Chapter 3

The listener

 

Aish I can’t sleep! Thought L.Joe as he was rolling around on his bed. I wonder what Cap hyung is doing…

~~

L.Joe went towards Cap’s room. His room was three rooms away from L.Joe’s. Cap didn’t have roommate, he was alone in the room.  L.Joe opened the door without a key.

“Again? He’s always forgetting to lock his door” sighed L.Joe and shook his head. He walked in the room. It was dark and silent, well except from the little snores from Cap. L.Joe chuckled and went towards his hyung’s bed.

“Hyung! Hey~” he whispered and shook Cap. “hey heyyy~” he started poking him. But Cap still wasn’t moving. Annoying. “Yah Bang Minsoo” L.Joe shook him harder this time. “Wake up! Come on~ I’m bored, hyung I can’t sleep! Now wake up” he now started hitting Cap for not waking up.

“What is it?” asked Cap angrily as he sat up.

“Hey… sorry for waking you up…”

“It’s fine, what do you want?” Cap rolled his eyes.

“Well… it’s about my father”

“Huh? What about him?” Cap looked at him.

“Not long ago I asked this guy if he can find something about my dad… and he did”

“That’s great, right?” smiled Cap. 

“Yeah I guess, but it won’t help me! Look!” L.Joe showed the papers to Cap. “There’s no records about him after the year he…”

“…Left you” Cap finished his sentence and sighed. “You think he’s dead?”

“No! He’s alive, I know it! I just don’t understand this!” he pointed at the papers. “And even if he was dead, it would of said so here too! But there’s nothing about his death…” sighed L.Joe.

“I’m sorry man”

“It’s fine … I really thought that I could find him someday… I have so many questions” L.Joe looked down, upset.

“You can still find him! Don’t give up on this now. I’ll help you find him this time” Cap tried to cheer him up somehow.

“Thanks hyung… it means a lot” smiled L.Joe. “So… this is the moment when we hug right?” he asked awkwardly.

“Yes” chuckled Cap and hugged him. “By the way” he broke the hug. “What’s the time?”

“It’s… it’s 3 am” L.Joe chuckled and quickly stood up, afraid of Cap. “Got to go now hyung, Bye Bye” he smiled before running out to his own room. Cap just chuckled and got back in bed.

After that L.Joe went in his and Niel’s room. He lied down on his bed but couldn’t sleep again. He just kept thinking about his father. Is he really alive?

L.joe got up and went towards the computer. He started browsing stuff about his father, but again he didn’t find anything. L.Joe stayed up the whole night, on the computer.

In the morning Niel noticed him sleeping on the desk. He sighed and got up. Niel walked towards L.joe and shook him to wake him up. “Hyung! Why are you sleeping here?” he asked.

“Huh?” L.Joe woke up. “What time is it?”

“It’s 8, time for school” sighed Niel and walked into the bathroom.

Wow… I slept here? Thought L.Joe.

When the both of them got ready they went to school. Cap was already at their usual place, outside.

“You go ahead, I’ll be right there” said L.Joe and left NIel alone. Niel sat down next to Cap. It was awkward until L.Joe came. He was caring two cups of coffee with him.

“Coffee? Really?” Cap raised his brow. “Why do you need that?”

“I didn’t sleep all night” sighed L.Joe and drank his coffee.

“I found him sleeping on the desk this morning” said Niel.

It was quiet for a while. There were a lot of students out and yet it was silent. They all were reading something.

Aish I didn’t study about the test today

I need to go to the bathroom

AH there he is, oh my god

What am I going to do?

So boring

L.Joe’s head started to hurt. “AISH JUST SHUT UP!” he yelled. Everyone looked at him confused.

Dude what the hell?  thought Cap.

“UHHH” yelled L.Joe and stood up. Cap followed him, leaving Niel behind, alone.

“what’s wrong with him?”

“Is he sick or something?” the students started to whisper.

L.joe went in the restroom, followed by Cap.

“What was that for?” asked Cap.

“I just couldn’t take it” said L.Joe angrily. “Why did it had to be me?” he yelled and punched the wall.

“Man calm down” Cap grabbed him. L.Joe calmed down and sighed. “Let’s go! The class is about to start! You’re gonna be okay, right?” Cap looked at him.

“Yeah I’m fine, I’ve been living with this my whole life! I can’t explode now that easily” L.Joe rolled his eyes and left the restroom.

Cap and L.Joe went in the classroom. Niel was already there, looking concerned about L.Joe.

“Hyung, are you okay?” he asked L.Joe.

“I’m fine” smiled L.Joe and sat down.

The teacher soon entered the classroom.

“Class, we have a new student” started the teacher. “He’s a transfer student from Busan so please be nice to him” she smiled 

Omo I hope he’s hot

I wonder who it is

Aish another transfer student

L.Joe head started to hurt again. “Why is this happening now?” he said quietly.

The teacher called the new student to come in. A tall boy walked in. He looked at the class and smiled. The girls started to scream. “Stupid fangirls”

“Hello, I’m Lee Chanhee, but you can call me Chunji. Please take care of me” he bowed and smiled again. The girls were still screaming while the guys were glaring at him.

“There’s a free seat in the back Mr Lee” said the teacher and pointed somewhere in the back.

