Extra 4 - Pet

Detention

 

 

 

 

 

 

Almost four months into their relationship, Junmyeon realized that Minseok somehow became brighter, he talked more and smiled more. Sure, it was only when he was around him (which Junmyeon actually took pride of it), because in school Minseok was still quite and distant with people, but it was still a progress. As much as Junmyeon wanted to keep Minseok for himself, he also wanted to show to people, how beautiful Minseok’s personality was (and make them regret for mistreating him).

 

"I want a duck!" Minseok blurted out one day. They were watching a DVD on Junmyeon's couch, with Minseok's head on Junmyeon's lap and Junmyeon's hand playing with Minseok's hair. It was a lazy Saturday, where both of them were feeling lazy to go anywhere and decided to just stayed at home and go to dinner at the nearby restaurant later.

 

"Hmmm? Are you hungry?" Junmyeon asked, thinking that maybe Minseok was hungry, considering they woke up late and only had pancakes and fried egg for brunch.

 

"No, not food, a duck, a pet duck!" Minseok rolled up so now, he was facing Junmyeon from Junmyeon's lap.

 

Junmyeon stopped playing with Minseok's hair and looked down to meet with his boyfriend's grinning face. "A pet.... duck?" He asked, afraid that he might hear wrong, the movie suddenly wasn't that interesting anymore.

 

Minseok nodded. Junmyeon swore, with that face, he would buy him the whole farm if Minseok asked him to. But, no, he can't, he needed to think rationally.

 

Another thing Junmyeon realized was that Minseok has a quite unique personality.

 

"Why would you want a pet duck?" Why not something more normal?

 

Minseok got up from his position and sat cross legged beside Junmyeon, facing the older male, "Why not? They're cute!" He said excitedly.

 

Junmyeon learned that, surprisingly, Minseok is a fan of cute things, which, explain his bunny slippers, which, he never wanted to admit and he said he only wear them because Luhan gave him and it's comfortable.

 

"Babe," Junmyeon reached his hand to pat Minseok’s head, “I don’t think that a duck is an ideal pet.” He said with an apologetic look, he wasn’t used to refuse Minseok’s requests.

 

“But why?” Minseok asked Junmyeon with a genuine confusion written on his face.

 

Junmyeon almost gave in, almost, “They… They need to live near water, or a pond or something, where are we going to keep it?” he reasoned.

 

“We can keep it in the bathroom, my bathroom, and I can just use yours.” Minseok suggested.

 

“You can’t just lock it in the bathroom, can you? It will be sad, and they are also noisy, beside, it’s not like we can train them or anything.” Junmyeon prayed, hard, that Minseok will over it.

 

Minseok sighed and pouted. He looked adorable supporting a pout, but Junmyeon felt bad.

 

“What about a cat?” Minseok apparently still wanted a pet.

 

It was Junmyeon’s turn to sigh. He pulled Minseok close and pecked his cheek, “You are allergic to cats, remember?”

 

Minseok’s face fell again, but not for long because his face lifted up as a new idea came to his head, “A puppy?”

 

Junmyeon bit his lip in attempt to held back a squeal upon seeing Minseok’s face. “Love,” he said again patiently, “I don’t think we can afford to take a puppy right now.” Junmyeon’s brain was thinking about a hundred and one ways to erase his guilt towards his boyfriend.

 

“We are so busy right now, we wouldn’t have a time to take care of them. Beside, our apartments are small they wouldn’t have a place to play around.” Junmyeon reasoned. It was true though, they both were busy, with school and work, they barely have time for each other, if they were not living side by side, they probably wouldn’t meet each other.

 

“Later,” Jumyeon continued, “When we were not so busy, and got to move to bigger apartment, I’ll get you a puppy, okay?”

 

Minseok blushed a little at Junmyeon’s words. Was that mean Junmyeon wanted to live with him? Even though they were neighbor and they basically owned each other’s apartment, but moving in as in actually living together was the whole different thing. And the thought of having a future with someone was never crossed his mind before, and it made him felt giddy inside.

 

That aside, Minseok still hadn’t give up on having a pet. “But I want a pet.” He said hopefully.

 

“Ah!” Junmyeon’s face lit up, “What about gold fish? They are cute too and easy to take care of. We can put them into a pretty fishbowl, I’ll buy you a fishbowl and we can decorate it.” Junmyeon was proud of himself when Minseok grew a smile.

 

“Can we get two fishes? It would be lonely if we only get one.”

 

“Sure! Tomorrow, we’ll get two of them!” Junmyeon smiled along with Minseok before pulling him again to kiss his cheek.

 

========

 

“I’ll name them Luhan and Yixing.” Minseok said later that night, when he slipped under the comforter to sleep beside Junmyeon, still excited about getting gold fishes.

 

Junmyeon knitted his eyebrows, “Why?” He asked before planting his head to his pillow.

 

“Because, they are always together. And our fishes will always be together too.”

 

“I don’t think naming your pet with your best friend’s and his boyfriend’s name is a good idea.”

 

Minseok nodded in agreement, “What about pancake and--”

 

“Why pancake?” Junmyeon asked before Minseok finished his words.

 

“That’s my favorite breakfast!”

 

“That’s your favorite breakfast, for now. You’ll change your favorite next week.” Junmyeon learned that Minseok has short term obsession over foods. Like, he will obsessed over cheese potato chips for a week and only eat cheese potato chips during that week, and later, he will obsessed over strawberry yoghurt for four days, next, he will obsessed over caramel popcorn for five days, and so on.

 

Minseok rolled his eyes, “Why don’t you think of a name then?”

 

Junmyeon chuckled, it felt like discussing their child’s name or something, “What about Mandoo? Because you look like one!” He said and pinched Minseok’s cheek, earning a scowl from the younger.

 

“I’m not!” Minseok scowled.

 

Junmyeon let out a small laugh, “You do. Beside, Mandoo is a cute name! Now, you think about one more name.” Junmyeon determined to name one of the fishes ‘Mandoo’.

 

Minseok didn’t put up a fight anymore and just went with that name for one of the fishes and thinking about another name. “What about Suho?”

 

“Suho? As in guardian?”

 

Minseok nodded, “If you name one of them after me, then I’ll name the other after you. You are my guardian, then Suho that is!” He grinned cheekily.

 

Oh, when Junmyeon thought he couldn’t fall deeper.

 

“Well, if you said so, I can’t say no, can I?” Junmyeon smiled lovingly.

 

Minseok fisted Junmyeon shirt and pulled him for a kiss, “Best boyfriend ever!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I’m actually in the mid of writing LayHan fic, but this idea keep popping in my head, and I can’t continue my LayHan before I write this down, so here it is~ It’s actually just a ball of fluff that makes no sense whatsoever OTL but still, hope you enjoyed that.