Chapter 8

The listener

 

“Guys I found something!” yelled Cap and entered  L.Joe’s and Niel’s room.

“You did?” Niel stood up and approached him.

“Yeah just one little problem” he bit his lip.

“What is it? What’s going on?” asked L.Joe clueless. He didn’t know that the two of them went through Eric’s computer.

“Well we… copied everything that was on Eric’s laptop” explained Cap.

“Really?” smirked L.Joe. “That’s awesome, what did you find?”

“Only one folder named ‘The Listener’ but there’s a password and we can’t open it” sighed Cap.

“Aish” L.Joe rolled his eyes.

“Let’s just try and guess the password” suggested Niel.

“Seriously? You think that’ll work?” Cap raised his brow.

“Hyung let’s just try” said L.Joe and took Cap’s laptop. They sat down and opened the folder. “Hm… what can his password be…?”

“Try his name” said Niel.

“Okay… Eric” wrote L.Joe. “Nope it’s not that”

“Try… math teacher or something stupid like that” said Cap.

L.Joe started writing that. “No, not that either…”

“Try your name” suddenly Niel suggested.

“Why my name?” L.Joe freaked out.

“He had a picture of you and the folder’s name is ‘The listener’ and that’s basically you…” explained Niel.

L.Joe looked at him with a what-the-hell look. “Nerd” he said and chuckled before trying his name.

“Lee Byunghun, aish nope it’s not my name” he sighed.

They tried a couple of more passwords but they couldn’t find the right one. At the end they gave up. L.Joe turned off the laptop and stood up.

“I’m going out” he said and left the room. This stupid professor. What does he want? he shouted in his head.

“Hm where should I go? Somewhere quiet” he said at loud. “The library” he smiled and went there. There were some students, studying. L.Joe took out a random book and sat down far away from the other students. Even thought basically the library was his loudest place, because of the people reading he finds it very quiet. Every time L.Joe reads his powers go away and it’s like he’s alone. Reading- that’s the only way he relaxes.

“Hey” said someone from behind him. That got his attention and he turned around to see …

“Chunji? What are you doing here?” asked L.Joe and rasied his brow.

“Nothing” sighed Chunji and sat next to him.

“Oh okay” replied L.Joe coldly and got back to his book.

Aish why does no one likes me? thought Chunji.

“…You okay?” suddenly L.joe asked. Surprisingly for the first time he got worried about Chunji.

“Yeah I’m fine” replied Chunji and stood up. “um sorry for disturbing you, bye”

“Wait” L.joe grabbed his hand. Chunji looked at him puzzled. “Actually this book is really boring. Wanna hang out?”

Chunji’s eyes widened. “You serious?” he chuckled.

“Y-yeah why not” nodded L.Joe. He’s not that bad

“Okay” smiled Chunji.

“Me and Cap hyung are going at the pool today, you wanna come?” asked L.Joe

“…Yeah” said shyly Chunji. “Is Jolie- oh I mean Niel going too?” smiled Chunji.

“I guess…”

“Oh great”

Later the four of them went at the pool. Niel’s and Cap’s reactions weren’t that well when they found out that Chunji was going with them too of course. But L.Joe somehow convinced them.

~~

It was an open pool. There were a lot of other people there too.

“Can you dive on your head?” asked Chunji as he removed his shirt.

“No, can you?” L.Joe looked at him.

“Yeah, you want me to teach you?” smiled Chunji.

“Sure”

Why is he being so nice all of a sudden? thought Niel and rolled his eyes. He removed his shorts and shirt and sat down on a chair where their stuff were.

“Niel you’re coming?” asked L.joe and turned around. Wow he started to stare at Niel.

“Hyung what are you staring at?” Niel covered himself with a towel.

“Ah um it’s not like that” L.Joe started to panic. “Aish…” he sighed and went with Chunji to swim.

L.Joe likes my Jolie? smirked Chunji and chuckled.  

L.joe heard that and wanted to yell that he doesn’t like Niel but managed not to. Wait…his Jolie? Pff we’ll see. Woo what am I thinking

“Did I miss anything?” asked Cap as he sat down next to Niel.

“Not really” sighed Niel and looked at Cap. “WOW HYUNG!” yelled Niel and stared at Cap’s abs. “oh my god” Niel covered his face embarrassed and ran into the water with L.Joe and Chunji. Cap just chuckled and soon he went to swim.

“hey Niel I have abs too you know” said L.joe.

“yeah right” Niel laughed and swam towards Cap.

What the hell? I thought he likes me? L.Joe 's jaw dropped.

“Yah L.Joe let’s go” Chunji pulled him out of the pool.

“What not?” asked L.Joe puzzled.

“I thought I’ll be teaching you how to dive on your head” said Chunji.

“Oh right” chuckled L.Joe.

Chunji explained to him and showed him. After some failed tries he managed to learn somehow. Cap and Niel clapped at him when he managed to dive like that.

“Good job” chuckled Chunji.

“Thanks” smiled L.Joe and stood next to him in the pool. Cap and Niel were talking across of them. L.Joe was glaring at the them the whole time.

Seriously Niel? Stop playing with my head when you still like Cap sighed L.Joe.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

“You okay?” asked Chunji, extremely close to his face.

“Yeah I’m fine” smiled L.joe , not moving even an inch.

Aish this Chunji! Get away from him thought Niel.

Oh so he’s already watching chuckled L.Joe.

“What’s so funny?” Chunji titled his head.

“Nothing” smiled L.Joe and swam towards Niel. “Let’s go” he picked him up in the water and dived him in.

“YAH” yelled Niel mad. “Why did you do that for?”

“Just having little fun, that’s all” chuckled L.Joe.

After playing in the water it was already time to get back to their dorm. They got dressed and headed back. Cap and Chunji went in their room while L.joe and Niel went in their.

"Hey hyung, is your power back?" asked Niel and lied down on the bed tired.

What should i say? If i say yes he'll know that i know his secret... aish "No" sighed L.Joe and sat on the chair. He noticed Cap’s laptop on the table. He thought about that file ‘The listener’ and the laptop. L.Joe tried some other passwords but none of them worked. Now he even started writing random words and names and pressing ‘Enter’.

“I miss my dad” he mumbled and wrote his name.  Lee Junghyuk

L.Joe pressed enter and closed his eyes cause he was too tired. Suddenly the laptop made some noise causing L.joe and Niel to open their eyes. L.Joe’s eyes widened.

“Yah Niel! The folder! It opened” he yelled. Niel quickly stood up and sat next to him. “what the hell?”

They saw pictures and files about everyone L.Joe knows. There were a lot of pictures from L.Joe, Niel, Cap, even Chunji.

“W-what is t-this?” Niel’s voice cracked.

“I don’t …know”

“Hyung… I’m scared”

“Hey!” L.joe looked at him. “Remember what you said to me? To trust my dad. Now you do the same thing” L.joe hugged Niel.

“O-okay” nodded Niel.

“Wait who’s that?” asked L.Joe and opened a picture of two boys.

“…Changjo and Ricky?” Niel raised his brow.