Chapter 15

The listener

 

“Bring Byunghun to me” said the man and looked deep into Niel’s eyes. Suddenly Niel froze and had a blank expression on his face.

“Okay” he replied coldly before walking away from the mysterious men.

L.Joe and the others were already at the dorm when Niel arrived. Luckily some teachers didn’t see him coming back this late. But someone else did.

“Yah Changjo! Isn’t that Niel, hyung’s roommate?” the boy pointed at Niel.

“Yeah” nodded Changjo before calling out his name. “Niel!” he yelled and waved. The two boys ran towards him.

“Hey, where did you go? It’s really late” said Ricky.

“I can’t talk right now! I have to do something” Niel answered quickly and walked away.

“Strange…”

“Changjo… “ Ricky looked at him worriedly.

“What’s wrong?”

“Niel had that look when… you’re being mind- controlled… They used my power on him” gasped Ricky.

“Oh that’s bad! Let’s go get uncle Eric” the two boys started to run.

~~

Niel went straight in his room. L.Joe was there, lying on his bed.

“Hi” he smiled and got up. He hugged Niel. “Where were you? I was so worried” pouted L.Joe.

“I was with my old friend” replied Niel.

“Oh… are you okay?”

“Yes” replied Niel.

Something is off. His mind is blank.

Suddenly Niel pushed L.Joe on his bed and got on top of him.

“What the hell Niel. What are you doing?” yelled L.Joe and tried to push Niel away but failed.

“I love you hyung” he kind of softened a little.

“Huh?” L.joe got confused. He looked at Niel puzzled.

Why is he looking at me like that? Thought L.Joe.

Niel suddenly took off his shirt and then took L.Joe’s.

“Stop Niel. Wait” L.joe tried to stop him but failed once again.

Their lips were about to touch but they got interrupted by the loud knock on the door.

“L.Joe open the door!” yelled Ricky.

"Whatever you do, just don't kiss him" yelled Changjo.

Niel looked at the door and then back at L.Joe. He was about to kiss him when suddenly the door opened. Changjo, Ricky and an unknown person came in. Changjo grabbed Niel and moved him away from L.Joe. Ricky helped him to hold him tight. L.Joe got confused. He quickly stood up and put his shirt back on. He looked at Niel and the two boys and then at the other person.                      

“Who are you?” asked L.Joe “What’s going on here?”

“Don’t ask, just listen” the person said.

“Niel is being mind- controlled” said Ricky worriedly.

“What?” gasped L.Joe. “By who?” he started to panic.

“I said no questions! Just calm down, you’re the one who can bring him back” 

“What? How?”

“Close your eyes and think of the things you wanna say to him right now! Try and get inside his head”

What is he talking about? I can’t do that

“Yes you can”

L.Joe gasped but then closed his eyes.

Niel-ah I know you’re still in there. I know you can hear me. I’m sorry that this happened to you, it’s all my fault. You should of told me about this though. I need you Niel. Please come back. I love you!

“Hyung” yelled Niel. “They made me do this! I didn’t mean it hyung, I love you! T-they said if I don’t go to them, t-they’ll hurt you” Niel started to cry. L.Joe held him tight.

“It’s okay! I know you didn’t mean anything of this” he whispered.

“I love you” 

That still unknown person smiled and left the room. Changjo and Ricky followed him.

“Why won’t you just tell him the truth? He’s hurting more like this” said Changjo.

“I can’t tell him! It’ll be easier for them to find him like that. Now thanks to me they can’t recognize him” that person changed his whole face and body. It was a totally different person now. It was Eric.

“Whatever you say…” sighed Changjo and the two boys walked away.