last pancake onto the pile, before bringing them to the dining table.

 

Minseok pulled a chair for himself after he put two cups on the table, just by the look of the pancakes, he could tell that Junmyeon was a good cook (as if he hadn't just ate his cooking the last Saturday and last night). He eyed the small tray full of various jams and syrup on the dining table, looking for blueberry syrup he wished Junmyeon has and he got pretty satisfied when he found one. Minseok loved blueberries, that was why, and he was kind of disappointed when he only found orange juice inside the fridge, but who was he to felt disappointed over blueberry juice, Junmyeon was nice enough invited him to breakfast. Will he invites him to breakfast again the next day? He kind of hoped that Junmyeon would, but he didn't dare to hope for much, it was too good to be true, and good thing didn't usually happen to him.

 

Junmyeon noticed when Minseok was eyeing the tray on his dining table, also when the younger particularly had an intense eye contact with one of the bottle. It made him wonder, did Minseok ever know how adorable he actually is, or had anyone ever told him that? He would tell him that for sure. But he would save that for later, "Blueberry?" He asked the question he knew the answer to already.

 

The younger of the two blushed, did Junmyeon caught him eyeing the bottle? But he gave a small nod anyway.

 

They were eating and chatting in a rather awkward atmosphere, but not the kind of unpleasantly awkward. It was just, one of them were too nervous, and the other was too excited. However, both of them were aware of what was it between them from that day on, and none of them could deny that they wanted it. They were almost strangers just few days before, except for the fact that they were neighbor and those detentions Minseok had, it was weird that since the night before, their relationship was taking a turn in a rather massive measure. It was weird, but very well welcomed.

 

Minseok's phone vibrated in his pocket, he knew very well who was that from, because he always gets that text every school mornings. "Luhan is here, I have to go now." He said after basically inhaling his orange juice.

 

"Luhan?" Junmyeon questioned.

 

"We— we always go to the bus stop together, he—he lives nearby," Minseok wasn't quite sure why he was stuttering. Maybe he was afraid that Junmyeon would be angry if he goes to school with Luhan, even though he didn't see the reason why he would be angry.

 

After bidding his goodbye, Minseok dashed to the doorstep to wear his shoes, because he didn't want to make Luhan wait for too long. As he slipped to his left shoe, he heard Junmyeon called him from behind and made him turned around, in a split second, he thought he had left something behind. His brain barely had the time to progress what was happened when he realized a pair of lips on his own and a hand rested on his waist, that was when his head registered that Junmyeon was kissing him. It was just a simple kiss, really, and a short one too, just a little longer than a peck, but nonetheless, it made his heart jumped in his chest and made him flinched, but he flinched into the kiss, instead of away from it.

 

"Get used to this." Junmyeon whispered, when he pulled away.

 

To the breakfast? Or to the kiss? But either way Minseok didn't really mind, at all. So he nodded in respond.

 

Junmyeon flashed his blinding smile and pecked Minseok's cold cheek, "Be careful, see you at school!"

 

It was just their first day, but somehow, they couldn't wait for their first week, the first month, the first year and so on.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: It's not much, but I still hope you like it... Comments are welcome~ ^^