Extra 22 - Losing You

Detention

 

 

a/n: Hell-oooooooooooooooo!

bored with me already? OTL

I got carried away while writing this -___-;

I hope this is still make sense xD

 

 

 

Junmyeon hummed to a song as he replied to a chat from his friend while waiting for Minseok to come out from work. He decided to pick Minseok up from work because it was suddenly raining and he didn't want his boyfriend to get sick from walking home in the rain. He apparently came too early, because he forgot that he set the clock in his apartment fifteen minutes later so he wouldn't late for work or classes, he ended up waiting patiently in his car across the cafe where Minseok was working, chatting away with his friend so he wouldn't die of bore dome.

 

A loud honking sound and a terrifying screech snapped him away from his phone, and as he lifted his head, as if everything was in a slow motion, he saw a car slipped on the wet road as the driver tried to hit the break as hard as possible to stop the car, but unfortunately it was too late as the black metal hit a boy that was crossing the street. Junmyeon screamed his heart out as his brain quickly recognizing the familiar figure that was flying a few meter away from the collision.

 

==========

 

Junmyeon sat on his bed, beads of cold sweat moisten his forehead despite the air conditioner that was set on the low. His breath came in irregular pattern and his heart painfully banging in his ribcage as if it was about to explode. He blinked repeatedly as he looked around his bedroom, making sure that he was indeed in his bedroom and everything was just a dream, a really really bad nightmare. And shortly after his brain assured him that he was indeed had a nightmare, he clutched his chest to calm himself down, taking a deep breath and counted to ten in his head.

 

Junmyeon felt a lot calmer after finishing a glass of cold water, never in his life he ever got so traumatized by a nightmare before. Maybe because it was about Minseok, he would never let his boyfriend get hurt even if it was just a scratch of his skin, let alone something as bad as what happened in his dream previously, he wanted to cry just thinking about it again. It was almost two in the morning when Junmyeon glanced at the clock in his kitchen, Minseok was definitely asleep already, but he felt this urge to see him, he needed to see him, to make sure that he was fine. He tapped his fingers on the counter top as he contemplating with himself whether if he should sneaked into Minseok's apartment or no, because they had an argument earlier, about school stuff, not a big deal, wont do anything to their relationship, but he wondered if Minseok was still upset.

 

Finally decided to just sneaked into Minseok's apartment, Junmyeon walked soundlessly towards Minseok's room, he couldn't careless if Minseok kicked him out, he just needed to see Minseok or he wouldn't be able to sleep for the rest of the night. There was this relieved feeling when he saw a bundle of blanket curled in the bed as he cracked the bedroom door open, Minseok always have a bed lamp on when he sleeps, and with the help of the lamp, Junmyeon could see his boyfriend was sleeping peacefully. It was a mistake, or maybe not, when he reached out his hand to brush the hair on Minseok's forehead, because the second his hand touched the soft skin, Minseok jerked away from his sleep and woke up, supporting a shocked expression on his face, before he finally realizes that it was just Junmyeon.

 

"Junmyeon?" Minseok showed a mix of confused and worried expression when he saw Junmyeon's face. He actually wasn't really sure whether if his eyes deceived him or Junmyeon was indeed looked paler than usual, "What are you doing here?" He asked as he sat on his bed.

 

Junmyeon sent an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry baby, I wake you up," He apologized, "Can I sleep here tonight?"

 

Junmyeon had this look in his face, that somehow made Minseok worried, so that he didn't even remember their small argument earlier, "Yeah, sure." Minseok agreed, even though he originally never refused an invitation to any form of cuddling anyway. "What's wrong?" He asked when he scooted over to make a room for Junmyeon in his bed.

 

"Nothing," Junmyeon answered short and pushed Minseok back to bed by his chest softly. Once they both settled under their shared blanket, Junmyeon pulled Minseok to his chest where the younger fit in perfectly as if he belonged there. Junmyeon unconsciously hugged Minseok tighter than usual, enough for Minseok to notice the change.

