Chapter 18

The listener

 

A boy smiled to himself as he was walking down the street. The street was empty. Not even a single person was out there.

Couple of minutes later the boy stopped in front of a big, white house. It was huge and beautiful but you can still tell that the house was very old.

The boy entered the gates and then without knocking entered the big house. Walking down the hall, he entered the first room on his left. It was the dining room. All of his friends and family were sitting around the big table which was filled with food.

“Aish Sungyeol, where were you?” one guy asked.

“I was at work, sorry for being late” said Sungyeol and sat on one of the chairs. “I have good new though” he smiled.

“What is it?” asked a girl with a long blonde hair.

“I think I found him, but I’m not really sure”

“How do you mean?” asked a boy who looked exactly like the previous girl.

“He introduced himself as L.Joe but I just had this feeling, telling me that’s him.”

“Great” the girl with blond hair rolled her eyes.

“Yah CL at least I’m trying to find him! Unlike you” yelled Sungyeo.

“What? “ she got up from her seat.

“Yeah you heard me”

“Aish you little…” she went over to punch him but someone stopped her.

“Stop this” the person said as he walked into the room.

CL looked at him and got back to her seat. Everyone else had their eyes on their so called boss.

“Not one of you is trying to find Byunghun, you’re all useless” he said as he took a seat.

“B-but hyung” Sungyeol started to speak. “I found him. I just need time. I’m not 100% sure if that’s him” he said.

“TOP don’t listen to him. He always screws up things” said CL.

“yah don’t talk to him like that” her twin brother GD whispered.

Their leader TOP was about to say something but stopped. His face expression changed into shocked and his breathing became hard.

“Hyung what’s wrong?” asked one of the guys. Everyone started to panic.

“I’m fine, just sit down” he managed to say. Suddenly the clock started to make some noises. “Oh no” he mumbled before a white aura left his body.

“W-what just happened?” asked GD.

“Hyung you okay?” asked Sungyeol. “What’s wrong? Why did you suddenly change?”

“I guess it’s time for me to explain” TOP chuckled as his hard breathing continued. He was now pale and had dark circles under his eyes. He was obviously weak. “I don’t have much time” he sighed. “Unless I take my powers back from Byunghun I’ll be dead in 6 months. And that’s not a lot of time. We’ve been searching for him for the last 17 years. I’ve been living thanks to the temporarily powers we get. The power that just left me was Ricky’s…” said TOP.

“Why… why didn’t you tell us this before?” CL stood up. She was mad.

“I just… I couldn’t” sighed TOP. “Now… my orders. Sungyeol, you find out if that’s Byunghun or not. GD and CL you find that drink. Without it we can’t take his powers” he said weakly. “The rest of you can go home now” he stood up and went into his room.

Everyone left the dining room, leaving CL and GD alone.

“How are we going to find that drink in only 6 months?” asked GD worriedly.

“I don’t know…” sighed CL.

“I don’t want hyung to die”

“No one does… Let’s just start from this house. Grandpa used to live here so there has to be something he left us” said CL and stood up.

“Oh!” GD suddenly remembered something. “He used to have this secret room. It was always filled with toys and old books.”

“Okay, where is it?”

“That’s the thing, I don’t know. I used to play there a lot. But I got there by teleporting”

“Well can you teleport us both there now?” CL raised her brow.

“No…” GD bit his lip. “I was little then and I couldn’t control my powers but now I can and without knowing where the place is I can’t get there” he sighed.

“Aish we’re screwed. Oh let’s ask TOP if he has a map from this house?” she suggested.

“Yeah~ He has to have one” GD nodded and they both went to TOP’s room.

They knocked on the door three times.

“Come in” said TOP and they both entered. They saw him lying on his bed, lifeless. The twins gasped at the sight.

“Hyung… do you have a map from this house?” asked GD.

“Yes, why do you need it?”

“We’re trying to find something that can lead us to the drink” said CL.

“Oh… well in that case, the map is in the first drawer”

CL got the map and looked at it. One room caught her eyes. A room with no doors. She titled her head in confusion.

“Why does this room have no doors?” she asked and pointed to the room.

“Cause it’s dangerous. That’s grandpa’s secret room and it never had doors” replied TOP. The twins looked at each other and then ran out of the room.

“Thanks hyung” yelled GD. TOP shook his head and chuckled. He knew that they were going in that room. Be careful you guys

~~

“Well here we are, no doors” said CL. GD nodded and grabbed her hand. He used his power and in a second they were in that secret room. They looked around but it was empty. There was only one big object in the corner of the room, covered with a white sheet.

“Huh? Where did all the toys go?” pouted GD. “Wait no! Don’t touch that!” yelled GD. His twin sister was about to touch that object but stopped when GD yelled.

“Why not?” she turned around.

“It’s a mirror” he replied.

“So what?” CL started to laugh.

“Grandpa always told me not to touch it cause it’s dangerous. He said that it’ll take me into another world”

“Seriously?” CL raised her brow and grabbed the sheet. She uncovered the object.

“Why did you do that?  Didn’t you listen what I just said?” yelled GD.

“Sorry” she rolled her eyes and looked at the mirror. “Who’s that?” she pointed at the mirror.

“It’s you in couple of years” said GD and stood behind her.

“It doesn’t look like me at all and how do you know all this stuff and I don’t?” she frowned.

“I guess grandpa loved me more” he chuckled and left to find something.

“yeah right” she rolled her eyes and followed him. “What are you looking for?”

“There was a little door here somewhere” he was looking in the ground. “Ah here it is!” he grabbed the knob and opened it.

“What’s in there?” asked CL.

“My diary” smiled GD and pulled it out.

“You keep a diary? I’m a girl and I don’t have that” she started to laugh.

“Shut up!”

“Let me see it” CL grabbed the diary and flipped the pages. “Today CL was so mean to me” she started reading. “What? I was never mean to you” she said.

“Yeah you were, just keep reading” nodded GD.

“She broke my favorite toy” she continued reading. “That was my toy” she whined.

“Na-huh! It was mine. Grandpa bought it for me” yelled GD.

“No he didn’t! It was for me”

“It was a car toy, of course it was for me” pouted GD.

“Oh my god, just look at us. We’re 20 years old and still fighting over a toy” she chuckled and closed the diary. “So what does this mirror do?” she asked.

“I already told you. It brings you in the future or the past, wherever you want” explained GD again.

“Cool” she smiled before she threw GD’s diary in the mirror.

“What are you doing?” he yelled but it was too late. The diary was already in the past or future, who knows.

“I just wanted to try it” she pouted.

“Let’s get out of here” he grabbed her hand and they were back in the dining room. “You really didn’t have to do that. Even though it’s a diary it can still change something” he sighed.

“Sorry”

“It’s fine- OUCH!” yelled GD and rubbed his head. Something fell on his head. He looked around and saw his diary. It was on the table, in front of him.

“H-how did it get back?”

“I told you that something might get changed! See? The future us or whatever got the diary back” he said. GD took the diary and for some reason opened the last page. “Huh? What does this mean?” he asked confused.

“What let me see” CL grabbed the diary and read it.

Save Byunghun?” she read out loud. The twins looked at each other. “Why save him?”