Chapter 7

The listener

 

Byunghun… don’t worry

Huh? About what?

It’ll come back again

What?

Relax and you’ll have it again

“Dad what are you talking about?” L.joe woke up.

“Who are you talking to?” Niel looked at him confused.

“Um nothing…” L.Joe scratched the back of his neck. Something is weird  he thought and looked around the room. It was silent for a while. Niel was reading a book on his bed and L.Joe was staring at him. “How come you’re reading a book and it’s still quiet...?” asked L.joe.

“Cause I’m not reading at loud” said Niel without removing his eyes from the book.

“But you’re not thinking anything either… “ L.joe furrowed his eyebrows. Suddenly he remembered what his father told him. “Oh my god” he gasped. “Niel quickly think something!” he yelled and jumped on Niel’s bed. Their faces were only inches away and it became uncomfortable for Niel. L.Joe had a worried look on his face.

You’re annoying thought Niel.

“Come on! Hurry up” L.Joe shook him by his shoulders.

“I already thought of something”

“No you didn’t … I didn’t hear anything” gasped L.Joe.

“What do you mean?” Niel got worried. L.joe stood up and placed his hand on his head. “I can’t hear your thoughts” he started to cry.

“H-hyung… don’t cry” said Niel not knowing what to do.

“He said to relax but how can I? Knowing that I’ll be dead soon” L.joe cried.

“Don’t say that” Niel suddenly hugged him. L.joe froze but slowly wrapped his hands around Niel. “Nothing is going to happen to you. Who knows what that stupid teacher is up to. Your dad is here, right?” Niel tried to calm him down.

“…Yes” mumbled L.joe and nodded his head.

“Don’t worry” they continued hugging when suddenly the door opened. Cap came in with a what-the-hell look.

“What happened here?” he started to laugh.

Niel and L.Joe broke their hug and looked at him.

“Wow why so serious?” Cap stopped laughing. L.Joe looked away and sat on his bed.

“L.Joe hyung… lost his… um power” said Niel quietly. Cap gasped and sat next to L.Joe.

“I’m sorry…” he hugged him. “ But how did it happened?” he asked L.Joe.

“Dad told me… he said to relax and it’ll come again” L.joe started to cry. “My whole life I wanted to be normal …just like other kids and now… I miss it. It was a part of me. I can’t believe I’m saying this but… I want it back” L.joe hugged Cap.

“It’ll come back! Trust your dad”

“Y-yeah…” L.Joe calmed down a little.

“Stay here, I’ll go get something for you to eat” Cap stood up. “Niel come with me” he looked at Niel and left the room. Niel followed him. They went in Cap’s room. Chunji was there.

“Take a walk” Cap said coldly to Chunji.

“Aw want some time alone with Jolie? Okay” smirked Chunji.

“Just get lost Chunji! Can’t you see you’re ing annoying?” yelled Cap.

“Sorry… I was just kidding” Chunji looked down upset and left the room.

“… You think he’ll be fine?” Niel looked worried.

“I don’t care about him” Cap rolled his eyes. “What do you think happened to L.Joe?”

“I don’t know…”

“Since that stupid professor came weird things started happening” sighed Cap. “We need to do something cause he’s in no state to do anything”

“Yeah but what? We already saw his file. It’s empty…” said Niel.

“Yeah but there’s one more place we haven’t checked” smirked Cap. “Where do you keep your secrets?”

“…My mind?” answered Niel.

“No” Cap rolled his eyes at Niel’s answer.

“My computer” said Niel.

“Bingo!” smiled Cap. “Brace yourself Niel cause we’re going after his computer”

“What? No way~” whined Niel.

“Come on! It’s for L.Joe”

“When you put it that way… okay” sighed Niel.

“Let’s go” they left Cap’s room and went to find Eric. He was in the teachers’ office. The two boys went there and saw him working something on his laptop.

“Distract him with something” Cap said to Niel. Niel went over at the professor and somehow got him out of the office. They were lucky that there weren’t any other teachers at that time. Eric left his laptop open. Cap quickly moved every file on his USB and left the office. He didn’t have time to see the files. After that he found Niel. Cap went in his room to check the USB and Niel went in his room to check on L.Joe. When he entered the room L.Joe was sleeping on his bed. Niel lied down on his bed and sighed.

Thank god he can’t hear my thoughts now cause he’s slowly replacing Cap hyung thought Niel and closed his eyes. What am I going to do?

“What?” L.Joe woke up shocked.

“What’s wrong?” Niel jumped worried.

“N-nothing I …I h-had a dream” blushed L.Joe. Yeah right, Sorry Niel I heard everything.

“Guys I found something” yelled Cap and entered their room with his laptop. “Wow… why when I always walk in there’s an awkward atmosphere here?”