 

"Junmyeon..." Minseok called softly, and received a low hum as a sign that Junmyeon was paying attention, "What happened?" He tried again.

 

"Nightmare, I had a nightmare." Junmyeon finally answered, without explaining what kind of nightmare he had. He didn't explain to Minseok that he had the worst nightmare he ever had in his life, and the reason why he was there was because he had to see him and be sure that he was safe so that he could be at ease. "Go back to sleep." He said in a low whisper after kissing the top of Minseok's head.

 

Junmyeon was still not telling Minseok what nightmare he had, and Minseok didn't ask either, even when Junmyeon worriedly taking him until his front door when he was about to go to school the next morning. "Be careful, alright?" Junmyeon said for about the fifth time that morning.

 

"I will," Minseok answered with the same answer and the same assuring smile every time Junmyeon told him to be careful.

 

"And text me after you arrived at school," Junmyeon added when Minseok finished putting his shoes on.

 

Minseok turned around to face Junmyeon and cupped his face with both of his hands and pulled him for one assuring kiss, because apparently, a smile just won't calm him down, "I will, Junmyeon."

 

"Okay," Junmyeon exhaled, "See you at school," he finally said, "I love you."

 

"I love you too," Minseok replied, still genuinely happy every time Junmyeon said those words, even though Junmyeon generously said that to him everyday, "See you at school!" he waved his small hands and ran outside to meet Luhan as the apartment door clicked close behind his back.

 

==========

 

Junmyeon bit his nails as he continuously glancing at the clock hanging on top of his TV that was showing night news. The news lady was reporting news about some political issue that Junmyeon would be interested in, if only he wasn't in the middle of waiting his boyfriend who should’ve been home half an hour before. Minseok would usually be at home by eleven fifteen, since his workplace was just fifteen minutes walk, or even earlier when the café wasn’t too crowded. It was eleven forty five when Junmyeon glanced at the clock for probably the hundredth time in the last hour. He did try to call Minseok, but Minseok's phone was turned off, probably the battery dead, making him took a mental note to probably buy a new phone with longer battery life than Minseok’s old one, he definitely would do that.

 

As if life was playing a trick on him, just when he was about to turn off his TV, the news lady in the screen suddenly announced breaking news.

 

“There’s a fatal accident happened just now on xxx street in front of EXO café,”

 

Junmyeon froze on his spot when the breaking news flashing in his TV screen, EXO café was Minseok’s workplace, the exact place in his nightmare he had the night before.

 

“The witness on the scene informed that the accident involved a black car, and the only victim reported was a male high school student around eighteen years old. We also get a report that the victim was seriously injured because of the collision…”

 

Junmyeon couldn’t hear anything else as the scene of his nightmare flashing in a creepy detail in his head, his mind was blank and his whole body was shaking with the thought of his nightmare coming to reality. “Minseok, Minseok…” He chanted in a whisper, and soon he was half running and grabbed his wallet and key, the only thing in his mind was he had to find Minseok, he had to find him, alive.

 

Just when he was about to run out of his apartment, there was a click sound coming from his front door, and Junmyeon halted his step in the space between his living room and his doorstep, unconsciously holding his breath too. There was this separator separating his doorstep and the place he was on, making him could only hear the sound from his doorstep but not actually see what was behind there. Not even a minute later, a face appeared from behind the separator, a face that he saw everyday, but for some reason, he was dying to see that face in the last hour more than anything.

 

Minseok was kind of shocked to see Junmyeon there, didn’t actually expecting him to just stand there silently. After he was over with his initial shock, he flashed a tired but happy smile, because, when did he was not happy to see Junmyeon? “You scared me!” He giggled, but his smile soon replaced by a worried expression, because Junmyeon looked like he was about to cry, “Junmyeon, what’s wrong?”

