Extra 5 - Jealous?

Detention

 

a/n1: The title is deceiving, I swear!

a/n2: This is fluffy and cheesy XiuHo, what else is new? *roll eyes*

a/n3: I'm not a writer whatsoever, I just hope that it'll help anyone feel better, even if just one person, even if just slightly :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What do you want to drink?”

 

Junmyeon asked Minseok once they arrived at the Café near Junmyeon’s university after they went on a grocery shopping, the one that sells Minseok’s favorite blueberry cheesecake. That weekend, they wanted to walk around, just so they could get out from their apartment. But they still need to be careful, so Junmyeon decided to drive further from their area so that they could lessen the risk of bumped onto someone from school.

 

Minseok’s eyes scanned through the beverages menu on the wall, considering all kind of smoothies, juices, tea and coffee before decided on one drink, “Ice mint cappuccino!”

 

Minseok always loves coffee, he loves drinking it, he loves the smell of it, and he also loves making them. Even though he never really talked about it, but Junmyeon knew that Minseok always wanted to be a barista and owning his own coffee shop. And Junmyeon promised to himself that they would help him to reach his dream no matter how long it would take, they have forever anyway.

 

Junmyeon smiled to a boy behind the counter before making his order, “One strawberry smoothie, one ice mint cappuccino and one blueberry cheesecake for him please!”

 

Minseok whipped his head towards Junmyeon in a questioning manner, “But I didn’t ask for one.”

 

Junmyeon gave him a funny smile, “You’ve been eyeing those cakes since we stepped in here.”

 

Minseok averted his gaze away in embarrassment.

 

“Hey!” Junmyeon chuckled, sometime he wondered if Minseok knew how cute he was, “It’s okay if you asked me to buy you things, beside, it’s just a cake.”

 

The younger apparently still not used to all the attention Junmyeon showered him with. It’s a good thing that Minseok wasn’t spoiled, but if he couldn’t ask for something as simple as a cake, it reminded Junmyeon about how Minseok had lived for eighteen years feeling as if no one loved him, and it was sad.

 

“It would be 13.000 won.” The boy behind the counter said and Junmyeon handed him his card.

 

“Junmyeon?”

 

A deep voice startled both Junmyeon and Minseok. When they turned their heads to see the owner of the voice, they were greeted with a tall male with a pair of eyes that were abnormally big and ears that were just as big.

 

Minseok’s eyes doubled in size as he scanned the male from head to toe and felt intimidated right away. Not only the male was at least twice taller than him, but this person was also really handsome and look ‘expensive’, making him felt really small.

 

“Chanyeol? Hey!” Junmyeon seemed pleasantly surprised.

 

Maybe they were old friends, Minseok thought. But wow, Junmyeon’s friends must be all rich.

 

“Long time no see! How are you?” Chanyeol asked as he shook Junmyeon’s hand.

 

“Good! I’m good. You?”

 

“I’m good too. Who’s this?” Chanyeol smiled at Minseok, but the shorter male was too nervous to smile back.

 

Junmyeon pulled Minseok closer by the waist, “This is Minseok, my boyfriend,” he cheerfully introduced them, “Minseok, this is Chanyeol, Chanyeol, this is Minseok!”

 

“Nice to meet you!” Chanyeol offered a hand as a friendly gesture.

 

Oh wow! Even his hand is intimidating.

 

While Chanyeol was waiting for his order, they were sitting by a table for four. Junmyeon and Chanyeol talked about some things Minseok didn’t understand, maybe about their old friends and whatnot.

 

Minseok was just stay quite the whole time, sometimes offering a small smile and small nods here and there. He felt quite uncomfortable, even though he shouldn’t have to, because Junmyeon kept their hands linked under the table and rubbing his forefinger with his thumb, making sure that he didn’t feel left out. He should be grateful, because Junmyeon was so considerate and always know what he needed, and he was, he was so grateful to have him. But that time he was just so uncomfortable, somehow, he was reminded of how different he and Junmyeon was.

 

“Are you two school mates?” Minseok asked later after Chanyeol bid his goodbye.

 

“Yeah, we met on college,” Junmyeon answered, earning a small nod from the younger. “We dated for about six months actually, but it just didn’t work out.” He continued.

 

Minseok felt like his blood stopped circulating at Junmyeon’s word.

 

So Chanyeol was Junmyeon’s ex?

 

“Oh.” Was the only respond Minseok managed to gave, and then he continued to stay quite all the way home.

 

Once they arrived at his apartment, Minseok went straight to the kitchen to grab a glass of cold water.

 

Everything didn’t went unnoticed by Junmyeon, he was fully aware of Minseok’s behavior. He was sure that they weren’t on a fight, but somehow it felt like they were. At first, he thought that Minseok was only quite around Chanyeol because they just met, but apparently, that wasn’t the case.

 

Junmyeon was about to hug him from behind when Minseok tried to avoided it and spun around, accidentally dropping the glass in his hand. The sound of shattered glass was followed by a thick silence and two boys standing in the middle of the kitchen equally shocked and not knowing what to do or say.

 

To say that Junmyeon was shocked with Minseok’s reaction was an understatement. He didn’t know what he did wrong, but something was definitely wrong, if not, Minseok wouldn’t react that way. Minseok liked to be touched, means that he loves being hugged, he loves holding hands, he loves it when Junmyeon playing with his hair or fingers.

