Chapter 9

The listener

 

“Changjo and Ricky?” Niel raised his brow. “Who are they hyung? You know them?” asked Niel.

“No… I’ve never seen them” sighed L.Joe.

“Then why are they in this folder?”

“I don’t know Niel, maybe I’m not the only listener” L.joe sighed again and stood up.

“What are you going to do hyung?” Niel asked worriedly. “I-I’m really scared…” he said quietly.

“I guess I’ll just wait” he lied down on his bed and closed his eyes.

Niel bit his bottom lip and turned off Cap’s laptop before going to bed as well.

Just wait? I can’t believe this. Why me? I didn’t do anything. This is freaking me out thought Niel.

“Yah Niel” suddenly L.Joe called.

“Y-yeah?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll… protect you” he said and faced the wall. L.joe started to blush at his own words. Well he wasn’t the only one blushing. Niel quickly faced the other way and closed his eyes.

“Thank you hyung” said Niel quietly. Soon they both fell asleep.

~~

There was a knock on the door. But no reply. The people who were knocking knew that someone was in the house. Another knock, but no reply. The guy with glasses looked at the other guy. The other one nodded his head, signaling to break down the door. That’s what happened. The family inside heard that. The two kids started to scream and cry when they saw three men dressed in black with guns approaching them.

“That’s them! Take them” commanded one of the three men. The other two went to take the boys but something got in their way.

“Mom!” the two boys cried.

“You won’t get them!” said their mother. She was standing in front of them and glaring at the three men.

“Move away” said the guy with the glasses and hit their mother. The boys started to cry even harder. But she didn’t give up. Their mother stood up again and went in front of her kids. The man with the glasses looked at her annoyed and then at his boss. Only with a look, asking what should he do.

“Get rid of her” he commanded.

In only one second the two guys got out their guns and started shooting at her. She fell down, covered in blood. The two boys gasped and ran towards their mother.

“Mom no! Don’t go now~” they cried.

“He was right… they came” said their mother but the boys didn’t understand anything. “Stay strong… he’ll save you” were her last words.

The three men grabbed the two boys and dragged them out of the house and in a van. Now the clean house of that happy family was all covered in blood of their mother.

“Why did they do that? No, are they after me now?” L.Joe cried in his dream. Even Niel heard him and woke up. He saw his roommate crying and quickly ran to him.

“L.Joe hyung! Wake up” he shook him. It worked. L.Joe woke up shocked.

“N-Niel… what happened?” he looked around, seeing that he was in his own room.

“You had a bad dream hyung” said Niel.

“Oh… it was so real” he cried again and hugged Niel. “W-will you sleep in m-my bed tonight?” suddenly L.Joe asked.

“Sure” blushed Niel. They broke their hug and lied down on L.Joe’s bed. Niel wrapped his arms around him and fell asleep. On the other hand ,L.Joe couldn’t sleep. He kept thinking about that weird dream he had.

Why couldn’t I see her face? Why were the two boys from the picture in my dream now? Thought L.Joe. Dad… what did that dream meant? He sighed before closing his eyes.

Think

Was the only answer he got from his father when he fell asleep.

~~

Morning came quickly. Niel was the first one to wake up. The first thing he saw was L.Joe's sleeping face. He smiled before getting up.

He’s so cute

Right after he thought that L.Joe woke up. “Good morning” he said.

“Good morning” smiled Niel and went in the bathroom to wash up.

L.Joe looked at the clock and it was 6 am. Their classes will start soon.

After both of them got ready for school they left. On their first class they had to read their essay they wrote. The students had to write about their Idol. Writing the essay was easy for L.Joe. There was only one problem when he got to class. The math teacher, Eric was there at their class along with the other teacher. He was  going through all the classes to see how the students work. That was some new program that the school had now. L.Joe sighed when he saw him and sat down at his seat. He got out his essay and waiting for the professor to call him.

“My idol is G-Dragon…”

“My idol is Kim Heechul…”

Every student had a different idol, but yet the same. Now finally it was L.Joe's turn to read.

“Idols… I have a lot of idols. Half of you already named them, but my number one idol is my dad Lee Junghyuk.” Started L.Joe. Eric wasn’t even listening to the students until L.Joe said that name. Lee Junghyuk smirked Eric and kept his attention to L.joe.

“Even though he’s not with me anymore, even though he left me long time ago, I still want to find my dad. I want him back in my life so badly. He missed my whole childhood. I know I’m suppose to talk about my real idol. Like some singer, actor or even dancer. But there are a lot of entertainers in the world and there’s only one father. Dad, I miss you” L.joe stopped talking and looked at the professor, waiting for her opinion.

“That was… it was great Byunghun” smiled the professor.

“Thank you” he bowed before sitting down.

“I’ll be going now” said Eric and stood up. “Thank you for your time students” he smiled and left the classroom.

You think was a good idea reading about your father, in front of him?  thought Niel.

“I don’t care, I need his attention! I need to know what he wants from me” L.joe whispered to Niel.

After their classes the two of them went back at their dorm. They haven’t seen Cap and Chunji whole they. I guess they’ve become friends now, which is weird. Niel and L.Joe spent their day together too.

“Hey hyung”

“What?” L.joe looked at him.

Aish should I ask him? Niel bit his lip.

“What is it? Is something wrong?” asked L.Joe worriedly.

“N-no it’s just… can I ask you something?” smiled Niel.

“Sure” nodded L.Joe.

“This is going to sound stupid but… if I wasn’t your roommate and that other roommate fell in love with you… what will you do? You know you can read minds… and of course you’ll know about it…” Niel looked down already embarrassed from his question.

“Well it depends…” started L.Joe. “If that roommate is you then-“

“Yo Yo! Haven’t seen you guys whole day!” Cap walked in with Chunji. Niel and L.Joe looked at him annoyed. “Okay… why is there awkwardness around you every time I enter this room?” sighed Cap.