 

There was a few steps separating them, and Junmyeon soon took some quick steps after dropping his key and wallet in his hand to the floor. He hauled Minseok to his arms, enveloping him with bone crushing hug and chanting Minseok’s name over and over again in a relieved manner. Was not satisfied with that, Junmyeon then released his hug to then cupped Minseok’s face in his hands to convinced himself that Minseok was not hurt anywhere and back to wrapped his arms around him protectively, “Oh God, Minseok…” He cried, “My baby…” The rollercoaster of emotion drained his ability to talk.

 

“Junmyeon, what’s wrong?” Minseok was almost crying himself. They were pretty much like little kids, where if one of them cried, the other will too.

 

Junmyeon shook his head, still not trusting himself to talk without the fear that he would mess his words up.

 

“Is it because I’m late? I’m sorry.” Minseok tried to make a sense out of Junmyeon’s behavior, he thought, maybe Junmyeon worried because he was late and his phone died, and Junmyeon had told him numerous times to text or call him if he was going to be late.

 

“It’s alright,” Junmyeon’s answer came in a whisper, “You are here now, it’s alright.”

 

“I—I went to Luhan’s place first to take this,” Minseok tried to explain why he was late and pulled away from the hug to show Junmyeon the blue paper bag he was holding in his hand, “This—this is for you.” He said with a noticeable blush tinted on his cheek for whatever reason.

 

Junmyeon stared at the paper bag confusedly before taking it to his hand and peeked inside the bag where he could see a medium sized box inside, “What is this?” He asked, as he took the box out of the bag carefully. What he saw inside the box making his eyes watering again but all his worried were replaced by an immeasurable happiness and also mix of love and gratitude towards his young lover.

 

"Happy Birthday..." Minseok said while still worried whether if Junmyeon would like what was inside the box.

 

Inside the box, was sitting a small sized cake, big enough for two people, but small enough for them to finish it easily. The cake was hand made, Junmyeon could tell by the writing on top of it, it was simple and neat, even though probably far from those fancy cakes you could buy from professional cake shop. Wrapped in white fondant, there was a blue uneven strip around the bottom of the cake, which Junmyeon guessed was supposed to be a ribbon, judging from the crooked bow shaped fondant in the middle of one side of the cake, that was all for the decoration. On the top, there was handwriting “Happy Birthday Junmyeon” written in chocolate deco pen and one imperfect heart drawn with the same deco pen, and for Junmyeon it was the most beautiful cake he had ever seen. “You made this for me?” He asked, couldn’t hide his excitement and happiness well enough. He forgot that that day was his birthday, because he mind was so occupied by his worry about Minseok, but he was so happy that he was reminded about it in the most beautiful way possible.

 

Minseok suddenly felt so shy, he couldn’t even look at Junmyeon’s face, “Y—yeah… Luhan helped me a bit, but—yeah…” He answered while squeezing his own fingers out of embarrassment, because he thought that was probably the saddest cake Junmyeon ever got. If only he knew better. “It’s—it’s ugly, I know, you know how bad I am with cakes, but—but I promise it taste o—okay…” He always stuttered when he was anxious and to be honest he hated it.

 

Junmyeon knew, Junmyeon knew so well Minseok’s ability in making cakes, that was why he felt more thankful, because Minseok worked so hard to make a cake just for him,  “It’s pretty,” he said genuinely, “I love it, thank you!”

                                                                                                                                                    

There were two things Junmyeon wished for before he blew the candle on the top of the cake, one is for their happiness and the other was for their relationship to last forever, there was nothing else that seems more important to him that time. He lifted his head up to be greeted by the sight of his boyfriend adorably chewing his bottom lip, seemed like he was hesitant about something, “What’s wrong?”

 

“I—I have—I have a present, for you,” Minseok answered, almost embarrassed and reach down to dig into his school bag and pulled out a small gift box with black and white stripes on it. He carefully placed it on top of the dining table where they were sitting facing each other and pushed it slowly towards Junmyeon after telling him, “But—It’s really—really nothing,” in a low voice.

