Chapter 19

The listener

 

School again. The classes already started but L.Joe was still sleeping. Apparently Niel forgot to wake him up this morning.

It was 8 am when L.Joe woke up. He got up lazily and looked at the clock.

“Oh my god!” he yelled and jumped out of his bed. He quickly washed and got dressed. L.Joe ran as fast as he can to his classroom.

Aish Niel why didn’t you wake me up again? He yelled in his head. Suddenly someone grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him away. What the…?

That’s all that he remembered.

~~

“Ugh where am I?” L.joe slowly opened his eyes. “Who are you?” he gasped when he saw twins sitting across from him.

“That doesn’t matter right now! We got kidnapped” yelled the girl.

“What?” L.Joe panicked.

The room where the three of them were was empty and dark. There was light coming from the small window. It was now silent between them. Noises were heard from the other side of the door.

“Why them?” asked one man.

“They have the powers that we need!”

“I don’t know about this… what if they find us again?”

“They won’t! We already killed Junghyuk” one man started to laugh.

Dad? They killed my dad?  Thought L.Joe. Tears started to roll down his cheeks.

“Hey you okay?” the boy asked.

“I-I’m fine…” L.Joe continued to cry.

The twins looked at each other worriedly and then back at L.Joe.

“It’s time for you guys to go” three men came in the room and grabbed them. They dragged them in another empty room with only a mirror in it.

“Is that…?” the girl looked at the boy.

“Yes” he bit his lip.

What’s that? Thought L.Joe.

The men placed the three of them in front of the mirror.

“Even though we don’t have that stupid drink we still have this mirror” that man smirked. “Now off you go” he pushed the three of them in the mirror. In only a second they appeared in a different place. Only one little problem. They weren’t all together. The girl was in a different time from the two boys. She was in a house.

“What year is it?” she sighed and searched for a calendar. When she finally found one she gasped when she saw the year. “2000? Oh my god”

“AHH” someone screamed from the other room. Gun shots were heard and little kids crying. The girl ran in the other room and hid behind the sofa.

What is this? Her eyes started to water.

A woman was lying there covered in blood, while three men were dragging two little boys away from her. They were crying.

Who were those guys?

“Changjo, Ricky…” the woman said before closing her eyes.

Changjo and Ricky? Byunghun’s cousins? They have powers too… Oh my god, don’t tell me TOP did this? The girl started to cry and ran out of the house she was in.

How can I get back? She started running down the street when suddenly she remembered the mirror in her grandpa’s secret room. That’s it

~~

“Yah! Wake up”

“What?” L.joe got up. “Who are you?” he asked and looked at the boy who just woke him up.

“Destiny’s angel” the boy replied.

“Really?” L.Joe’s eyes widened in shock.

“No I’m just kidding” the boy started to laugh. “The name is GD” he pulled out his hand. L.joe gave him a look but shook his hand.”Byunghun, but you can call me L.Joe” He got up from where he was lying and looked around.

“Hey that’s my school…” he pointed to the building in front of them.

“Really? That’s so cool” nodded the boy.

“But… how did we suddenly get here?” asked L.Joe.

“Hm… we were kidnapped and they threw us into the mirror, long story short we‘re now in the future or the past, I don’t know” sighed GD.

“Seriously? You’re kidding” L.joe started to laugh.

“I’m not kidding” whined GD.

“Yeah yeah okay” chuckled L.Joe. “Oh there’s Niel”

“Whos’ Niel?” asked GD.

“My boyfriend” replied L.Joe and ran towards him. He suddenly stopped when he saw the view. GD followed him.

“I guess we’re in the future and he’s not your boyfriend anymore” said GD quietly.

L.joe turned around, not wanting to look at Niel anymore. “How can he do this to me?” he fell down and started to cry. “What year are we even in?” he yelled.

“I-I don’t know, L.joe calm down” GD tried to calm him.

The future Niel was dating someone else now. And that was Cap. L.Joe saw them kiss.

“My boyfriend and m-my best f-friend” L.joe cried. “How can they do this to me?”

Students were passing by and neither of them noticed L.joe crying or GD trying to calm him down.

Can they even see us? Thought GD.

“Excuse me?” he tried to talk to one boy but he didn’t see him. So I guess they can’t…

“L.Joe let’s go find out in which year are we in” GD pulled him up and dragged him in the school. They went in the main hall where they always hang some important stuff that students should know.

“We’re in…” GD started to search for the year on some paper. “In 2016”

“What?” yelled L.Joe. “No way. Can we get back?”

“Yeah we’ll find some way… um L.Joe I think you should see this” said GD.

“What is it?” said L.Joe annoyed at followed him.

“Here” GD pointed to one of the papers.

“R.I.P Lee Byunghun… “ read L.Joe .”What? What is this? I’m dead? H-how?” he started to cry again.

So that’s what future us meant by Save Byunghun… Someone is going to kill him. But why should we save him? Isn’t that Eric’s job? Thought GD.

“Hey, I know how to get back. Let’s go” GD grabbed L.joe's hand and dragged him out of the school. After walking for a while they reached TOP’s house.

“Why are we here?” asked L.Joe. His eyes were still red from all the crying. First about his father, then about Niel and Cap and later about him dying.

“This is where I live” said GD and they entered the house. It was empty and dark. GD took L.joe to the secret room. He was about to use his powers but couldn’t.

“What the hell? Why can’t I use my powers ?” he yelled.

“Y-you can’t?” L.joe gasped. “What powers do you have?”

“Teleporting” frowned GD. “We can’t get back now” he sat down on the ground.

“H-how do you mean?”

“There’s a secret room in this house but with no doors and we have the same mirror here. That mirror is our only way to get back”

“So… we’re not going back?”

“Guess not…”

Suddenly they heard noises. They were coming from the basement. The two boys looked at each other and then went to see what’s going on. They saw TOP there working something, alone. In the corner of the room they saw the mirror.

“The mirror!” yelled L.joe.

“It’s here” smiled GD. “How did he get it out?”

“Let’s go!” L.Joe grabbed his hand and they entered the mirror.

~~

“AH you’re here” CL hugged GD.

“H-hey, where were you?”

“I was in the past, 2000” she sighed.

“Oh… I was in 2016 with Byunghun”

“That kid was him?” CL widened her eyes.

“Yes” nodded GD and grinned.

“We have to tell TOP, b-but first… what I saw…” she started.

~~

“L.JOE! WAKE UP” someone yelled and shook him.

“Huh?” L.joe opened his eyes and saw two familiar faces staring at him.

“You’re awake” smiled Niel and hugged him. “Where were you? You were gone for 2 days! I was so worried! I thought you were dead” he started to cry.

“Yeah man, where the hell were you?” asked Cap worriedly.

“I was… dead” L.joe suddenly remembered everything he saw. “You two…” he looked at them. “Oh my god” he covered his mouth and started to cry.

“L.Joe what’s wrong?” the two boys panicked.

“Dead? What do you mean hyung?” Niel cried even more.

“I-I was in the f-future in…2016 a-and I was d-dead”