Chapter 20

The listener

 

“I-I was in the f-future… in 2016 a-and I was d-dead” said L.Joe and cried even more in Niel’s embrace.

“Dude what are you talking about?” asked Cap confused.

“H-hyung please explain” said Niel. He was going to cry too.

“Nevermind… “ L.joe broke the hug and stood up. He managed somehow to hold in the rest of his tears. “I’ll be out” he said coldly to the two of them and left the room.

Niel and Cap looked at each other confused.

“Something’s wrong with him” sighed Cap.

“I-I know… hyung I’m worried”

~~

After L.Joe left the room he went under the tree where he always sits. He tried to forget everything he saw in the future and that guy GD he met.

Why was I even there in the first place? Who were those people who kidnapped me? Should I go tell Ricky and Changjo? Maybe not… Aish my head hurts.

“Hey L.Joe” someone sang. L.Joe lifted his head and saw Chunji smiling at him.

“Hey” greeted L.joe coldly and tried to hide his face.

“Omo L.Joe, have you been crying?” Chunji was shocked and sat next to him.

“No” L.Joe looked the other way.

Chunji sighed and grabbed L.Joe’s chin, making L.Joe to face him.

“yes you had” he gasped. “But why? What’s wrong?”

“Aish why are you so nice suddenly? I like the old Chunji better” yelled L.joe, rolled his eyes and looked the other way again.

“I’m just… trying to help” mumbled Chunji. “I’m sorry, I won’t bother you again” he stood up.

And I thought you were different from the other friends I had he thought before leaving.

“Wait!” said L.joe suddenly.

“What is it?” Chunji turned around.

“I’m sorry I yelled. I’m not in a very good mood right now” sighed L.Joe.  

“It’s okay… can you tell me what’s wrong?” asked Chunji as he sat down next to L.Joe again.

“It’s kind of complicated… “

“Come on~ I can help you” he smiled.

“Okay… how should I put this…”

What am I suppose to tell him now? Like hey I can read your mind and I’ll be dead soon. Oh and Niel will cheat on me… Wait… I’ll be dead so that won’t make it cheating… but still, come on! I'm dead! wait~  i'll be dead... AISH

“Hey L.Joe! You there?” Chunji started to wave his hands in front of L.Joe’s face. He obviously started thinking too much and got lost in his thoughts.

“Oh yea, I’m sorry” he chuckled.

Chunji looked at him and just waited for L.Joe to tell him what’s wrong. L.joe sighed before started talking.

“I think… Niel…doesn’t like me anymore and he’ll cheat on me”

“But you guys just started dating…” said Chunji confused.

Oh crap

“Y-yeah but… it’s just a feeling” mumbled L.Joe.

“That’s why you’ve been crying?”

“No… aish I don’t know hyung” pouted L.Joe.

 Chunji chuckled and hugged him. “Don’t worry L.Joe  he still likes you”

“You don’t think he’ll cheat on me?”        

“Nope. He won’t” Chunji broke the hug and smiled.

L.joe blushed at how close they now were. Chunji noticed it and chuckled. He quickly pecked L.Joe’s lips and smiled again. L.joe’s face turned tomato red. He covered his lips and looked at Chunji shocked.

That felt… right thought Chunji and leaned in. No, I shouldn’t be doing this. He was upset about his boyfriend and now me kissing him? He thought but continued to get closer to L.Joe again. L.Joe didn’t back away either which surprised Chunji.

Chunji removed L.joe hand from his mouth and their lips touched once again. But this time it was a real kiss, not a simple peck.

He’s kissing back? Thought Chunji and smirked between the kisses.

I’m kissing back? L.joe finally got to his senses and broke the kiss.

“W-why did you do that hyung?” he wiped his lips and got up.

“I’m sorry” he quickly said and stood up as well. “You kissed back” mumbled Chunji.

“It doesn’t matter, you shouldn’t of done it” yelled L.joe and left.

Why am I so stupid? Sighed Chunji.

~~

“Top hyung is looking for you two” said Sungyeol to the twins. They looked at each other before standing up and leaving to see Top. He was in the living room, reading a book.

The twins entered the room and sat on the sofa.

“You wanted to see us…” said CL.

“Yes” Top placed his book down and looked at them. “Where the hell were you?” he was mad even though his expression didn’t show it. He was yet again pail with dark circles under his eyes. “I was looking for you two for 2 days!”

“W-we’re sorry” they bowed.

“Explain now!” demanded Top.

“We were… kidnapped” said GD.

“They took our powers and threw us in that mirror…”

“Who kidnapped you? They have the same mirror? But how…?” Top got confused but worried.

“Y-yes… I went in the past” said CL.

“And I went in the future” said GD. “With Byunghun” he smirked when he said that name.

“Byunghun? Where did you find him?” asked Top.

“He was kidnapped too…b-but he’s here now, in this world” nodded GD.

“Okay, this is good. You two will now find him and keep on working on that drink” said Top and grabbed his book.

The twins nodded. “Top…” said CL.

“Yes?” he looked at her.

“When I was in the past… I saw Ricky’s and Changjo’s mother get killed …I couldn’t see his face… W-Was it you?” she asked with a shaky voice.

“No!” Top answered quickly. “I would never kill her! Even though her father stole our powers she is still my cousin… I’m still trying to find out who killed her…”

“Cousin?” asked GD surprised.

“You don’t know the whole story, don’t you?” Top raised a brow.

“No…” mumbled the twins.

“Okay, I guess it’s time for you to know everything…” started Top. “My father and his brother found the powers. I don’t know how though… But suddenly his brother stole my father’s powers out of nowhere and he disappeared. My father thought that he joined the others… that he became evil. His brother had three kids. Two brothers, one sister. One of them is Byunghun’s father and one of them is Ricky’s and Changjo’s mother. The other child doesn’t have any powers and is missing… at least that’s what I know… When I was born, I had powers and they’re in Byunghun now. His father stole them from me. I talked to Eric couple of weeks ago and he still won’t give Byunghun away… Well I don’t even expect that from him. Every father would want to protect their child…” said Top. “And no I didn’t kill her! I don’t know who did, but I will find out after I get my powers back” he smirked.