Cruel Fate

Angel

v-1.jpg?w=560

Picture not mine. Credits to owner. *just imagine w/black hair now please.


"You guys can head on back now."

"Are you sure, Angel?" 

She put down all the boxes on the table, cleaning the sweat from her face, "Yeah, don't worry. It's getting late. I'll just finish up and leave."

"Okay, thank you president!"

As the rest of the committee members left, she sat down on the chair. She fanned herself when she tried to organize the boxes. 

"Still doing them by yourself?"

She stood up as the chair made a screech. Behind the shadows, Taehyung walked out with his right hand holding onto his backpack over his shoulder while the left hand was in his pocket.

"It's nothing."

Taehyung helped organize the boxes after he threw his backpack on the table.

He didn't look at her as he was quiet. She glanced at him for a while, wondering why he was here.

"Stop staring at me like that."

She looked down, slowly walking away from him.

Taehyung noticed as he looked at her, "I said stop looking, not go away from me."

She nodded, biting her lips, "Yeah, I just had to go on the other side."

Taehyung watched her as she fidgeted and walked around the table. His eyes softened a little as he went back to his work.

It was an awkward silence as she thought about what to say. She wanted to start a conversation, yet she knew if she did, she'll regret it very much.

"Why don't you let others help you?" 

She was taken aback as she shrugged, "I like doing things myself." She whispered, "You know."

Taehyung sighed, "You should ask people to help you. I don't like seeing you work by yourself and having no one help you." He continued, "Makes me angry."

She gave him a soft smile, "Thanks, but it's okay." 

Taehyung pushed the box away to the other side of the table, "Are you done now?"

"Yeah." 

As she put the boxes away, she looked over at him, "Did you have something to say about the Valentines' Day activity?"

"Why would it be about that?"

"Because you should talk to me if it's about that." She pulled her hair, "And nothing else." 

Taehyung became quiet. He wondered if he should pretend nothing happened and talk or just leave in the middle of their converation.

"How have you been doing?"

She slowly nodded, "Good. Better than ever maybe."

Taehyung bitterly laughed, "Still not a good liar, are you?"

She looked up.

"You're behind that mask of yours." He pointed at her, "You should take it off when you're around me. I mean, we are in heaven."

"I'm not taking it off. We no longer have a thing called heaven."

Taehyung cocked his head, "I'm having a ty time."

She was quiet. She didn't know what to say, knowing this was her fault as well.

"I'm honestly having the worst crappiest time I've ever felt in my life. I feel like ." He shook his head, "So ty."

"Stop saying that word." 

He furrowed his eyebrow, "Why? Doesn't matter, we're not in heaven."

"I have to get going now."

"You're not going to listen to me? I am coming to you for help, Angel." He emphasized on her name as she grabbed her backpack and headed towards the door.

Taehyung sighed loud, looking down as he darted towards her.

He slammed the door shut behind her as he spun her around. He slammed her against the door as he held onto her shoulders.

"Look into my eyes and lie to me that you don't miss me."

Her eyes were searching his. His eyes were full of desperation, hope, wanting.

"Look straight into my eyes and I dare you to lie to my face."

As she opened to say her words, he cut her off.

"Because as much as I try, I don't think I can lie to you how I feel." 

She thought she lost her voice as she didn't know what to say. 

"I miss you." 

She felt the tears closing in towards her eyes. She shook her head. She missed him as well. She wanted to talk to him again, smile at him, care for him, do all the things she did with him, yet she knew she couldn't. 

"I miss you a lot. I want to hold you, I want to kiss you, I want to be with you." He whispered. 

She shrugged, "That's too bad." 

He lifelessly dropped his arms to the side of his body, "It's like that, is it?"

"I can never put on a mask in front you, Taehyung." She looked into his eyes, "But I don't want this to happen between us anymore. It's long gone, we have to just move past it."

"I don't want to."

"It doesn't matter." She pulled her hair, "This is what fate is."

"You believe that ?" 

"Taehyung." She warned.

"You talk about angels, heaven, guardian angels, looking in the good of people, all these things and you believe fate is cruel?" He shook his head, "I don't believe that. Especially coming out of your mouth. I think if you are able to believe in those, you are able to believe that fate isn't cruel." 

She looked at him, "What if fate isn't cruel? What if we just met the wrong people at the wrong time?"

Taehyung stopped talking. 

"What are you trying to say?"

She gave him a sad smile, "You know exactly what I'm saying."

She gently pushed him off her as she turned the door knob. She looked back. "Your hair looks nice. If you want to cover yourself with your mask, you should start smiling with your eyes."

He looked at her, "You should too. If you need help, ask people for help. Let them help you carry the items. Don't sweat to yourself." 

She nodded, "I'll take the advice. Thanks."

As she walked out the door, Taehyung reached out to grab her arm when he stopped. She walked off and he put his hand back down.

"What if we just met the wrong people at the wrong time?"

Taehyung closed his eyes remembering what she said. Those words pierced through his heart. He didn't want to hear her say those words. Were things really over.

He tried to calm himself down by thinking she was right. Thinking that he would meet someone better and forget about her. But everytime he opened his eyes, he would remember the first time they would meet.

As he saw her glowing in the distance. Her radiance, everything about her glowing around him.

`

She ran out the door and turned the corner.

She leaned against the wall and dropped her backpack. She fell to the floor and burried her head in her hands.

She didn't want it to be over. She missed him. She wanted to forgive him and act like everything was okay, but it clearly wasn't. 

She didn't want to remember all their memories they had and she didn't want to think fate was cruel as well.

Crying softly so no one can hear, she prayed a selfish pray that she never did.

She prayed that time would go back and this time, she would meet him first.