Chapter 22

The listener

 

A week had passed since L.joe’s little trip to the future. Chunji started to act more weird around him and Niel. He almost told Niel about their little kiss again, but L.joe covered it up like the last time.

L.joe tried to take off his mind from the future and what he saw there. He still couldn’t believe what will happen.

“Hey hyung, did you heard about it?” asked Niel.

“About what?” L.joe looked at him.

“About the not going to school thing for a whole week” Niel jumped and smiled.

“Woah really? But why?”

“Some holiday, I don’t know” chuckled Niel and kissed him.

“That’s great” said L.joe awkwardly.

“So what do you wanna do this week?”

“I don’t know…We’ll figure something out” smiled L.Joe.

While the two of them were talking in their room there was a knock on the door.

“Come in” yelled L.Joe.

After some few seconds Chunji’s head popped in. He looked down and he wasn’t looking happy and stuff.

“L.Joe… can we talk?” he asked quietly.

L.joe looked at him confused. “Sure…” he stood up and left the room with Chunji.

They went outside, under the tree where they always sit. It was empty outside and silent. The other students probably heard about not going to school this week and already went somewhere else.

“So… what do you wanna talk about?” asked L.Joe as he sat down under the tree.

“About the kiss” mumbled Chunji.

L.Joe didn’t heard him but thanks to his gift he read his mind and understood everything. He sighed before starting to talk.

“What about it?”

“Um…” Chunji sat next to him. “I know you’re with Niel and …this won’t change anything but I just wanted you to know that… I like you” Chunji closed his eyes not wanting to see L.joe reaction and blushed.

“No you don’t” replied L.joe coldly.

“Huh?” Chunji got confused so he opened his eyes and looked at L.Joe. “I-I just confessed to you …” he said quietly.

“Chunji you don’t know anything about me how can you like me seriously?” L.joe raised his brow.

“I… I do know you” Chunji started to play with his fingers.

“Believe me you don’t” L.joe shook his head and stood up. He was obviously in a bad mood. He was like that the whole week.

Chunji furrowed his eyebrows and stood up as well. He grabbed L.Joe wrist and made him face him again.

“I just freaking confessed to you! Do you know how much time took me to do this?  It’s not that simple. And you just say that I don’t know you? How is that possible? I like you L.Joe! Everytime I see you my heart starts to beat faster! Why do you think I even kissed you back then? Why am I so nervous in front of your boyfriend? Why am I always blushing when I talk to you? Because I like you!” yelled Chunji. L.joe’s eyes were widened. He was shocked to see Chunji yell at him. It was the first time him seeing Chunji like this.

After some seconds of silence L.Joe smirked. “If you knew my secret this would of never happened” he said. “You wouldn’t be my friend anymore”

“Y-yeah I would!” said Chunji.

“You just think that! But If you just knew how ed up my life is then you wouldn’t be yelling at me that you like me”

“Everyone has secrets and no matter how dark yours is I will always be your friend L.Joe…” said Chunji quietly and looked down.

“Everyone said that but only one of them is now still with me…” L.Joe was about to cry. Chunji looked at him but didn’t know what to say anymore. “I can hear what other people think” said L.Joe.

“What?” Chunji got surprised.

“I can hear what other people think!” L.Joe repeated himself but this time louder. “I’ve been doing this since I was little. I lost my parents because of it, my friends… I’ll be probably dead soon and my  boyfriend will cheat on me” he yelled as tears started to slide down his cheeks.

“L.joe…” said Chunji and ran to him. He hugged him. “I’m sorry L.Joe! Please don’t cry”

l.Joe pushed Chunji away and looked at him. “You don’t like me like this, now do you Chunji?” he said coldly before walking away.

Why did I do this?

L.joe went straight to his room. He opened the door and noticed it was empty.

Where’s Niel? He looked around but didn’t find him anywhere.

“Aish I don’t care anymore” sighed L.Joe and lied down on his bed.

As he was lying down someone entered the room.

“We’re here and… hm what rimes with ‘here’?” asked someone.

“Queer?” replied someone else.

“We’re here and- wait! I’m not gay~” the other one whined. “You’re so going to pay for this”

Wait who’s that? L.Joe asked himself before sitting up. There was one boy and one girl in front of him. Apparently they were the ones arguing seconds ago.

“Wait… aren’t you the ones that got kidnapped with me…?” asked L.Joe.

“yup GD” the boy pointed at himself. “And CL” then he pointed at his twin sister standing next to him.

“What are you guys doing here?” asked L.Joe.

“Nothing much, just the usual, to kidnap you so same old, same old” smiled CL.

“Huh? What?” L.Joe freaked out and tried to get away but it was too late.

“Not so fast pretty boy! You have something that it’s ours so you’re coming with us” GD grabbed him and using his power they went in Top's house.