Beautiful

Angel

tumblr_mzyrxgPMGQ1rpigj3o2_250.jpg

Picture not mine. Credits to owner.


"Taehyung, will you be my date on Valentines' Day?" 

Taehyung had a confused look on his face as the girl approached him in class. He took off his earphones and looked straight at her.

"What did you say?"

"I wanted to know if you wanted to be my Valentines' Date." She smiled shyly, "For the event that is happening on Valentines' Day." 

Taehyung's eyes softened, "I'm sorry--" 

"My name is Yura." She abruptly said.

"I'm sorry, Yura, but I don't even know if I'm thinking of going to the event that is held on that day." He scratched the back of his head, "I'm sorry."

"But if you can go, can you be my date?" She asked with wishful eyes.

Taehyung shook his head, "I'm sorry, I don't think that'll work either." 

Yura nodded in saddness as she slowly walked out the classroom. 

Taehyung looked at her with sympathetic eyes as he breathed out. It was the first time a cute girl like her actually talked to him first and asked him to be her date.

A smile crept on his lips by the thought about it when it was interrupted by his friends.

"Did you get asked?" 

Jin slung an arm around Taehyung as he sat on the chair next to him.

"Yeah, she asked me but I rejected her." 

"Are you even going?" Suga asked, rolling his eyes.

"Who knows." Taehyung shrugged, "We'll see."

Taehyung looked down when he heard squeals outside the classroom. Him and the rest of his friends stood up to get a better view outside of the window. 

Taehyung's jaws almost dropped to what he just witnessed.

"Will you please be my date, Angel?" 

She looked at him with the many books in her hands. The mystery man was kneeling in front of her with a rose while she took a step back.

"I don't think so. I am actually hosting the event so I wouldn't have time for you."

Taehyung released a sigh of relief when he heard her speak those words.

"It's just for the day. I don't care if you don't even hang out with me. I just want you to be my date." He said looking at her with pleading eyes, "Please?" 

Rap Monster glanced at Taehyung. Taehyung didn't know what to do. It was really over between them and it shouldn't bother him, but he was really bothered by it.

"I don't know, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun nodded, "It's understandable." He then stood up, "But would you accept this rose?" 

As she took it she thanked him. People surrounding them squealed in awe.

Taehyung kicked the table which made a loud noise. She glanced back at her to the window to see Taehyung staring at her. She stared at him for a while when she turned away. She walked away from the crowd with the books and the rose in her hands.

Taehyung messed up his hair as he brushed past against his friends and headed out. 

`

"Spiffy." 

Taehyung walked in with his black hair pushed up with gel. He had on a black suit with a white dress shirt underneath. Pulling gently on his black tie, he sighs.

"This is so stupid."

Jimin shrugged, "You look good though. I've see you tried that hair before. Seems like you mastered it already."

Taehyung gently nodded. He remembered the first date they went on. He put his hair up and she said it was good on him. There was a chance that he did this unpurpose, to see her and let her notice him.

But either way, he knew he wasn't going to enjoy his time here when he knew for a fact he didn't have someone he really liked with him.

"Hello, everybody. I'm glad each and every one of you guys could make it to the event tonight. Valentines' Day is mostly used for couples only, but everyone coming together today to spread the love with not only our significant other but with people around us as well is a great opportunity to show unity between our peers and faculty members that we respect a lot. Please enjoy this day full of love and only positive emotions. Thank you all for contributing to the charity and please have a great time. Stay safe." 

Taehyung looked at her who came down from the stage. She was meeting with the other committee members and other faculty as they walked away. 

"Are you just going to stand there?" 

Rap Monster slowly eased his way from the crowd next to Taehyung.

"Are you ready to let her go?"

Taehyung shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets, "It'll take a while, but I'm hoping." 

Rap Monster looked at him and then back at her who was talking to others and handing out cookies.

"She's a bright girl." 

Taehyung nodded, "Of course. Not only bright but kind, sweet, pure, innocent, lovely, amazing." He breahted out a laugh, "Her flaws are though is taking care of people too much. Being too independent. Stubborn." 