 

“I’m sorry.” Minseok mumbled as he crouched down to start cleaning the mess he caused.

 

Junmyeon who was just recovered from the shock quickly followed him to crouch down and grabbed his hand, “No, leave it!” he said. But it was a second too late because a piece of glass already cut Minseok’s finger open, making the younger hissed in pain.

 

Seeing blood dripping from his boyfriend’s finger, Junmyeon pulled him up and put Minseok’s finger under the running water from the kitchen. “Wait here!” He said when he shut the tap and ran to the bathroom where Minseok kept his first aid box.

 

Junmyeon cleaned the cut and wrapped it with a band aid in silence, while Minseok had his back pressed to the kitchen counter. “You need to be more careful.” He said when he finished wrapping Minseok’s finger with a yellow band aid with bunny pictures on it, such a cheerful band aid in contrast with the current mood between them.

 

Minseok nodded weakly, “I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s all right, you don’t need to apologize.” Junmyeon cupped Minseok’s cheek and tilted his face up, forcing him to make an eye contact, “What’s wrong?” He asked softly.

 

Minseok starring into Junmyeon’s eyes for some long seconds before moving forward to hug him as his unique gesture saying that he didn’t want to talk about it. But Junmyeon was not having any of that as he grabbed Minseok’s arms before they managed to circle his neck. “No!” He said firmly and put Minseok’s arm on each of his side. “We need to talk about it. What’s wrong? What did I do wrong?” He asked, not breaking the eye contact.

 

“It’s nothing.” Minseok squirmed in Junmyeon’s hold.

 

“It’s not ‘nothing’ if you reacted that way. Now tell me what’s wrong. I’m not giving you a choice.”

 

Minseok bit his lower lip, as he hesitated.

 

“Is it because of Chanyeol?” Junmyeon made a blind guess, because he couldn’t think of anything else.

 

Minseok shot him with a shocked look, like a cat caught stealing food.

 

OH.

 

“it is.” Junmyeon mumbled even before Minseok said anything. “What is it? What’s with Chanyeol?”

 

“It’s just,” Minseok sighed in defeat, knowing fully that Junmyeon wouldn’t let him go before he got the answer. “Seeing him,” he continued, “It makes me realize how – how different we are. How you deserve someone better, a lot better than me. That you really don’t have to stuck with someone with a life as ed up as mine, And I - ”

 

And Junmyeon kissed him, silencing him with his own lips.

 

They kissed slow and steady, there were so many things they wanted to say to each other, but words didn’t seems to work much that time. Through the kiss,Junmyeon wanted to comfort Minseok, and speak his apology for not being good enough at convincing him how much he meant for him. Minseok wanted to tell Junmyeon that he felt not good enough and how hopeless he felt every time he realized that. But nothing speaks louder than their feelings towards each other.

 

Minseok’s insecurities might seems funny and absurd for some people, but the boy living his whole life believing that no one wanted him, no one loved him and he didn’t deserve to be loved and being happy. So when Junymeon came and showering him with all the love and attention worth more than what he got in 18 years combined, it felt so unreal for him, to the point that some mornings he woke up and afraid that everything was just a dream.

 

When they eventually had to separated from the kiss, Junmyeon pulled Minseok into a hug, circling his arms around Minseok’s waist and letting him burying his face on to his shoulder.

 

“Baby,” Junmyeon whispered and kissed the side of Minseok’s neck, “My baby,” he said again and tightened his arms around his boyfriend’s waist. “What did I do wrong? Where did I do wrong? What should I do to make you believe how much I love you?”

 

Minseok let out a small sniffle, grabbing the back of Junmyeon’s shirt as he let a drop of tears slipped through the corner of his eyes. “It’s not your fault… It’s me…” He answered weakly. “I’m the one who don’t deserve all of this.”

 

Junmyeon broke the hug, “Look at me!” He demanded. “You didn’t do anything wrong. Nothing was your fault. Everything happened to you in your life was not your fault. So stop seeing yourself so low, because you deserve all the happiness in this world, and I’ll do anything to give it to you. Because you deserve it!”

 

Tears were threatening to fall from Minseok’s eyes when Junmyeon finished his speech.  “What if someday you realized that I’m not worth it?”

 

“Enough! Stop it!” Junmyeon snapped, making the younger shrunk in his arms. He was shocked at his own voice and felt guilty for being too harsh, but Minseok’s insecurities frustrate him to no end. He kissed Minseok’s forehead as an apology before continued with a lot softer tone, “I’m old enough to know and understand about what I feel. If I wanted to leave you, I would’ve left a long time ago, maybe even before I started all of this. And if you love me as much as I love you, then that’s all that matters, I don’t care about anything else.”

 

Minseok let out a chocked sob, “I’m sorry…”

 

“Stop saying sorry,” Junmyeon pleaded and cupped Minseok’s cheek, thumb brushing the tears that were almost dry. He sighed and smiled at his boyfriend, “Why are you so stubborn? Really!”

 

Minseok chuckled, “Too late to realize that, aren’t you?”

 

And Junmyeon just gave him a big sloppy kiss to his cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n4: It's not that great, but I'm still stubbornly posting this, so....... comment if you want ^-^;