Chapter 13

The listener

 

“And I was like: Dude you don’t want this. But he didn’t listen so I punched him back” said Cap.

“Wow, so what happened next?” asked Niel, for some reason excited.

“Nothing, the other day we were back to normal. And as you see me and L.Joe are still friends” smiled Cap.

“You’re so lucky guys, I never had a childhood friend…” sighed Niel.

“Who cares, you have us now” chuckled Cap. “By the way what happened between you and L.Joe?”

“I-It’s nothing really…” said Niel. Why does everyone want to know that now?

“I know there’s something off with you too! I saw you arguing back then.”

“yeah we had a little fight it’s nothing important” sighed Niel.

“AHHH NO!” they suddenly heard a scream from the outside. Niel and Cap looked at each other confused and ran towards the window to see what’s going on. There was nothing.

“Oh my god!” yelled Niel.

“What? What happened?”

“Did you see that?” he pointed somewhere outside.

“No, what?”

“A man… there was a man walking and he suddenly disappeared”

“Disappeared?” Cap’s eyes widened. “L.Joe!” he thought of his friend and ran out of the door.

“h-hyung, wait” yelled Niel and followed him.

 Cap almost broke the door to L.Joe’s room just to see if he’s there.

“Byunghun” he yelled and turned the lights on.

“Ah what is it?” asked L.joe sleepily. He was sleeping and Cap woke him up.

“You’re here” sighed Cap in relief.

“Yeah, where else could I be?” L.joe rolled his eyes.

“Hyung” Niel finally came in the room too. “You’re here” he repeated what Cap had just said.

“What the hell is wrong with you guys?” L.joe asked confused.

“Nothing! Just go back to sleep” said Cap and left the room. Niel lied down on his bed and soon fell asleep.

~~

“How are you feeling?” Changjo asked his brother.

“I’m fine Changjo it’s just… little weird now… without my powers, b-but it’s fine, I’ll get them back just like the last time” Ricky tried to smile.

“No! There’s no way I’m letting you do that again! Uncle Eric is going to kill you if you sneak out again!”

“I don’t care! Without them I can’t protect Byunghun hyung and we already owe uncle Eric so much!” sighed Ricky.

“Let’s just go talk to him, okay? Maybe he can help us this time”

“Okay” nodded Ricky and the two boys left the hallway.

“T-they have powers… I have to get L.Joe” whispered Cap and ran back to L.Joe’s room. “Yah get up!” he woke him up, again.

“What is it hyung? You’re annoying”

“Those two new boys have powers! Come on”

“What?” L.joe quickly got up and they left the room. “Which way did they go?”

“That way” Cap pointed to the direction and soon they saw them outside, talking. Cap and L.joe hid behind the garbage cans.

“They said that they can’t protect you without their powers! And of course that Eric dude is in all this” whispered Cap.

“Aish why protect me now? I thought he’s going to kill me” L.Joe got confused by the whole situation.

“Shh I can’t hear them” Cap tried to move closer but accidentally hit one of the garbage cans, causing the two boys to stop talking. They looked towards the garbage cans and saw L.Joe and Cap there.

“Oh crap”

“Act drunk” whispered Cap.

L.joe nodded and grabbed an empty bottle from the garbage can. “Oops you got us!” L.Joe started to laugh. “Don’t tell the teachers that we’ve been drinking” he whispered to the boys, acting drunk. “Now, excuse you, I mean us” he started to laugh again. “We’re going to sleep” L.Joe grabbed Cap’s hand and they walked away, back to their dorm.

“What did they say?” asked Ricky. “Did you hear anything?”

“Yeah, they know” sighed Changjo.

“T-that’s bad Changjo! W-what are we going to tell uncle?” Ricky started to panic.

“Well I guess it’s time for him to tell the truth already”

~~

“I can’t believe this” L.joe sat on the grass.

“Me neither… me and Niel heard a scream earlier and I guess that was one of them.”

“What do you mean?”

“One of them lost his power today and Niel saw a man disappear.”

“Wait… I’m really getting confused right now! Eric is their uncle but he has pictures of me and them in his pc. Niel saw a man disappear and one man caused me to lose my powers… and he disappeared and now Ricky lost his… Man who are they?”

“I don’t know L.joe, you'll find out everything"

“I don’t wanna know anything! All I want is a normal life” sighed L.Joe and stood up. He left in his room. When he entered the room he saw Niel sleeping, peacefully.

I’m sorry I hurt you Niel, but it’s not my fault that I have this stupid power to read people’s minds… I don’t want you to get too close to me maybe they’ll hurt you… They’re after me, not you. I know it…

~~

“So you’ll be in this room?” asked Chunji.

“Yeah only till our room gets fixed, there’s some problem…” replied Changjo.

“Oh…and what about you Ricky?”

“I’m in some other room…I still don’t know my roommates”

“What’s going on here?” Cap woke up. He looked around the room and saw an extra bed, couple of boxes and some bags. He then looked on the opposite bed. There he saw Niel, Changjo, Chunji and Ricky talking. “What the hell?” he jumped from his bed. “Couple of weeks ago this was MY room and now it turned into a kindergarten. Aish” he went into the bathroom.

“…Does he always sleep without a shirt?” asked Changjo worriedly.

“Sadly… yes” nodded Chunji and chuckled.

“Niel where’s L.Joe?” asked Cap and poked his head out of the bathroom.

“He’s in our room”

“Okay” Cap closed the door and couple of minutes later came out dressed. “Let’s go” he grabbed Niel’s hand and dragged him in his room.

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see, it’s just annoying me so I have to clear some things out” said Cap and opened the door. L.Joe was there, sitting on his bad, staring in something.

“Hey” greeted Cap.

“Hi…” L.joe replied quietly and stood up. Cap dragged Niel in front of L.Joe.

“Okay so~ what’s going on between you two? I demand you to tell me right now”

“Or what?” L.joe rolled his eyes.

“Or I’ll kick your like when we were 14! I know you remember it very well”

“O-okay…um Niel I’m sorry I lied it’s just… there’s been a lot of stuff on my mind lately and I know that something bad is going to happen soon… At first I wasn’t sure of my feelings so that’s why I lied, to not make it more awkward. But later when I finally accepted them I was worried to tell you. I like you Niel…” L.Joe blurted out and blushed. “So Cap hyung…” L.joe looked at him. “I know you don’t like these kind of stuff but then again It’s not about you” chuckled L.Joe before he leaned in and kissed Niel.

“Okay I’m out!” yelled Cap and left the room. “AND YOU’RE WELCOME BY THE WAY” he yelled from the other side of the door.