Guardian Angel

Angel

9173_f622.gif

Gif not mine. Credits to owner.


She leaned on the wall and took a deep breath. She was tired and she wanted to sleep. She had enough of people and she didn't wannt to be with them anymore. 

Walking towards the edge of the roof she breathed in air. She smiled and felt the cold breeze hit her against the face as she tried to calm herself down.

"Want to go to Heaven?"

She gasped and turned around to see Taehyung staring at her.

He was yawning and picked his ear as he took out his earbuds and put the manga down. Standing up, he dusted his pants and smiled at her.

Walking closer to her, he put his hands in his pockets and cocked an eyebrow, "What's up?"

She sighed, "I just got tired." 

He looked at her for a while and walked closer. As she took a step back, she felt a hand over her forehead.

"You feel a little warm." 

She smiled, "I'm always a little warm. Don't you know that I get sweaty easily for all the things that I do?" 

He grinned, "Yeah, but it seems as if you're getting a fever." 

She pushed his hand away, "I think it's just the weather."

He crossed his arms, "I'm sure I would know since I am your guardian angel."

She chuckled, "So you agreed to say that?" 

"I mean, you did say that." He said, putting his head down in embarrassment.

"I just need a little rest. Thank you, though." She smiled when she sat down and leaned her head on the wall. She closed her eyes and drifted off.

Taehyung awkwardly stood there. He didn't know whether to leave or stay. As he rumbled with his feet, she stopped him.

"You have to stay here. You said you are my guardian angel. What if I miss my class or something?" She opened one eye, "Come, sit down and be with me. No one will know, we're in heaven, anyways."

Taehyung sat down next to her and fiddled his fingers. Was he doing the right thing?

"Don't worry, I won't tell your friends." She smiled, "I just want to sleep for a while. Wake me up when the lunch bell rings."

As she dozed off, Taehyung sat there and stared at her. Her face was pale white and her cheeks had a hint of red from the heat and from the fever she was slowly getting.

Putting a hand over her forehaed again, he felt the warmth. Taking out the cold water bottle from his backpack, he wrapped it with a paper towel and gently put it over her forehead, rolling it gently.

Taking the left earbud from his ear, he put it inside hers and he put the volume higher.

For the next ten minutes, he rolled the water bottle over her forehead when her head fell down his shoulders. She snored a little in her sleep and he chuckled. How tired was she? 

As he awkwardly sat there with her head on his shoulders, he pulled the hair out of her face and put it around her ear. He smiled.

Taehyung took out the water bottle as he found out it started to lose its cool when he felt her forehead again. He sighed in relief when he found out her fever went down.

"That's good." He muttered under his breath. 

As he stared at her, he noticed the dark circles under her eyes. Her lips were still slightly red, yet chapped. He could tell she had been working hard.

As he continued to stare, the lunch bell rang. It started him as he jerked, making her head fall down on his lap. She scrunched her nose and sat up.

"Sorry, I didn't mean that." He said.

"It's fine, I needed a wake up call." She scratched her forehead, "Why is my forehead cold?"

"I put a water bottle on your forehead to cool your fever. It should be okay now." 

Her eyes softened, "You really are my guardian angel, aren't you?"

He shrugged, "I'm just fulfilling my role, that's all."

She stood up and dusted her pants and held out a hand, "Come on, let's go."

He hesitated when he grabbed her hand. She pulled him up and their face were inches away.

Taehyung swallowed his saliva, not aware of his dry throat. As he looked into her eyes, he saw it glitter. 

"Do you want to go eat Saturday night?"

She looked at him for a while, "Saturday?"

"I mean, you don't have to. I was just wondering if you wanted to." He scratched his head, backing away gently away from her.

She smiled, "I have time Saturday. Are you going to pick me up?"

He nodded, "If you're not afraid of motorcycles, then yes." 

"Okay, it's a date."

He coughed, "It's not a date. It's just a day to spend in heaven, okay?"

She smiled, "Okay, then it's a heaven date." 

Taehyung brushed his hair, "Fine whatever you call it."

As she laughed, she grabbed his arms, "Let's go to class now, we're going to get in trouble."

"I'm always late to class." He shrugged.

She then gave him a look, "Well, you should start not getting late."

As Taehyung rolled his eyes, he followed her and ended up not getting late. Thinking about Saturday a smile played on his lips as he glanced at his friends.

His friends stared at him but he looked away.

It was their secret and no one else had to know.

Right?