Extra 29 - Kyungsoo

Detention

a/n: I went back and fort whether or no to post this one

this one had been sitting there and looking t me wondering when will it get posted

so, i decided to just post it and get over with it

tell me whether if you seen it coming or no :D

I didn't proof read this yet btw!

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo Hyung?” Minseok was bright when he opened the door at Junmyeon’s apartment and saw who was outside, “Junmyeon didn’t tell me that you are coming.” He said as he making a way for the older male to come in.

 

“I didn’t tell him that I’m coming,” Kyungsoo said and took some steps inside the apartment, “Is he home tho?” He realized that he probably should ask that earlier, because he didn’t think he saw Junmyeon’s car, but he could be wrong, “I bought you some donuts,” He added and handed the bag in his hand to Minseok.

 

Minseok took the bag from Kyungsoo, “Thank you!” He said happily. Kyungsoo didn’t come to visit them all that often, but he always brings sweets when he came. “He’s at uni now, he’s having a study group. With Jinki hyung too… On Saturday, I know, but well, that happens… Come in hyung!” He said when he saw Kyungsoo just stood there at the door step.

 

“Oh,” Kyungsoo contemplated whether he should just go, because Junmyeon wasn’t home, “Sorry, I should’ve call if I’m about to come here.”

 

“It’s alright, come in, we can eat this together, I’ll make you some tea.” Minseok lifted the bag in his hand to his face level and invited Kyungsoo in, he felt bad if he just let Kyungsoo go after he bought him the donuts, and he was sure Junmyeon would say that it was rude if he does that. Beside, Kyungsoo was not stranger, he was the first person Junmyeon ever introduced to him, so there’s always that special status attached to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo hesitated, but, “Alright then,” He said. He only planned to stay for a cup of tea and then leave. At least that was the plan.

 

Other than the fact that Kyungsoo was the first person Junmyeon ever introduced to Minseok, Kyungsoo was also the one person that Junmyeon would trust to take care of Minseok if he had to. Sure, Kyungsoo was a doctor, he would come to check on Minseok when Minseok was sick, and that was quite often. There was this one time Junmyeon called him at three in the morning because Minseok was having a really high fever, and he drove there right away, only grabbing any jacket he saw and his bag. But other than Kyungsoo’s medical skill, Junmyeon also thought that he was the one who understand Minseok the most. Over the time, Kyungsoo had gain a lot of knowledge about Minseok, what he liked, what he hated, down to the specifics such as his favorite blueberry cheese cake, his favorite flavors of macaroons, his favorite coffee, et cetera. It was because Junmyeon talked about Minseok a lot, and he saw what Junmyeon would buy for Minseok after they hung out. Well, at least that was what they thought.

 

A cup of tea grew to two, one donut became two, and when they realized it, they were eating chinese take outs for lunch. They talked for a couple hours when Minseok’s stomach started to growl. Kyungsoo offered to buy him lunch, but Minseok denied and told him that Junmyeon had left him some money to buy food. So there they were, continued talking over the lunch.

 

“When will he come home?” Kyungsoo asked lightly s he moved a piece of tofu to his bowl.

 

Minseok swallowed his food before answering, “I’m not sure, he only told me it will took few hours.” He didn’t really like it when Junmyeon had a study group session, because it would took hours, and Junmyeon wouldn’t be able to have any call or even replying texts. But that day, it wasn’t bad, he had a company.

 

“Leave it, I’ll do the dishes,” Kyungsoo said when Minseok started to clean the table.

 

“No, you’re a guest, you shouldn’t do it,” Minseok tried to stop Kyungsoo from doing what he was doing.

 

“You paid for the food already,” Kyungsoo argued, “And really? You still think of me s a guest?” He faked an offended expression.

 

“But you bought me donuts, and beside, it was Junmyeon’s money,” Minseok didn’t give up.

 

“But we ate them together anyway. Come on now, it’s just a couple of bowls and cups,” Kyungsoo also didn’t give up.

 

Minseok sighed, he was actually felt bad, but Kyungsoo just kept insisting, “Alright…” He finally gave up, “I’ll… I’ll watch TV then…”

 

It didn’t took long for Kyungsoo to finish washing the dishes, not even ten minutes, but when he was about to join Minseok in front of the TV, he found the younger had fallen asleep on the couch. He then took soft quite steps towards the sleeping boy. It made him felt creepy, but when he was close enough, he just stopped there, watching Minseok’s sleeping face. Minseok was pretty, he had admitted it a long time before, but he always worded it differently in front of Junmyeon, calling him adorable and cute, instead of honestly saying that Minseok was beautiful and pretty. There was this feeling inside his chest, he knew what it was, but he also knew he shouldn’t feel that way towards his best friend’s boyfriend.

