Us

Angel

tumblr_mz4nk0DY2D1svtlk8o1_500.jpg

Picture not mine. Credits to owner.


Jonghyun's head perked towards the door as he heard a knock.

"I wonder who that is." She said as she stood up from the chair and walked towards the door.

As she opened it, her eyes widened to see Taehyung in front of her.

"Are you okay? Shouldn't you be resting right now?" She asked, as she held onto his arm.

A small smile placed his lips, "I'm fine." 

Taehyung looked into her eyes. It was full of worry and comfort and that made him smile a lot.

He missed seeing those emotions in her eyes. Something other than hurt and betrayal. 

"Are you here for Jonghyun?" 

Taehyung shook out his thoughts, "Yeah, is it okay if I see him for a few minutes? I'll be out before you know it." 

She nodded, "Alright, I'll be outside. Take your time." She brushed past him as her arm held onto him, "Don't overdo them. Just talk and go back, you're not fully healed."

She then went out the door as she gently closed it behind her.

Taehyung glanced back,when he looked at Jonghyun.

"Can I sit?"

Jonghyun nodded, "Go for it."

Taehyung took out the seat and sat on the chair, fiddling his fingers, "Are you okay?"

Jonghyun shrugged, "Look at me. Do I look okay?" 

Taehyung sighed.

"But you don't look so hot either." Jonghyun chuckled.

Taehyung shrugged, "I'm good. Better than you, probably." 

Jonghyun examined Taehyung. He was shaking his leg and fiddling his fingers, "Thanks." 

Taehyung's ears perked, "What?" 

"Thanks." He repeated. Jonghyun looked down in embarrassment, "I meant thanks for saving me out there. I would be dead if you didn't come. Your friends, too."

Taehyung chuckled, "I'm only doing what's right."

Jonghyun his lips. It was quiet. He didn't know what to say and Taehyung was just scratching the back of his head.

"Why didn't you kill me?" 

Taehyung looked up, "What?"

"L.Joe told me you're supposed to kill me, why didn't you?" 

Taehyung laughed, "I was supposed to, wasn't I?"

"Not funny." Jonghyun said with a straight face, "I want to know why you didn't kill me. Why did you save me? You would've died if L.Joe knew you were doing whatever it took to save me." 

Taehyung shrugged, "Did I mention I like doing what's right?" 

Jonghyun narrowed his eyes.

Taehyung breathed, "I didn't want to kill you. Although we were in the same group of friends, we weren't that close. Sure, we met up couple of times, but we were tight." Taehyung sighed, "You probably don't know me a lot but I'm not really into violence. L.Joe was the first guy to approach me at school and so I hung out with him, that's all. Sure, I fight a lot and L.Joe did teach me a couple of moves, but I don't like violence." 

Taehyung glanced back then back at Jonghyun, "And when L.Joe told me to kill you for what you've done, I agreed. Sure, that was a bad thing to do, but killing a person over that? I didn't think so. Besides, I know a guy like you. You're the one who likes to stay low and tries to do what's best for everyone else. It was kind of obvious why you joined the group in the first place." 

"How obvious?"

"Always taking pictures for 'memories' and the skills learned, I kind of saw it coming." Taehyung smiled, "But I let you slide because I kind of liked that. Me always behind L.Joe's shaddow wasn't the best, but you sticking up for him like that, I give you a round of applause. Besides, I don't want to be a murderer."

Jonghyun looked down, "I see."

"And also, if you risked your life that much from L.Joe, I'm sure there's a really good reason why you should stay alive and do what you wanted to do, right?"

Jonghyun smiled, "It was for ~~~~~~~."

"She doesn't like violence." Taehyung laughed, "Yet, she's very nice to us." 

"That's my girl." Jonghyun whispered. "She was always against it. After having to be raised without parents because of their busy schedule, I guess we leaned on each other. She didn't like me being with L.Joe, but they were nice to her, so of course she didn't mind. She was always like that, seeing the good in people." 

Taehyung smiled, "That's Angel alright." 

"Anyways, like I'm saying. I didn't want her to see me like this anymore. Seeing your role model older brother going around beatingn people up while the sister is the school angel? I doubt it." 

"She must be your role model, instead." Taehyung chuckled.

"She might be." 

Jonghyun looked down. He glanced over at Taehyung who had a bright smile on your face, "I'm kind of tired."

"Oh yeah, sure. I'll leave you alone."

As Taehyung stood up, he walked towards the door.

"Uh, about my sister." Jonghyun said, "You should go to talk to her."

Taehyung glanced over, "I don't think so." 

Jonghyun shrugged, "I think you should." 

With a small smile, Taehyung nodded and headed out the door.

Closing it gently, he heaves a sigh when he walks across the hall.

As he passed by the chairs, he was faced with the darkness of the lobby. Looking around, he notices her.

She was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans. She was laying her head on the chair and breathing out.

Taehyung didn't know if it was just him, but everything about her was radiant again. Maybe it was the white shirt? Who knows.

"Always radiating and sighing as always."

She looked up and gasped as she stood up, "You're done?"

Taehyung walked towards her, his hands in his pockets, "Yeah, I'm done talking to him."

She nodded, "Alright." As she glanced at him, she headed towards him, slowly brushing his arm, "I'll see you later."

Taehyung grabbed her arm, letting her stay.

"How have you been doing?" 

She smiled, "Good. You don't look good though. You should hurry up back in your room. You're not completely healed yet. Don't worry about my brother, I got him. Go worry about your own health."

"There we go again. The angel always telling others to get better when she isn't." Taehyung remarked.

She bit her lips. 

Taehyung's eyes softened, "Let's talk."

"About what?" She questioned when he gave her the faintest smile.

"About us."