Chapter 11

The listener

 

“Man I’m shaking” said Niel. “Look at my hands! Look hyung” he showed his hands to L.Joe. “How am I suppose to dance now? Oh my god I forgot the steps” he started to panic.

“Niel calm down. You’ll do fine” L.Joe tried to calm him down.

“No~ oh my god” Niel sat down.

Chunji and Cap were staring at the two of them. Right now they’re backstage, waiting for the dance battle to start. They have only 20 minutes until they’re up.

“Okay okay I’ll calm down…” sighed Niel.

“You’re  going to be great” smiled L.Joe.

“Hah I can’t believe you’re not the one panicking…” sighed Niel again.

“Me neither” chuckled L.joe.

“Oh hyung…is your power back?” Niel suddenly asked.

“Um… yea”

“That’s great! When did it come back?”

“Maybe… um  4 or 5 days ago” L.Joe mumbled.

“huh? What?” Niel was shocked. He stood up. “Y-you  heard everything” his heart started to beat faster.

“I didn’t mean it Niel, I’m sorry” L.Joe stood up as well.

“Why didn’t you tell me hyung?” yelled Niel. That go Cap’s and Chunji’s attention now.

“What just happened?” Chunji whispered to Cap.

“I don’t know…”

“You know everything now…” Niel looked down.

“I just… didn’t want to make it awkward between us” L.Joe said quietly. “That’s why I said …it’s gone”

Niel was about to say something but the MC interrupted. “And now Teen Top” she announced and everyone outside started to clap. Niel gave L.Joe a sad look before leaving with the other two.

Aish Niel you’re not the only one…I can’t tell you about my feelings now though, they’ll hurt you… thought L.Joe and followed them. They took their places and the music started to play. The performance went pretty good and now it was time to announce the winner. Boyfriend and Teen Top were on the stage together. L.joe was staring in the crowd.

“And the winner is…” the MC was about to announce the winner when L.Joe suddenly spotted someone in the crowd.

Those two boys… he gasped and started to run. He left the stage. Everyone was staring at him confused. But the MC ignored him and continued.

“The winner is… Teen Top~” she said and everyone started to clap. The three boys on the stage hugged each other. Boyfriend came to congratulate them.

Where did he go? Thought Niel. He was worried about his roommate.

“I told you we’ll win” smirked Chunji and hugged Niel.

“Ah y-yeah” chuckled Niel. “Do you know where L.joe hyung went?”

“No…sorry” Chunji shook his head. “Let’s go celebrate now” he dragged Niel wit him.

~~

They were here a minute ago… thought L.Joe and looked around. He was in the crowd, looking for those two boys he just saw. He suddenly heard some chuckles, really loud chuckles. No one else heard them. What’s going on? L.Joe went in the hallway. He turned left and continued walking. The chuckles and the strange noise were getting more and more closer. He stopped in front of the men’s restroom and the noises disappeared.

“Come on Ricky! Hurry up! Uncle will be worried” said one of the boys.

Ricky? It’s them L.Joe opened the door. A short boy was washing his hands while the taller one was looking himself in the mirror. When L.Joe entered they both looked at him.

“H-hi…” L.Joe smiled awkwardly.

“Oh it’s you” the shorted boy pointed at him. “You dance really good” he smiled. “I’m Ricky by the way and that’s my brother Changjo” he pointed at the taller boy.

“Nice to meet you… I’m L.joe” he smiled and shook their hands.

Finally…