Chapter 17

The listener

 

After talking to Changjo and Ricky, L.joe headed back to his and Niel’s room. He was hoping that Niel would be awake so they can do something together, but…

“Huh? Where did he go?” L.joe asked himself as he looked around the room. “Niel!” he yelled, waiting for an answer.

“I’m in the bathroom” yelled Niel back. L.Joe sighed in relief and sat down on his bed.

Couple of minutes later Niel came out.

“Why were you yelling?” asked Niel. L.Joe didn’t answer the question. He was too ‘busy’ staring at Niel. He had only a towel wrapped around his waist. Water was still dripping from his hair.

“Ah, I forgot my clothes here” Niel quickly took his clothes from his bed and went back in the bathroom. He came out dressed and his hair dried. Niel sat across from L.Joe, on his bed. He looked at him.

“Are you going to talk… or something?” Niel raised his brow.

“Oh hah yea” L.Joe laughed awkwardly.

Niel smiled and stood up. He grabbed his backpack.

“I’ll go…um out” he said.

“Wait!” L.Joe stopped him. Niel turned around and looked at him. “That’s what I wanted to ask you…where are you going every morning?”  asked L.Joe.

“You really want to know?” sighed Niel.

“Um yes”

“I’m going at this… studio” mumbled Niel.

“Dance studio?”

“No, music studio”

“Cool” smiled L.Joe. “Bu why? And why are you keeping it from me?” pouted L.Joe.

“I’m… writing this song, ah it’s embarrassing”

“You can write a song? Oh I wanna hear” L.joe stood up.

“What?” Niel got surprised. “You can’t” he shook his head nervously.

“Why not?” whined L.Joe. “I can help you! I want to go with you! I can play a lot of instruments” he smiled.

“Ah fine, but just don’t laugh! The song is really~ lame” sighed Niel and they left.

Soon they were at the studio that Niel was talking about.

“Wow, this is huge” said L.Joe while looking around the studio.

“Yeah, so which instruments can you play?” asked Niel.

“I can play violin and piano, and a little guitar! I’m still learning that” he said shyly.

“Guitar? That’s great! My music teacher already wrote the chords for the song, so just grab that guitar over there” Niel pointed at the black acoustic guitar in the corner. L.Joe took the guitar and sat on a stool. Niel gave him the chords and L.Joe started playing. Niel was writing something down, I guess he was finishing the song when suddenly L.joe’s string ripped off.  Niel jumped a little from the sudden sound and looked at L.Joe.

“Don’t worry, I can still play without that one” he laughed and continued playing. “Damn!” another string got ripped. L.Joe bit his bottom lip and looked at Niel. “Well…now I can’t play anymore” his face became red out of embarrassment. Niel chuckled and stood up.

“I’ll go find some strings, you stay here” he smiled and left the studio. L.Joe nodded and placed the guitar down. He got up and went over the table where Niel was seconds ago. A lot of papers were all around the table.

Hm is this the song? L.joe smiled and took one of the papers in his hand. He read the text.

 

Dream, this is not a dream, is it?

I feel like I own this whole world

If time stops right now

I wonder how great it will be

 

Even if time passes, or even if everything changes

I promise, I’ll be on your side

 

L.Joe was now smiling ,while reading the lyrics to Niel’s song. Suddenly the door opened.

“What are you doing?” asked Niel.

“I… I’m sorry” sighed L.Joe.

“It’s fine” Niel shook his head.

“I like your song” said L.Joe.

“Seriously?” Niel raised his brow.

“Yes” replied L.Joe and came closer. Niel took some steps back, until his back hit the wall. L.Joe placed his hands next to Niel’s face, corning him. Niel gulped and tried to escape from L.Joe but failed.

L.Joe grabbed him by his chin and kissed him lightly. The innocent kiss became more deep and they somehow almost drop the guitar who was hanging on the wall, next to Niel. L.Joe broke the kiss to get hold of the guitar, which was about to fall down. Niel looked at him and chuckled. L.Joe smiled and looked down.

“We should go” said Niel and escaped from L.Joe. “I’ll finish this some other time” he nodded.

“Okay” replied L.Joe and they left the studio.

~~

“Yah where were you?” asked Cap

“We went for a walk” replied Niel.

“Whatever, L.Joe can you come with me at the gym?”

“Aw hyung I can’t” pouted L.Joe.

“Oh okay, what about you Niel?” Cap looked at him.

“Um sure” smiled Niel.

“Wait, I’m coming too” said L.Joe.

“I thought you couldn’t” Cap raised his brow.

“Well since Niel is going now…” mumbled L.Joe and blushed.

“You’re unbelievable” chuckled Cap.

Niel and L.Joe went in their room to get changed while Cap was waiting them under the tree.

Couple of minutes later the two of them got ready and they were on their way to the gym.

“I thought you were going with Chunji here” said L.Joe.

“Yeah well he’s not here now”

“Oh where is he?” asked Niel.

“I think he went to visit his parents, I don’t know” sighed Cap and they entered the gym.

~~

“Aish I can’t lift this” Niel finally gave up.

“What’s up? You can’t lift weights?” chuckled L.Joe.

“No” pouted Niel.

“Hah let me show you how it’s done” he said full with confidence. L.Joe grabbed the weights and with all his strength tried to lift them, but failed as well.

“You can’t do it, either” Niel started to laugh at him.

“What are you kids doing?” Cap came.

“L.Joe hyung can’t lift those weights! Well I can’t either but he was just too funny”

Cap chuckled. “Step away and look how a real man does it” he said and lifted the weights with no problem.

“Wow hyung, you’re so strong” said Niel.

L.joe rolled his eyes and went to work out on something else, leaving the two of them talking about how strong Cap was.

L.Joe was wondering around the gym when suddenly he saw a man and a woman working out together. The woman was doing some tough poses while the man was helping her.

What are they doing? L.Joe thought.

“You want to try that?” someone asked. L.Joe turned around and saw a guy smiling towards him.

“Uh sure… does it hurt?”

“Well it depends on how flexible you are” he smiled.

“Oh… I don’t think I’m flexible at all” chuckled L.Joe.

“Don’t worry about that, we’ll just try something simpler first”

“Okay then” smiled L.Joe. “I’m L.Joe”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Sungyeol and I’ll be your trainer today” they shook hands.

~~

“Oh let’s go on that one!” Niel pointed to some machine.

“Okay” chuckled Cap and followed him. “Wait!” he stopped Niel.

“What is it hyung?”

“Isn’t that … L.Joe?” he pointed to Sungyeol and L.Joe working out together.

“Where? Oh…” Niel bit his lip.

“What are they doing? And who is that?” asked Cap and went towards them, leaving Niel behind.

It wasn’t a good picture for Niel of course. That Sungyeol guy was all over his boyfriend and Niel didn’t like that.

“Yah L.Joe, what are you doing?” asked Cap.

“Oh hey hyung” smiled L.Joe and got up. “This is Sungyeol, he’s helping me work out” smiled L.Joe.

“Yeah I can see that but your boyfriend over there doesn’t really like it” said Cap.

“Huh?” L.Joe looked behind Cap and saw Niel staring at them. “O-oh Niel-ah we were just working out” L.Joe came closer to him.

You call that working out? Niel rolled his eyes.

“Come on Niel, don’t get mad at me. I don’t even know that guy” whined L.Joe.

“Aish who am I kidding? I can’t be mad at you hyung~” pouted Niel. L.Joe chuckled and kissed him.