Extra 21 - Of Sugar and Cookies

Detention

 

a/n: Hello~!!!!!!!! I miss these two ;A; but I was so busy OTL

Making this during the long weekend :3

This is another pointless fluff soooooo kinda boring maybe xD

But I like this one

 

 

 

 

Minseok pulled away from the kiss and dive back to snuggle in Junmyeon's chest so that everything that were touching his body are Junmyeon, Junmyeon's bed and Junmyeon's fluffy and expensive comforter, it was warm and super comfortable and to be honest, there was no other place he would rather be. They woke up quite early that morning, and then get up to grab some coffee and small breakfast before deciding that it was too early to get up on the weekend and went back to the bed like some lazy cats they were. But it was pretty satisfying though, just being lazy in bed, watching some random videos from Junmyeon's phone and sharing some kisses and giggles in between, both of them felt so content, and most  importantly, they felt happy. The silence was comforting as Junmyeon buried his nose in Minseok's hair while the younger just tracing the picture on the front of his t-shirt mindlessly. "Why do we always end up in bed again?" Minseok broke the silence when sudden realization caught him.

 

Junmyeon kissed the top of Minseok's head before answering, "Because we are always too tired," he said in a matter of fact. Both of them were always so busy during weekdays with school and work, and none of them got to sleep before midnight, so when weekend finally arrived, they wouldn't call it a morning before 10am minimum.

 

Minseok let out a sigh, "Are we not going to do anything today?" He pushed Junmyeon's chest lightly’ and looked up to face his boyfriend. Not that he hated just staying in for the whole day, but not doing anything at all was kind of lame too.

 

Junmyeon raised his brows, "What do you want to do?" he asked back after planting a kiss on Minseok's lips, just because he could (and because Minseok looked really cute, what else?).

 

"Uhm..." Minseok creased his forehead, thinking a little bit too hard for such a simple matter, "Let's bake some cookies!" He suggested with wide eyes. They had bake some cakes together several times before, it was fun and they made some good cakes (but let's not talk about the first time they did it though, it was so bad they had to go to a cafe to buy some cakes as a therapy), but they never bake cookies before, so Minseok thought it would be fun to try something new.

 

"But we don't have the ingredients though, do you want to go and buy some?" Junmyeon didn't mind, but he wasn't sure Minseok was willing to go outside, because he seemed to be in the mood to just stay in.

 

"Let's go and buy then!" Minseok answered excitedly.

 

"Alright..." Junmyeon agreed, but instead of get up immediately and getting ready, he pulled Minseok by the waist and kissed him again instead.

 

The younger was getting impatient and whined as he pushed Junmyeon away lightly, "Let's go!"

 

Junmyeon let out a melodious laugh, "Alright, alright... Go get ready then!" And as soon as he said that, Minseok jumped out of the bed to get ready, and as Junmyeon watched his boyfriend's back disappeared behind the door, he heaved a sigh, what a wonderful life, he thought.

                                     

==========

 

"Baby, can you please get two cartons of milk please?" Junmyeon asked as he pushed the trolley around and checking his groceries list while Minseok following beside him and helping him putting things into the trolley.

 

"Okay!" Minseok sing-songed, he loved grocery shopping, because that means, he could buy snacks and sweets, a lot of them, well, as much as Junmyeon allowed him, actually. "Can I get some cola too?" He asked expectantly as he put a bag of his favorite potato chips into the trolley.

 

"One can only!" Junmyeon answered and raised his pointy finger to emphasize his word. He was really strict about Minseok's sugar intake, because Minseok really would breathe sugar if he could, and he didn't want his boyfriend caught diabetes at a young age, or at all in that matter. "And get chocolate chips for the cookies too, I'll get the flour and eggs." He then pushed the trolley away to get some eggs while Minseok flew to get what Junmyeon asked him to get.

 

"Here is the milk..." Minseok put two cartons of milk into the trolley, one carton of white milk for Junmyeon and one carton of chocolate milk for himself, as always. "My cola... I only get one can!" He added as he put the red can into the trolley, "And choco chips!" He threw two large bags of choco chips into the trolley.

 

Junmyeon's eyes doubled in size as he saw the bags of sugar in the form of choco chips being thrown into the trolley, "Babe,” He said in horror, “I don’t think we need so many choco chips for the cookies."

 

"Oh, it's okay,”Minseok shrugged his shoulder, “I can eat the rest!" Minseok replied lightly, as if it was perfectly normal to eat a bag of choco chips.

 

Junmyeon almost shrieked when he heard that and the word 'diabetes' kept flashing in his mind "No!” He shook his head, “It's too much, let's just get one," he said, still in horror and proceeded to push his trolley to return one of the bag of choco chips.