Rap Monster analyzed Taehyung as he drank the water that he received from one of the committee members. 

"It's annoying if you ask me, when I see her doing things alone. Drives me crasy." Taehyung kept looking at her. "But it gets me more angry when no one even stops to help her. Maybe if people stopped and helped her, it would be easier for me to let her go, but no one seems to do that." 

Rap Monster only listened when Taehyung kept going on. Rap Monster noticed Taehyung glancing at other people to see if they were going anywhere near her.

"--But anyways, it can be that we just met the wrong people at the wrong time."

Rap Monster nodded, "I'm sorry."

Taehyung shrugged, "Whatever."

With that, Taehyung slung an arm around Rap Monster, "Come on, let's get back."

`

As Taehyung and the rest were having a great time sitting and eating the food, someone's clearing of was heard through the microphone.

Taehyung looked over his shoulder to see her by the mic.

"Hey guys. Sorry to interrupt, but it's already 11 PM and we decided to stop you guys and tell you what is happening at the moment." As a helper came up with a bouquet of roses, she took one rose out of the bouquet. "Every male in the room will receive a rose from one of the committee members. You boys will give one girl a rose. It doesn't have to be your significant other or someone you like, but simply anyone you want. She can be someone next to you, someone you want to get to know, or just simply a friend. While giving her a rose, I would like to ask the boys to say something nice about the girl. It could be how she looks today, her personality, anything in general. And with that, we shall continue with the event." 

Walking down from the stage, Taehyung's mind was cut off when a committee member handed him a rose. His rose was fully blossomed that had a really bright tint of red. It didn't have any thorns but only two leaves. 

"Please give out a rose to a girl." 

Taehyung looked up to see all the guys handing a rose to a girl. They were all smiling and telling each other what they liked about one another.

Taehyung glanced over at his friends who were doing it as well. Taehyung noticed many girls near him, but he didn't have the courage to give it any of them.

Shaking his head, he takes the rose and walks outside. 

`

Taehyung swirled the rose in his hands as he walked towards the benches outside. It was getting hot in there and he didn't have a reason to stay. 

Looking at the rose, he debated whether to keep it himself or throw it in the trash. He had no reason to have it anyways.

"Ugh."

Taehyung glanced to his side.

She was messing up her hair and was laying down on the cold bench opposite ends of him. She put an arm above her eyes and she kept sighing loudly.

Taehyung noticed how she seemed to be drained. She was heaving hard and she seemed as if she was very tired.

The girl opened her eyes and took the arm out of her hand when she sat up. She shook her head and messed it up more when she looked up.

In front of her, she saw Taehyung staring at her.

Taehyung's breath quickened when he saw her. 

"Taehyung? What are you doing outside?"

He glancced down at the rose and then back at her, "Needed fresh air."

She nodded, "Same."

Taehyung stared at her. She was red as usual and her hair was messed up. She had on a beautiful black slim dress that outlined her figure, and black heels.

She looked absoutely beautiful.

"Still having trouble saying no?" 

She gave him a soft smile, "I guess you can say that." 

Taehyung stood up and walked towards her. She abruptly stood up as well as she faced her back at him.

"I have to go back in now, bye."

As she started to walk off, Taehyung grabbed her arm. She spun around gently and looked at him.

Holding onto her arm, he handed her the rose.

"What is this?" 

"You're beautiful. Inside and outside, you're a really beautiful girl." 

She took the rose out of his hands, "You can give this to any girl you want." 

"Yeah, and I did." 

"I meant, it doesn't have to be someone like me." She whispered.

"What's the point of holding onto a rose when you can't give it to someone you like?" Taehyung questioned.

She stayed quiet, "Thank you. For the rose, I mean."

"You're welcome, ~~~~~~."

Her eyes widened. It had been a long time since he said her name. Since anyone had said her real name. Because she was so used to hearing Angel, she liked it.

"I'll be going now." Taehyung said as he took a step back.

"Yeah."

As Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and turned his heel, he dragged his feet away from her. 

"You're beautiful and I miss you."