Chapter 2

The listener

 

No way… thought L.Joe before sitting down on his bed. He scanned the papers with his eyes but quickly removed them when he saw Niel coming his way.

“What’s that?” smiled Niel and sat down next to L.Joe.

“Um…nothing ,just some…homework” L.Joe smiled nervously.

“Oh okay”

“Can I ask you something?” L.Joe looked at Niel.

“Sure” Niel nodded.

“You’re a nerd, right?” L.Joe smiled.

“Okay… I’ll take that as a compliment” chuckled Niel.

“Sorry… I was wondering if you can find out from a picture how some person will look in 9 or 10 years…”

“Why?” asked Niel.

“Eh I’m just wondering”

“Oh, well I can, but don’t worry you’ll be still pretty after 10 years” joked Niel.

“It’s not about me though… but nevermind, I’ll ask you some other time” smiled L.Joe. “Can I ask you another question?”

“Yeah”

“What do you think about Cap hyung?” smiled L.Joe.

“um… he’s good…” said Niel. Cute, hot … I have a whole list if you want thought Niel.

“Good? Only that?” chuckled L.Joe at his thought.

“Yeah, why are you asking me this?”

“No reason”

Suddenly the door of their room opened and Cap came in running. He slammed the door shut and tried to catch his breath. Niel and L.Joe looked at him confused.

“What’s up?” asked L.Joe.

“Nothing… Just chilling” chuckled Cap. I skipped a class and the teacher is in the hall he though.

“Hide in the bathroom” said L.Joe. Cap did as told.

“Huh? Why hide in the bathroom? What’s wrong?” Niel stood up.

“He skipped a class and the teacher is in the hall” chuckled L.Joe

“Oh… how did you know that?”

“We’ve been friends for too long. I know what’s he’s thinking all the time” smiled L.Joe.

*Knock Knock*

“Come in!” said Niel. The door opened and the teacher Cap was running away from walked in.

“Did I just saw Minsoo walk in here?” the teacher looked at the both of them.

“Nope, I haven’t seen him all day” lied L.Joe.

The teacher didn’t believed him so he went to see if Cap was hiding in the bathroom. He was about to open the door but L.Joe interrupted him.

“If I were you, I wouldn’t go in there. I was just there and…well you know”

“Yeah he’s right. Believe me” nodded Niel.

“…Alright” said the teacher and finally left their room.

That was so close thought Cap

“Shut up” L.Joe yelled at him and rolled his eyes.

“What?” asked Niel.

“I was talking to Cap hyung” smiled L.Joe.

“Wow you guys are so close” chuckled Niel.

“Well we’ve been friends for 12 years” said Cap as he got out of the bathroom. “Man you weren’t kidding about just going in there” he pointed at the bathroom. “You’re sick! Open a window next time” he hit L.Joe lightly on the arm.

“Of course I wasn’t kidding” L.Joe laughed. Niel just sighed and nodded.

~~

After L.Joe’s and Niel’s empty class they had P.E, with Cap. They all went together there. The teacher told Cap to show the other students some exercises.

Wah he’s so hot!  thought Niel as they were doing some stretching. His eyes were glued on Cap the whole time.

Suddenly L.Joe started to laugh so hard. The other students looked at him.

“Mr Lee, what’s so funny?” scolded the teacher.

“Eh nothing, I just thought of a joke I heard a long ago” L.Joe continued laughing.

“Would you like to share it?”

“Huh?” L.Joe looked at the teacher and stopped laughing. “Sure… well there was this rabbit and suddenly it forgot to breathe and it died” L.Joe started to laugh again but stopped when he noticed the expression on the other students. “It was a lot more funnier in my head, I swear” he said and looked down embarrassed. 

Dude what the hell? What did you hear? thought Cap and looked at L.Joe.

I wonder if he ever noticed me… thought Niel while staring at Cap.

L.Joe started to laugh even more now. The class and the teacher ignored him this time.

“Sweet lord, I think I’m having a heart attack” said L.Joe in between his laughs.