Extra 19 - Minseok's 'I Love You' (Flashback Series)

Detention

a/n: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THIS FIC!!!! xD

this is so cheesy you might lose your toes

 

 

 

 

 

“Is it done already?” Minseok peeked from Junmyeon’s shoulder when the older was checking on the rice cooker to see whether if the rice was ready for their dinner.

 

“No, maybe we still need to wait for about ten minutes,” Junmyeon answered after seeing that the cook button hadn’t move.

 

Minseok looked kind of disappointed as he responded with a short ‘oh’.

 

“We can do something while waiting,” Junmyeon said mischievously as he pulled Minseok by the waist and started to trap him between his arms and the kitchen counters.

 

Minseok could feel the blush crept onto his face as he was trying to find something else to see other than Junmyeon, “What?” He mumbled.

 

Junmyeon only smiled as he inched his face closer and closer to Minseok’s, making the younger involuntarily ended up staring into his eyes and shifted to his lips as he was one breath apart. Of course, he finally placed his lips on top of Minseok’s with the softest way possible and waited until Minseok responded before pressed a little bit harder and moved his lips. He lifted his boyfriend to sit on the counter easily, so that he could stand between his knees as he deepened the kiss a bit more, all while still being very gentle. There were times like that, when all Junmyeon wanted was just to speak his feeling trough soft kisses, telling Minseok how precious he was and how much he treasured him, that all he wanted was just to make him happy and he would never hurt him, and there was no other way he would treated him other than with much love and care. He didn’t know whether if Minseok could read the message he tried to deliver, but if he was allowed to judge by the way Minseok curled his fingers on his shoulder and the way he smiled when they pulled apart, Junmyeon was sure, Minseok could read trough the gesture just fine.

 

There was this thing Minseok loved to do, he loved being really close to Junmyeon. He didn’t do it all the time, but there are times when Minseok just liked to be as close as possible to Junmyeon’s face without kissing him and tracing Junmyeon’s features with the very tip of his fingers, usually he would do that in some quite mornings, when Junmyeon was still half asleep, feeling content just by having him in his arms, and when Junmyeon asked him why did he do that, he said it was because when he was doing that, he was sure that Junmyeon was real and everything was not just a dream.

 

So when Minseok did that when they pulled apart from their kiss, Junmyeon just let him do whatever he liked, and by whatever, it was tracing every curve of his face from his brow bone down to his nose, his cheek and the curve of his lips. In that moment, Junmyeon just rested his hands loosely on Minseok’s hips and thinking to himself. At first, he was wondering, when did he stop seeing Minseok as his student? He was sure he fell in love with Minseok long before they started dating, must be somewhere in between the numerous detentions he gave him, or simply during one of those times they walked passed each other in front of their apartment.

 

Junmyeon then noticed there were a lot of changes in Minseok, maybe not changes, but Minseok just feel more and more comfortable to show him all side of him, and he just loved everything about Minseok. He loved Minseok’s laugh and giggles when they were watching Gag Concert on TV while he hugged him from behind on the couch, he loved Minseok’s pout when he told him to eat vegetables, he loved Minseok’s squeals when he tickled his side as they were being lazy in bed, he loved the way Minseok scrunched his nose when he placed a small peck there, he just loved Minseok. But then, he realized that Minseok hadn’t told him that he loved him yet, and he really wanted to hear Minseok telling him that he loved him. They were dating for about a month, and during that month Junmyeon had told Minseok that he loved him for countless times, not that it mattered, not that his feeling would change if Minseok didn’t say it, and he also knew that Minseok was happy around him, but he just wanted to hear it, he wanted to know that he didn’t just imagining things in his head and it was just simply nice to hear someone you love saying that they love you too.

 

“Minseok…” Junmyeon called softly and got a tiny little peck as the respond, “Do you love me?”

 

Minseok stopped tracing Junmyeon’s face and just stayed there in silence. He was thinking, Junmyeon could see that, his brain was working to form a sentence that could answer Junmyeon’s question. There was this unreadable expression plastered on his face, and it made Junmyeon felt uneasy, because usually, Junmyeon could easily read his expression. He then moved to place his chin on Junmyeon’s shoulder, his warm breath tickling the side of Junmyeon’s neck, but Junmyeon didn’t mind, it was the fact that they couldn’t see each other’s face was what bothering Junmyeon. “Is it how it feels like to fall in love?” He asked.

 

“How is it?” Junmyeon put his hand to Minseok’s back and rubbed there in comforting manner, telling him that it was okay to talk.

 

Minseok took one calm breath before started, “I always want to talk to you once you hang up the phone, when I’m alone and you are not with me, I always want to see you, and when I finally see you, I don’t want to leave and I don’t want you to leave me either. And it’s scary,” He paused, and Junmyeon just kept rubbing his back knowing that he hadn’t finished yet, “It’s scary, because, I used to live by myself for a really long time before, and I thought I would be fine to just keep live my life alone, but now… Even the thought of not having you in my life makes me sad. It’s scary because I keep thinking, what if I woke up one day and there’s no you?” He continued with steady pace, not rushing anything, “All this time, all I did was just surviving my days, I want to be a barista but that was all I want for my self. But now I started to imagine more things for my future.” Junmyeon pulled him closer by then, but maybe he didn’t even realize that, because he put all of his concentration to his speech, “I never trusted anyone in my life before, because not even my own parents can be trusted and they betrayed me one time too many, but now I feel like I’m trusting you more and more. And for once, I want to be better, I want to be good enough for someone.” He took a deep breath before asking his final question “Is this how it feels like to fall in love?”

 

Junmyeon didn’t answer the question right away, instead, he pulled Minseok to hug him tightly as if it was the only reason for him to be born. His heart was dancing in his chest and he was sure Minseok could feel it. “Yes,” He finally answered the question, “It is…” He could only managed so far before burying his face to the curve of Minseok’s shoulder, he was so happy he couldn’t even form some intelligent sentence. Minseok didn’t say ‘I love you’, but he could hear it already. It was alright if Minseok need more time to be able to say it, but he knew already, he knew that Minseok loved him too,  maybe, just maybe, as much as he did.

 

“Junmyeon…” Minseok called softly.

 

“Yes, baby.”

 

“I love you…”

 

Junmyeon squeezed the tears he was holding out of his eyes when he heard those three words. He never knew nor does he ever imagine that it was possible to feel that good to hear someone tell him that they love him. He had his share of relationships before, and he got some quite number of confessions from people, but none of those could be compared to the feeling when Minseok told him that he loved him. He always thought he knew how it feels like to fall in love, but no, Minseok was the first person who thought him how it feels like to fall in love.

 

“Junmyeon…” Minseok called again, and Junmyeon just love the sound of his name trough Minseok’s voice.

 

“Yes, love.” Junmyeon tried to hide the shakiness in his voice.

 

“I will—I will be nice, and I’ll be good too… So, please tell me I can do that… Please tell me I can love you.”

 

“You can, Minseok… You can… Please do love me. You don’t have to do anything else, loving me will be enough.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Alright! that would be the last one for Flashback Series ^^ Thank you for sticking with these mess all of this time!

Unfortunatley! I wont stop writing for this fic xD So if you bored with it already, that's not my problem \o/

for those who still supporting this fic until this far, Thank you so much~! <3