First

Angel

bf259a1ce97ba0eb02b0860f162e7333.jpg

Picture not mine. Credits to owner.


He stopped by the curb and sighed deeply. Looking at himself in the side mirror, he brushed his hair which was put up. He put his side burns down with his fingers and he tightened his collar.

"You're here early."

He gasped as he tipped over his cycle. He put it back up and looked back at her. She was wearing black jeans with black converses. She had on a light pink cardigan and held onto a light black back. Her hair was just normal, nothing fancy.

He sighed in relief. He also wore black jeans and converse with just a white shirt and a black leathered jacket. He didn't overdo himself.

"I'm only five minutes early." Taehyung muttered.

She giggled, "Better than the last date, right?

Taehyung softly smiled and nodded, "Here, have this helmet."

He gave her the helmet when he took it back. Fixing her hair gently, he put the helmet over her gently, seeing if it was fit perfectly. And to his surprise, it did.

"Thanks." She said as he helped her up the cycle. He put his black helmet on and sat in front of her. 

"You have to grab onto something." He said.

She lightly grabbed onto his jacket, "Okay."

Taehyung grinned, "I think you'll fall if you do that."

"I think I'm good."

Taehyung shrugged with a laugh. As he accelerated, he felt an arm wrap around his waist.

Her head was leaning on his back and a blush crept on his cheeks. He knew he wanted this, but it felt so surrreal. 

"Sorry." She yelled over the wind when Taehyung just coughed.

He knew that if he said something, he would say something stupid. 

"I like cucumbers." 

`

"Wow, this place is really--"

"I know. It's not that great. I wanted something nice for you but my friend owns this place and so I got it for a cheap cost. Is that okay?" Taehyung scratched the back of his head.

"Are you kidding? I always wanted to go to a revolving sushi place." She walked in before Taehyung, "And the fact that it's cheap is a plus!" She turned back and smiled, "I already love it."

Taehyung coughed and followed her inside. There weren't a lot of people in there and they were finally seated.

"Which one is your favorite?" She questioned.

He scratched his head, "Well, I always get the spicy tuna. I don't know if you like that."

She gawked, "I love that too!" She smiled, "I guess we'll be fighting over that tonight."

Taehyung nodded and chuckled under his breath. 

For the whole dinner, they tried to steal each other's spicy tuna from each other's plate as they laughed and talked about their friends and school.

Nothing really particular came out between them and he liked it. She was very nice and down to earth. She wasn't like other girls who talked about his group of friends badly and put them down. No wonder she was the school's angel.

"Where should we go after?" 

Taehyung coughed on the water he was drinking, "I-- I didn't have anything planned."

She clapped her hands, "Great!" She stood up, "Let's go to to my favorite place."

Taehyung blinked, "Your favorite place?" 

"Yeah. Don't worry, it's not that far. I know you'll like it for sure." 

`

"Uh."

She smiled, "Just stay out here for a second. I'll be back real quick." As she turned, she looked back. "You're not lactose intolerant, right?"

He shook his head. 

"Okay, I'll be back."

As she headed inside her house, she closed the door.

Taehyung scratched his head. Why on earth was he back at her place? Especially the steps of her house? Did she want to go back home that bad? Was the date bad? 

As thoughts went over his head, he heard foot steps. Looking back, he sees her with two mugs.

Standing up and grabbing the mug out of her hands, she thanked him. Sitting down on the steps, she sips the drink and pats the seat next to her.

He unconsciously sat down and drank the drink as well when his eyes widened.

"What is this?"

"Warm milk with honey." She drank it, "It's really good during the cold weather. It's good isn't it?" 

Taehyung nodded, "It's really good. I should give it to my friends."

As they were quitely sitting down, Taehyung looked up, "Why are we here?" 

She looked over, "Since I'm an introvert, I like to stay inside my house. My house is the most comfortable place. This is exactly like my heaven." 

Taehyung sulked, "It's not because you hated the date?" 

"No, of course not! Honestly, no one asked me out on a date. This was my first." She sipped the drink, "It was fun and I really enjoyed it. Thank you." 

Taehyung looked down. He was afraid that if he looked up, he would feel the blush creeping in.

"Same here." He whispered.

She smiled, "And I wanted to bring you here because we promised each other a heaven, right? This will be our heaven. It's really quiet here. It's actually a good place to watch the fireworks. Very nice and cozy. Free drinks by the way." She winked.

He looked up at the sky, "Fireworks, huh?"

"Maybe I'll invite you next time when there are fireworks available."

"I'd like that." 

She looked down and drank her drink, "Taehyung, you're a very nice person. First time I saw you was so surreal. This might be really random, but you looked like a fallen angel." 

Taehyung looked at her.

"I know, call me crazy, but when I saw you fall, it really looked like I saw a fallen angel. You seemed so peaceful and calm and the way you handled it when I was the cause of your fall was so nice. I always wondered why you were in a group like them, but I knew they weren't bad kids either." She looked up, "It was weird seeing you. But I don't regret hanging out with you and getting to know you. You're different and I like that." 

Taehyung swallowed hard. 

"You're the real angel." Taehyung whispered.

She chuckled, "Not really. I'm not really an angel. It may look like it, but I'm not. I'm not perfect." 

"Angels aren't perfect, they try to make us humans perfect." 

She smiled, "I guess." 

"When I first saw you, I thought you were glowing in all white. But then again, maybe cause I'm dreaming and I'm crazy." 

She laughed, "We can both be crazy together." 

"Yeah." 

As they quitely sat there, she finished her drink and so did he.

"It's getting quite late, we should go back now."

"Yeah."

As they both stood up, she grabbed the mug from his hand. 

"Thanks for the date. It was really fun. Thank you." She smiled.

"No problem." He said, as he walked towards the cycle. As he was about to put on his helmet, he saw her wave.

"Drive safe, okay?" 

He stared at her for a while. She had the same smile he really liked. No one ever told him to drive safe. If anything, it would've been great if he didn't drive safe and died.

"What?"

"I said, drive safe. It's dangerous at night."

Without thinking, Taehyung walked up the steps and looked at her. Confusion was written on her face as he swallowed hard.

"Sorry."

With that, he grabbed her face and pulled her into a soft kiss. It was a soft peck on her lips but it did justice. 

As he relesed himself, he opened his eyes to see her. Her eyes were rounded and as she looked up at him, Taehyung took a step back.

"Uh, I'll see you at school. Bye." 

With that, he ran down the steps and put on his helmet, putting it on gear, he drove off.

As he sped off, he mentally hit himself in the head in what he did.

Everything was stupid and he felt so embarrassed.

But with a smile, he couldn't help feeling warm under his helmet.