~~

The classes went fast and they all were now in their rooms. Niel was reading a book, as usual while L.Joe was staring at him out of boredom.

Cap was walking towards his room when suddenly he stopped when he saw the door of his room were open. “Aish I forgot to lock them again” he bit his bottom lip and went in his room. There he saw a boy unpacking his things. “Huh? Yah who are you?” asked Cap. The boy turned around and smiled to Cap.

“I’m Chunji, I’ll be your new roommate” he bowed.

“Chunji… right” sighed Cap and sat on his bed.

I hate sharing a room with someone else he thought.

Cap was looking at Chunji confused. He’s totally a clean freak he sighed.

Chunji was unpacking everything. He placed all his things nicely. That pissed Cap off.

“KNOCK KNOCK” someone yelled. It was L.Joe. He was smiling like an idiot! “Hey hyung” he said cheerfully. “Woah who’s this? New roommate? No way” chuckled L.Joe.

“That’s Chonji” said Cap.

“It’s Chunji” the boy said annoyed.

“Oh sorry… I’m not really good with names” smiled Cap.

“It’s true! Do you know how much time he needed to remember my name?” nodded L.Joe. “I’m Byunghun by the way, but you can call me L.Joe” he pulled out his hand.

“Nice to meet you” smiled Chunji and shook his hand.

“You too”

He’s cute  thought Chunji.

“What?” L.Joe looked at Chunji and blushed.

“Nothing…” Chunji looked at him confused and then started unpacking his stuff again. L.Joe was still blushing. He sat down next to Cap and tried to hide his face.

Just look at him

“Yeah, I know” whispered L.Joe.

Just cleaning, cleaning and cleaning sighed Cap.

“Yup” nodded L.Joe.

If he ever touches my stuff, I swear I’m gonna kick his

“Nice” chuckled L.Joe.

“Who are you talking to?” asked Chunji and looked at L.Joe.

“I’m talking to… my mom!” he smiled. “See this in my ear! Well I’m talking to her through that”

“Oh, okay” nodded Chunji and continued with his work.

Stupid chuckled Cap

“Shut up” L.Joe nudged him.

It was already time for dinner. L.Joe and Cap went in the cafeteria and sat at their usual table.

“Hey guys, can I sit with you?” asked Chunji shyly. “I-I don’t have friends here…so..”

“Yeah sure” smiled L.Joe. Suddenly his phone started ringing. “Sorry, I gotta take this” he said and left.

It was awkward between Cap and Chunji. Cap was playing with his food and looking around to see if he can find L.Joe.

Niel he smiled. “Yah Niel!” yelled Cap. Niel turned around and waved. “Come sit with us” smiled Cap.

Omo is this for real? Thought Niel and sat down next to Cap.

“Hi” smiled Niel to Chunji.

“Hello” Chunji smiled back. “I’m Chunji, his new roommate” he pointed at Cap.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Niel”

“Okay I’m back!” said L.Joe and sat down next to Chunji.

His lips are really big… I wonder how’s the feeling when you kiss him thought Chunji and chuckled.

L.joe looked at him with a disgusted expression on his face but quickly shook it off to eat.

“Hey L.Joe” smiled Chunji. “I like your hair, can I touch it?”

“T-touch it? But why?” whined L.Joe.

“I really wanna know how’s the feeling when you touch it and orange is my favorite colour”

You wanna know a lot of things, why don’t you ask Niel to give you a kiss thought L.Joe and rolled his eyes.

“Sure, go ahead, touch it”

“Thanks” chuckled Chunji and touched his hair.

He never lets me touch his hair pouted Niel.

Well you never asked L.Joe looked at him.

“Wah it’s so cool” chuckled Chunji.

“Okay, that’s enough” said L.Joe.

“Aw man, look at my shirt” sighed Cap. Some of his food was on his shirt now. He started taking of his shirt, cause he was wearing another one underneath the first one.

Aigo he’s taking his shirt off thought Niel and blushed.

I bet he got abs Chunji liked his lips.

“Don’t! “ L.joe stopped him. “Change it in your room or somewhere… believe me, just not here” he said.

thought L.Joe and looked at Chunji. Chunji was looking at Niel. “I bet they call you Angelina Jolie” chuckled Chunji.

Niel looked down and sighed. He could still feel Chunji’s eyes on him. Calling him like that and making fun of his lips really hurts him.

“Actually no! And stop it!” said L.Joe annoyed. “I’m going for a walk” said L.Joe and stood up.

“I’ll go with you!” Cap followed him.

He defended me thought Niel.

L.Joe and Cap went walking down the street. It was pretty dark. They were walking and chatting about something when suddenly a man all dressed in black walked in front of them. 

Who’s that? He thought, but suddenly he started hearing strange, annoying noises. They were like a really annoying screams and really loud. L.Joe covered his ears and kneeled down. His head started to hurt.

“L.Joe what’s wrong?” Cap yelled and kneeled in front of him. Tears started falling down on L.Joe’s cheeks.

“D-do you h-hear... that?” L.Joe managed to say.

“No” Cap shook his head.

“AHHH” L.Joe yelled. He was in pain from all the noises. They weren’t normal at all.

“That… man” said L.Joe before he out.