Chapter 25

The listener

 

“Niel!” L.joe yelled and stopped in front of him. He saw the look one Niel’s face. “W-what’s wrong? …I’m here for you…” said L.Joe confused. He then moved his eyes towards the tree. There he saw two boys kissing. What? It’s in the past? Crap… he must of seen it. L.Joe bit his bottom lip.

“Niel I…”

“No! Don’t! I don’t need your explanation” said Niel coldly.

“But it’s not-“ L.joe tried to speak but Niel cut him off, again.

“L.Joe stop!... I… I don’t deserve this!” Niel got up and went closer to L.Joe. “I don’t know what was up with that house. That room with no doors… that shiny object and …this?  I don’t even know where I am right now and why are there the two of you…” Niel kept raising his voice. “But I have a feeling this already happened…” he looked down as tears started to fall yet again from his eyes.

“Niel don’t do this…” was only that L.Joe could say.

“Do what?” Niel yelled and looked at him. “Why did you do it L.Joe? Huh?” he yelled again.

“I… um It was a mistake Niel, okay?” L.Joe looked at him.

“Whatever just… take me home so I can-“

“See Cap?” L.joe cut him off.

“What?” Niel looked at him.

“I can still read your thoughts Niel. I guess you forgot about that”

“What are you trying to say?” sighed Niel.

“You’ve been hanging out with Cap a lot lately” said L.Joe coldly.

“Oh my god, you’re turning this on me now?” yelled Niel. “You were never here to see that! You can’t do this! I saw you and Chunji hyung kiss! Me and Cap hyung never did anything, he’s my friend. You can read my thoughts only but you can’t feel what I feel” Niel gave him a last look before leaving.

“Niel come back! Where are you going?” yelled L.Joe and turned around. There he saw a car moving towards Niel. His eyes widened in shock but it was too late for everything. “Niel!” yelled L.Joe but somehow he couldn’t get to him. He suddenly disappeared, like he was never there, leaving Niel lying on the street helpless.

~~

“Where’s Niel?” yelled L.Joe as soon as he opened his eyes. He looked around and saw Changjo and Ricky looking at him worriedly. He was in his and Niel’s room now.

“Hyung you’re awake” said Ricky and smiled a little.

Suddenly the door opened and Eric came in.

“Oh great, you’re finally awake” he smiled and sat on a chair.

“Where’s Niel?” L.joe asked the same question as before.

“He’s in the hospital, don’t you remember?” asked Changjo.

“What? Hospital?” L.joe got shocked.

“Y-yeah, he’s been there for the past 3 weeks” 

So he did change the future thought L.Joe. It’s all my fault. The future shouldn’t be changed.

“I should go see him” L.Joe stood up and headed for the door but Eric stopped him.

“You should rest first!”

“No…I have to talk to him” said L.joe and just as he was about to leave Cap entered the room.

“You’re going to the hospital?” he asked.

“Yeah” replied L.Joe coldly.

“I’ll go with you!”

~~

“Hyung” yelled Niel and smiled as he saw Cap enter the room with L.Joe following him behind.

“Hey, I’m sorry I couldn’t visit you the past weeks” sighed Cap and sat on Niel’s bed.

“Nah it’s okay” Niel hugged him and chuckled.

“Hyung” L.Joe called. “Can I talk to Niel for a second?” he asked.

“Uh sure” nodded Cap and left the room.

L.joe sat on a chair and looked at Niel. Niel in return smiled at him.

Why is he smiling? Doesn’t he remember anything?

Suddenly Niel’s smile disappear and he looked away.

He does remember…

“I remember everything hyung… and I don’t think it’ll work out with us so you should go…”

I knew it.

“Niel please, just listen to me” L.joe got up and got closer to Niel.

“No! According to my accident date it happened 3 weeks ago and you didn’t even bother to tell me! It hurts hyung!”

“I’m sorry… I know I shouldn’t of done that but…I was in such a bad mood that day…”

“A bad mood? That’s it?” Niel raised his brow.

“No, it’s not just a bad mood!” yelled L.Joe. “I went in the freaking future”

“So what L.Joe?” Niel raised his voice as well.

“I… I saw you”

“And?”

“And Cap hyung…”

“What’s that suppose to do with you and me?”

“Everything… you were kissing and holding hands while I was dead!” yelled L.Joe stormed out of the room.