Extra 6 - Giving Up

Detention

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon tapped his pen repeatedly on the paper he was working on and continuously glancing at the clock hanging on his living room. Minseok said that he was going to do some homework at Luhan’s place after school, however, it was already nine thirty, thirty minutes passed from the time he promised to be home at nine. To make things even worse, Minseok didn’t pick up his phone when Junmyeon called to ask whether if he needed to be picked up, and it was forty five minutes ago. Minseok also didn’t pick the other five calls Junmyeon made after.

 

At the same time Junmyeon promised himself that he would go to Luhan’s place if Minseok wasn’t home in five minutes, he heard his front door opened in a rather harsh manner. When he turned his head to the boy making his way trough his front door, his relieved feeling didn’t last for long.

 

Suddenly, Minseok pulled Junmyeon from his seat into a kiss, but it wasn’t their usual cute kisses. His kiss was frantic, almost panic. Minseok forcefully pushed his way to Junmyeon, making the older winced in pain when Minseok’s theet accidentally knocked his upper lip.

 

Sensing that something was wrong, Junmyeon tried to push his boyfriend away so that he could ask him what was wrong.

 

“Minseok!” Was the only thing Junmyeon managed to say in the split second the separated, before Minseok slammed his lips onto Junmyeon’s once again.

 

Junmyeon was more prepared the second time and more composed after the initial shock was over, and he could clearly feel that Minseok was shaking. Minseok’s heart was racing violently in his ribcage that was pressed onto his own chest.

 

Something was definitely wrong.

 

Junmyeon just play along with all the push and pull until he somehow managed to pin Minseok’s arms to his side and push him so he could see his face properly. Fear, and probably anger was written all over Minseok’s face.

 

“What’s wrong?” Junmyeon asked with a shaky voice.

 

“Minseok, what’s wrong?” Junmyeon repeated his question when Minseok didn’t answer him in the span of two seconds, he was getting really impatient.

 

Minseok let out the first sob before slipped onto the floor and turned into a crying mess. He hugged himself as he let tears flowing through his feline eyes. Junmyeon who still didn’t know what happened, followed him to the floor and hugged his shaking body.

 

“Oh God!” Junmyeon cried, he, who usually calm in every situation, couldn’t seem to be calm then. Seeing his boyfriend crying like that was bad enough, and not knowing the reason why was even worse.  That was the first time Junmyeon saw Minseok crying that hard.

 

Junmyeon rocked their bodies back and forth, Minseok’s heart still thrashing against his chest with a worrying speed, making Junmyeon felt so helpless.

 

“I—I’m scared…” Minseok managed to say with a cracking voice in between his sobs.

 

“What? What are you scared about? What happened? God! Please tell me!” Junmyeon almost lost his mind.

 

“My father.. I—I saw him on my way home, what if—what if he find me? I—I don’t want to—I – He will—” Minseok was shaking even more when he tried to speak.

 

“No! No!” Junmyeon cut him before Minseok could finish whatever he tried to say and hauled him back to his embrace, “He’s not going to find you, I’m not going to let that happen, never!”

 

Junmyeon was so angry. He was so angry at Minseok’s parents who were still able to hurt Minseok even without touching him. “Shh… shh… No one can hurt you, I’m not going to let anyone to hurt you. You hear me? No one can hurt you!”

 

Minseok could only nodded weakly to Junmyeon’s chest and gripped Junmyeon’s shirt harder. He was desperate to trust Junmyeon’s words that time, there was nothing else he could do.

 

==========

 

The following week was the hardest part in the history of their five months old relationship. Minseok became paranoid of everything, and even though he tried to hide it somehow, Junmyeon was still managed to see all the fears on his face whenever he was about to go outside, be it to school, to work, or even something as simple as putting the trash out.

 

Luhan was willingly picked Minseok up on his way to school, and he would stay with him before he had to work. Junmyeon would pick him up on his work place and stayed with him until he fell asleep.

 

Junmyeon was thinking about finding new apartments, somewhere closer to school and Minseok’s workplace. But finding two apartments that were close to one another with affordable rent wasn’t really the easiest thing to do. He had to find two apartments, because if Minseok is moving, he had to move to, that wasn’t a question. Sure, they could just find one apartment and live there together, but it would be too risky. Moving in together wasn’t really a choice as long as Minseok was still in school.

 

Junmyeon heaved a heavy sigh and squeezed his eyes shut in frustration as he crumpled another piece of paper after he made another mistake in calculating the equation he was trying to work with in the last two hours. He felt like he couldn’t think straight, he was physically and mentally tired.

 

For the whole week, Junmyeon had been trying to find new apartments for both him and Minseok. He also had to pick Minseok up from his work place, the fact that Minseok finished working near midnight wasn’t helping at all. And his professors apparently were conspiring with life and decided to give him three assignment that were due the next week.