 

It was almost inevitable for Kyungsoo to have a certain feeling towards Minseok. Even when the first time Junmyeon introduced them, he already had this interest towards him. He deluded himself to think that it was because Minseok was not like any other people he had ever met, and even when he tried his best to get close to Minseok, he told himself that it was because Minseok was Junmyeon’s boyfriend, and Junmyeon was in fact, his best friend. When Junmyeon talked about Minseok, or when Minseok talked about Junmyeon like what he did when they were having a lunch just then, he convinced himself that it was their relationship that he was jealous of, not Junmyeon. Not even once he admitted to himself what he already knew, he tried his best not to feed the feeling.

 

But that time, it was almost like he had a chance, no matter how stupid that sounds like. It was not like he wanted to do something inappropriate, no, he would never do that to anyone, but he felt like he was free to admire Minseok without worrying about what other people would say, even though that was kind of inappropriate in a way. Just once, he thought, just once and he’ll over with it, a part of him thought as he reached out his hand to touch Minseok’s face. No, the other part of him said, once you do it, there was no turning back, stop, it’s not too late yet. As he was debating with himself, his hand was also getting closer and closer to Minseok’s face. He was a couple of inches away from doing something he would regret when he heard the front door opening, and he pulled his hands faster than lightening, and too a couple steps back.

 

“I’m home!” Junmyeon greeted, not knowing that he just prevented a disaster from happening.

 

“Sshhhh…” Kyungsoo put his fingers over his lips, “He just fell asleep,” He whispered.

 

Junmyeon suddenly stopped making any other sound when he saw Kyungsoo’s gesture and saw his baby was sleeping on the couch. He walked soundlessly towards the sleeping boy and lowered himself to kiss the boy’s temple lightly so that he didn’t disturb his nap, all while Kyungsoo was watching few steps way. Satisfied that he didn’t wake Minseok up, he then gestured Kyungsoo to go to the kitchen area, so that they could talk without being too noisy.

 

“I saw your car,” Junmyeon said as he opened the fridge’s door to get himself some cold water, “How long have you been here?” He asked.

 

Kyungsoo leaned his waist on the kitchen counter, “Long enough, we had a really great bonding time and even had lunch together.”

 

Junmyeon chuckled , “Thanks for accompanying him, I actually feel bad leaving him alone,”  He said and put down his glass on top of the kitchen counter, not far from where Kyungsoo was leaning his waist, “I hope he didn’t cause you much trouble.”

 

“What trouble?” Kyungso asked incredulously, “He’s very sweet, and no need to thank me, it’s not like I planned to do it. I just wanted to visit and turned out you weren’t home.”

 

“But still,” Junmyeon sighed, “I can’t be thankful enough that you all are very nice towards him.” He said, referring to Kyungsoo and also his other friends in their small circle.

 

Kyungsoo’s heart clenched in his chest, that was how much Junmyeon trusted him and felt thankful towards him, and he was just this close to ruin everything. “Why wouldn’t we? He’s adorable and very pleasant to be around with.” He was trying to take it lightly. “I have to go now, actually.” He added before Junmyeon could say anything else.

 

“Really?” Junmyeon felt regretful.

 

“Yeah, I have a shift in few hours, I want to take a nap before that.” Kyungsoo reasoned. He was indeed had to go to the hospital in few hours, but mostly, he knew that he had to leave. He couldn’t stay there longer, at least not that day.

 

==========

 

Once he sat behind the wheel in his car, Kyungsoo heaved a heavy sigh. He looked up to where Junmyeon’s apartment door was. It was not too late, he thought to himself. It was not too late yet to retrieve his feeling, if that was possible, at least. But he knew, he just knew, that he was in no place to have that feeling, and there was no way he would do anything to ruin Junmyeon’s and Minseok’s happiness. So he drove away, leaving a piece of his heart there. Minseok would always be special, he knew that for sure, but he told himself that there were a lot of ways to love him, in  way that wouldn’t hurt anyone. And he prayed for the best, not only for himself, but also for Junmyeon and Minseok.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Ha! Am I too mean? T_T