Chapter 12

The listener

 

“Yah Niel! Wait up” yelled Chunji and stopped to catch his breath. He was obviously running. Niel turned around and looked puzzled at him.

“What’s wrong hyung? Why were you running?” he asked.

“You didn’t hear me yelling so I had to run” Chunji rolled his eyes and continued walking with Niel. “Where’s L.Joe?” he asked.

“I don’t know” Niel quickly answered.

“Okay… can you do me a favor?”

“What kind of favor?”

“Well I have this project… and I need a model… I want to be a photographer by the way… So I was wondering if you can be my model…?” he smiled nervously.

“Oh um… I can’t, I’m sorry hyung. Now let’s hurry up, we’ll be late for class”

“Okay…” sighed Chunji and followed Niel.

When they got there L.Joe was already there. He didn’t know if he should talk to Niel now or not. The teacher interrupted his thoughts by walking in the classroom.

“Now class you all will have to do some projects. Some of you have projects but others don’t. You will choose your partner and what your project will be about. I need them done in a week and good luck” the teacher smiled before leaving the classroom.

“Y-yah Niel” called L.Joe.

“What?” Niel turned around and looked at him. His heart now beating fast.

“You wanna be my partner?”

“Sorry I can’t… I already have a project with Chunji hyung” said Niel before turning back to Chunji.

“I thought you said no” Chunji was surprised.

“I guess I changed my mind, now when do we start?” smiled Niel.

L.Joe sighed as he overheard their conversation. His mind and expression was blank.

“L.Joe hyung” someone poked him from behind.

“what?” L.Joe asked lazily, not turning around to face that person.

“I can be your partner”

“really?” L.Joe turned around and smiled. “Thank you Changjo!”

“No problem” chuckled Changjo. “I was wondering if we can do something like an interview with some students from this school. We’ll ask them about their future plans or something…” suggested Changjo.

“Wow that’s great. I never even thought you had a plan” chuckled L.Joe. “We can even start today”

“Yeah” nodded Changjo and smiled.

After their classes they got their camera with some questions prepared for the students. Some of the students didn’t want to help them but most of them did. Their answers were really simple though.

“What do you wanna be when you finish school?”

“A doctor”

“A police man”

“A nurse”

“Presidents”

After a long day of filming their project, the two boys still had to edit the clips. They went in Changjo’s room.

“Where’s um Ricky?” asked L.Joe as he looked around.

“He’s out with his new friend” replied Changjo as he sat down on the chair. L.Joe sat next to him. They were now waiting for the clips to transfer into the pc.

“So what do you wanna be when you finish school?” asked L.Joe out of no where.

Changjo chuckled before answering. “I want to be a detective…”

“Oh cool, why’s that?”

“Well it’s because of my mom…” he started. “She was k-killed” his voice cracked. “When me and Ricky were little… and I want to find those guys…” he lowered his head.

“Oh  I-I’m sorry Changjo… for asking” L.joe hugged him.

“It’s fine hyung… what about you?”

“Huh?” L.joe broke the hug. “I don’t know… I want to be something that helps people” he chuckled at his own answer. “Somehow people always come to me when they have some problems”

“Wow and I did that now” chuckled Changjo.

“I don’t mind people telling me about their problems… I really like to help them, I just… couldn’t help the person I cared so much about” sighed L.Joe.

“What do you mean?”

“I knew he had a problem but he didn’t tell me about it…and at the end I lied to him”

“Did you apologize? Wow I just felt like a psychiatrist”

L.Joe chuckled at what Changjo had said. “No I didn’t” he then sighed.

“Well you should”

“I know but he just won’t let me…” pouted L.Joe.

“Aw cute! Just make him somehow listen to you”

“Okay… oh look the clips are done!” L.Joe changed the subjects and they started editing them.

~~

“Wow it’s huge!” said Niel as he walked into a studio with Chunji. “Is this yours?”

“No” chuckled Chunji as he went to take his camera out. “It’s my dad’s”

“It’s so cool” Niel kept looking around. Chunji nodded and approached him.

“There’s just one little problem”

“What is it?” Niel got his attention at him.

“Well they’re rebuilding the dressing room and you have to change here, b-but don’t worry I won’t look” blushed Chunji.

“Oh okay” nodded Niel. “So what should I wear?”

“First this one” Chunji pointed to one outfit. “And later this one” he then pointed to the other one.

“Okay” smiled Niel and removed his shirt in front of Chunji. Chunji quickly turned around.

Hm… he changed a lot really quickly. I like the old Chunji better even though he made fun of me … the new Chunji hyung is just too serious and shy … thought Niel and chuckled.

“You can turn around now” said Niel when he got dressed. Chunji turned around and smiled.

“By the way why did you pick me?” asked Niel.

“Well i only have three friends” sighed Chunji. “L.Joe wouldn’t want to do this kind of stuff, Cap hyung is just to ‘cool’ for this” chuckled Chunji. “And you… you’re just…perfect” he blushed, again.

“W-well thanks” Niel laughed awkwardly. 

When they were done they sat down and ordered pizza at the studio to eat.

“Did something happen between you and L.Joe…?” asked Chunji.

“No nothing really” Niel’s smile fade away.

“Come on Niel! You’re lying”

“I’m not”

“I’ll start calling you Jolie again if you don’t tell me what’s wrong”

“O-okay,  I’ll tell you just don’t call me like that and don’t tell anyone about this” sighed Niel.

“Okay I promise, we’re friends right?” smiled Chunji.

“Friends don’t threat one another” Niel gave him a death glare. “But I don’t mind  it” he then smiled.

Chunji chuckled. “So what’s wrong?”

How should I put this … not telling that L.Joe can hear people’s thoughts?

“Well…I like…him” blushed Niel. “And he found out about it, but I didn’t tell him… He knew it all this time and didn’t tell me” sighed Niel. “I got mad at him about that”

“Oh… you should talk to him! Listen to his side of the story”

“I know but he’s acting like it never happened…” sighed Niel.

“Well if you want I’ll talk to him”

“No~ I’ll do it” nodded Niel and smiled.

~~

L.Joe and Changjo finished editing some of the clips but there were more left too. They worked 3 hours on the project. After finishing a part of it they decided to go out for a while. It was 8 pm and it was already dark. There was only one person at the end of the hallway.

“Uncle Eric!” yelled Changjo and ran to him. L.Joe followed confused.

So he knows Eric… what’s your damn plan?

“This is my new friend L.Joe” said Changjo.

“Oh that’s great, you kids shouldn’t be out this late”

“But it’s only 8 pm “ whined Changjo.

“Go back to your rooms, now! I’ll go find Ricky” he demanded and gave Changjo some look. Changjo nodded and took L.Joe hand.

“Let’s go! You heard him” he dragged L.Joe to his own room.

“Wait you’re going to listen to him?” chuckled L.Joe.

“yes!” replied Changjo coldly and went in L.Joe’s room with him.

“w-what’s going on?”

“I don’t know, just stay here, okay? For once just listen what your teacher says!” said Changjo and left the room.

“wow… that was weird…”