 

Junmyeon closed his eyes and massaging his temple, feeling extremely tired. He was starting to doubt himself, whether if he was the right person for Minseok. That was the first time in his life he ever cared that much about someone. He missed the time where he was so carefree and the only thing he had to worry about was his work and school. But then, he has this person who came into his life and took a huge part of his attention, because everything that happened to Minseok was mattered.

 

Lost in his thought, Junmyeon was brought to real world when he felt a pair of arms circling around his shoulder and a cheek pressed to his shoulder. A familiar and calming scent of baby powder flooded his nose, and he couldn’t help but to inhale deeper and leaning back to the source of comfort.

 

Junmyeon turned his head to face his boyfriend who was clinging onto his back, “Hi!” He exhaled loudly giving Minseok a tired but happy smile, and kissed him lightly on his button nose.

 

“Hi!” Minseok greeted back with an adorable grin, earning him a small bite on his nose from Junmyeon.

 

“I didn’t hear you came.” Junmyeon said as he rubbing Minseok’s ar around his neck.

 

“I see…” Minseok nodded, before fell into silence and slightly frowned in thought, “Can we talk?”

 

Junmyeon creased his eyebrows but agreed nonetheless, “Sure!” He said as he pulled Minseok to sit on his lap.”What is it?” He asked softly, brushing the hair out from Minseok’s eyes.

 

“I know you’ve bee trying to find us new apartment.”

 

“How could you know?” Junmyeon asked with a mild shock, because he didn’t actually told Minseok about it.

 

Minseok gave him a sad smile, “You aren’t really good at hiding things from me. I saw the list you left the other day.”

 

OH.

 

“I was thinking that moving you to another place will make you fell more comfortable.”

 

Minseok sighed, “you could’ve asked me first.”

 

“I don’t want to put more burden on you.”

 

“Then what about me? Don’t you think I would feel the same way too? You don’t need to do anything yourself. I might not that helpful, but I really want to help, especially if it’s about me.” Minseok paused to take a breath, “There’s this thing other couple usually do, you know. It’s called sharing.”

 

Junmyeon pulled Minseok close by the waist and buried his face to Minseok’s shoulder, “I know, I’m sorry.” He mumbled. He stayed like that longer, Minseok’s steady breath and his hand slowly threading his own hair seemed to be able to calm his tired soul.

 

“Are you alright though?” Junmyeon asked as he pulled away.

 

“I’m fine. It’s getting better. See? I don’t need Luhan to pick me up for school anymore. And I was about to tell you that you don’t need to pick me up from work anymore.” Minseok tried his best to not let his voice shake.

 

“Are you sure?” Junmyeon was the one who was still unsure.

 

“Yeah, it’s just, I can’t let them took over my life forever. I’m not—I’m not scared anymore. I shouldn’t. You—you will be there for me, right?” Minseok asked, searching for a confirmation.

 

Junmyeon smiled and kissed Minseok once, “Of course, I would never let anyone to hurt you. Never!” He said with a new determination.

 

Minseok sighed contently before cupping Junmyeon’s face with both hands, kissing him once on his forehead, once on each lids, once on the bridge of his nose, twice on his chapped lips, “Thank you.”

 

“Don’t be.” Junmyeon replied with a low whisper.

 

“You must be tired.” Minseok smiled apologetically and brushing Junmyeon fair cheek with his thumb.

 

“Kind of. Want to stay?” Junmyeon offered, he had lost all his will to do his assignment. Minseok don’t usually sleep over on weekdays, because waking him up in the morning was already hard as it is, but with the addition of Junmyeon in the bed, the level of difficulty was raised sevenfold. Because all Minseok wanted to do was just cuddling and skipped school. But that night was an exception, Junmyeon needed Minseok near him, he didn’t care if Minseok was whining and kicking the next morning, he would even let him skip school. He just wanted to be with his boyfriend for the night.

 

When he watched Minseok sleep soundly that night, Junmyeon felt ashamed of himself. How could he think about giving up? Of all time, when Minseok needed him more than anything, when Minseok was struggling by his own and not giving up, he was the one who was thinking about giving up. What man would do that to someone he said he loved with everything he had? Everything would get better, it was getting better, he couldn’t stop there, not after everything they had been trough, not when they still loved and needed each other, not then, not ever.

 

Junmyeon smiled lovingly when Minseok unconsciously snuggling closer to him, and he just pulled him even closer. Minseok wasn’t a light sleeper, so when he kissed his cheek, Minseok just whimpered lightly then scratching his cheek, leaving Junmyeon trying his best not to laugh at his boyfriend’s adorableness.

 

No, he would never give up on him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Guess who's baaaaaaaack~~~ LOL! I have this written on my notebook since weeks ago but always had no time to type it. FINALLY! It's not that bad isn't it? (.-.) So.... comment? AND!!! Than you for all the subscribers every single one of you, I honestly think I don't deserve it but I'm really happy ^^