 

"But--" Minseok was clearly disappointed that he had to say goodbye to one of the choco chips.

 

"It's too much sugar," Junmyeon explained patiently without sounding so naggy, "Or should we put your cola back instead?" He said half threatening, but with a tone that somehow sounded like he was bargaining.

 

"No!" Minseok quickly replied defensively over his only can of cola.

 

I think so too. Junmyeon said in his head.

                                                                                                                                                

==========

 

“Here, crack these eggs and beat them while I measure the other ingredients,” Junmyeon handed a large bowl and some eggs to Minseok before started to do his part in measuring the sugar, flour and butter. To be honest, Minseok was never good at baking or cooking, but he was always eager to help, because he was just so happy to be able to do various things with Junmyeon, or with anyone at all in that matter, because for a too long time, he was alone and lonely. Junmyeon was just so patient with everything regarding Minseok, he started to make him do some easy things, like holding the mixer, shifting flour, and taught him how to crack some eggs, he realized that Minseok was not that good at measuring things, for some reason, so he did that himself, but all and all, it was fun.

 

Next, Junmyeon started to mix all the ingredients needed in a bowl while Minseok helping him adding the ingredients into the bowl. They had small talks while doing that, about school, about works and friends while some songs playing in the background with low volume. It was one of those times when they feel like life was just so perfect even though they didn’t do anything extraordinary, just doing something as simple as baking cookies could feel so special as long as they did it together. “What are you doing?” Jumyeon suddenly stopped doing what he was doing and pulled the bowl away as Minseok was about to pour all one bag of choco chips into the mix.

 

Minseok starred at Junmyeon with confused look, “Adding the choco chips?” He asked back instead.

 

“All of them?” Junmyeon added more question into the question chain and Minseok nodded in respond, “No! It’s too much, we will use half of them only.” He shook his head in disagreement.

 

“But it will taste better with more choco chips!” Minseok retaliated.

 

“No, Minseok, It will be too much.” They didn’t make many cookies, adding a whole bag of choco chips was unnecessary.

 

Minseok frowned as he started to put the necessary amount into the mix, “Why do I always need to listen to you?” He mumbled, loud enough for Junmyeon to hear.

 

“Because I’m older?” Junmyeon answered the question nonetheless.

 

“Are you really going to use that on me now?” Mineok gasped, because he couldn’t believe Junmyeon using age in their non-existent argument. About choco chips, that is.

 

“If that could prevent you from having diabetes then yes, I’ll use that.” Junmyeon really wasn’t the one who use age in their argument or in anything at all. He did his part as the older one between them, but he never use it for his own benefit. But then again, Minseok really need to calm down with all the sugar.

 

“I’m not going to get diabetes!” Minseok said confidently.

 

“Right,” Junmyeon continued his work with the dough, “What about cavities? Do you want another tooth being pulled out?“ He reminded Minseok about the super unpleasant experience when his wisdom tooth had to be taken out, it didn’t hurt or anything, because he got all the medicines and anesthetic, and Junmyeon made sure he went to the best dentist at the best hospital, it was just so unpleasant, he sulked the whole evening even though Junmyeon didn’t do anything wrong at all.

 

“No…” Minseok finally gave up. Junmyeon just knew him too well, it was almost unfair.

 

They proceeded to make small balls of cookie dough and lined them on a cookie sheet, with Junmyeon telling Minseok not to eat the raw dough so much, because, salmonella exist. The dough went to the oven and the impatient Minseok can’t help to peek from the oven window so often even though Junmyeon told him that it wasn’t ready yet. Once the cookies was done Minseok insisted to put them into a cow patterned cookie jar that Junmyeon bought along when they were grocery shopping earlier, and smiled proudly when he saw how great the cookies look.

 

The cookies didn’t last long as both of them ended up taking a nap on the couch, Minseok’s back pressed to Junmyeon’s chest, with a half empty cookie jar and couple mugs sitting side by side on the coffee table. When Junmyeon woke up from his nap, the apartment was quite and the only sound he could hear was Minseok steady breath. He smiled to himself, inhaling the soft scent of Minseok’s hair as he buried his nose there, because having Minseok in his arms like that made him feel like the world is in hands. Just months ago, he would never imagine living a life like that, feeling so settled and peaceful, having someone to love and loving him like that, and since Minseok came to his life, his life was so complete. Minseok was young and he was hurt, it was not all rainbows and unicorns to work a relationship with him, but at times like that, when he woke up to Minseok’s face, sleeping soundly, safe and healthy, Junmyeon knew that he regret nothing, and he would go trough all obstacles to keep Minseok by his side. 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I hope you enjoy that, it was just another plotless, pointless extra xD

Comments are welcome ^-^