 

“If you can’t buy him an expensive gift, then give him something that can’t be bought with money,” Yixing said before stuffing his face with a piece of meat, “Trust me, you can give him a scrap of paper and he will still love it.”

 

Junmyeon felt giddy like a teenage girl receiving a gift from her crush when he accept the box and he couldn’t even hide it, he could feel the lump in his throat when he saw what was inside the box. It was not an expensive gift by any means, but it was indeed something he would rather get than any of other things in the world and no amount of money could replace what was before his eyes that time. It was a mug, a white mug with a lot of pictures drawn on it, it was that kind of custom mug that you could buy and decorate yourself. He recognized the pictures on the mug, and it was like seeing their relationship from the start. Minseok drew two simple chibi figures that he was sure was himself and Minseok, a building that could be their apartment building or school building, whichever would still make senses, a Christmas tree as the memory of their first time spending holiday together, two small fishes, Mandoo and Suho, and other small things, cookies, sun, even some small circles that he thought must be the pills that reminded him when he was taking care of Minseok when he was sick, and the start of their relationship. Minseok also drew a lot of small hearts all over the mug.

 

Minseok was not an artist by any means, but in Junmyeon’s eyes, the thing he was holding in his hand then was just so perfect and precious, how could Minseok said it was nothing? “I love this too,” He said as he held back his happy tears, “This is the best thing that I ever received. Thank you baby,” He stood up from his chair and pulled Minseok up so that he could hug him in his arms.

 

“It’s—it’s really not that great though…” Minseok mumbled into Junmyeon’s shoulder. He couldn’t believe Junmyeon reacted that way.

 

“Minseok…” Junmyeon started, “You are the best thing that ever happened to my life, and you made that cake and that mug for me, how could you say it was nothing?” He said as he rub Minseok’s back like he always did, because Minseok always love it when he rubbed his back. “This is really the best birthday I ever have,” He pulled away to see Minseok’s face, “Thank you, for everything, for the cake, for the mug, for coming to my life. Thank you,” He then inched his face closer to add the last detail for a perfect birthday, the kiss.

 

There was this kiss that you save for special occasion, the kind of kiss that neither cute nor cheesy, but that romantic kiss that made your toes curl and sighed in delight, that was the kind of kiss they shared. Minseok always felt inferior to Junmyeon when it comes to basically everything, and he always felt like there’s nothing he could do or give to Junmyeon, but as Junmyeon pulled him even closer by the waist and pressed deeper to his lips, for once, he knew he had done something right to make the man he loved happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It was just a nightmare,” Minseok said as he let Junmyeon hugged him close, even though he felt so tired and wanted to sleep on his own pillow.

 

“I know,” Junmyeon played with Minseok’s hair, he had told him about his nightmare he had, “It’s just—I never thought about something like that. Even the thought of you being hurt is so disturbing to me, let alone--” He paused, the next word he was about to say was almost taboo for him to say, “Let alone losing you. And that time, I really though that I would lose you.” His last word came out in a whisper.

 

Minseok pushed Junymeon a little so he could look up and look him in the eye, “You are always good to me, so, I promise you that I will always take care of myself well and be careful so that you are not worried about me.” He said innocently but serious at the same time.

 

One would think that Minseok was the one who needs Junmyeon in his life, but little did they know, Junmyeon needs Minseok in his life just as much as Minseok needs him. Maybe more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNMYEON!!!

this is late, should I apologize? OTL Sorry for the title, I'm trying not to give spoiler in the title, but... ;A;

Hello to new subbies, I hope you are not making a mistake by subscribing to this collection of nonsense fluffs >_<

I proof read this already, but my brain only half working now so, if there are mistakes, I IS SORRY! Dx

as usual, comments are always welcome...