Complications

Angel

-Kim-Taehyung-V-v-bts-35280585-426-640.j

Picture not mine. Credits to owner.


Taehyung noticed something odd. 

She wasn't anywhere. He tried looking for her. In her classroom, in the student committee rooms. He evenn asked her friends and teachers, but there seemed to have been no trace of her.

It was as if she was missing.

"No, she didn't come in for the past few days. Hopefully she's not sick." 

Taehyung leaned on the wall when he closed his eyes. He wished nothing bad happened to her.

He wished she would let him know what she was up to. 

He took out his phone and dialed her number. As he heard it ring, he turned it off, knowing she wasn't picking up.

He knew he wasn't supposed to call her, but he wanted to hear her voice at least, to tell him she was okay and that there was nothing to worry about.

But there was no response and no call back. 

"Maybe she'll be back tomorrow." Jin responded.

As days passed, Taehyung noticed she was still not there. He would check the usual spots she goes to and the people she hung out with. He even went around the whole campus in search for her.

When she was nowhere to be seen, he heard Jin's voice again.

"Maybe she'll be back tomorrow."

And again, she was no longer there. 

`

She sat on her bed. She didn't feel like doing anything or eating anything. She was deeply troubled.

"Aren't you going to eat?" 

Jonghyun stood outside of her door when she shook her head, "No thank you."

"You have to eat something." He replied, "Come on." 

She shook her head, "I'm not in the mood."

Jonghyun sighed, "It's been three days. You're going to faint like this."

"So what?" 

Jonghyun gripped on the door knob, "Is this how you're going to act like? Like a little kid? Can't you see you're starving over some boy?"

She glanced at him, "I don't care."

"Can't you see that he almost killed me? My life was on the line."

"And did you die?" She asked, "Did you die?" 

"Are you trying to fight with me?" Jonghyun questioned, "Is that how a little sister should act?"

"And is that how a older brother should act?" She looked away, "Why can't you get over the fact that it was an accident?" 

"Because it wasn't." Jonghyun hissed, "Don't you think I know that by now?"

"Have you ever thought about why he wanted to kill you?" She questioned.

Jonghyun looked away, "Whatever."

"You know, right? Why did he want to kill you in the first place?" 

Jonghyun didn't answer, "The porridge is on the stove, so heat it up when you're hungry."

"Oppa!" She yelled when he closed the door.

She threw the pillow on the floor as she burried her face in her hands.

`

Taehyung waited outside her house for a while. He didn't know if she would even look outside her window to see him, but he had hope.

It was a cold night. He only wore a flannel and jeans. It didn't keep him warm at all. As he blew hot air into his hands, he saw the light shine out through the kitchen windows..

With little hope, he called her phone and texted her, when there was no reply.

He tried to get the person in the kitchen's attention when he stopped.

The person staring back at him was a familiar face.

Taehyung took a step back that almomst tipped his motorcycle. As he held his breath, the figure opened the door.

He was standing in front of the door, "Leave."

"Jonghyun." Taehyung took a step forward when Jonghyun stopped him.

"Get out and be quiet before my sister hears you."

"Jonghyun, I have to see her. Let me talk to her." Taehyung strutted forward when Jonghyun slammed the door and hissed at him.

"Who are you to see my younger sister?" Jonghyun questioned, "Huh?"

"I just want to see her. I haven't seen her in a while. Let me just see her face or even her voice." 

Taehyung tried to brush through when Jonghyun blocked him.

"Go away."

"Jonghyun."

"Listen, Kim Taehyung." Jonghyun hissed, "Don't you dare go near my sister again. I still haven't forgiven you for what you have done. Because of you, I almost died and I would never ever forgive a bastard like you."

"I know." Taehyung whispered, "And I apologize."

"Apologize?" Jonghyun bitterly laughed, "Is that what people do nowadays? After trying to kill someone?" 

Taehyung took a step forward, "You know I did it to protect you."

"To protect me?" Jonghyun rolled his eyes, "So if you're trying to protect my sister, you'll end up killing her too?"

Taehyung gave him a look, "Are you serious right now?"

"You never know." 

"Choi Jonghyun--" 

"No, you listen, Kim Taehyung. I don't care what you did to seduce my sister, but she isn't going to be yours, so you better wake up from your delusional dream and get the hell away from her. She doesn't need you in her life. She is successful and independent by herself, she doen't need a guy like you."

"You obviously don't know your sister like I do." Taehyung pointed, "She isn't independent like people say she is. She's broken and she's a tired, fragile girl. She needs help wherever she goes and all she wants to do is relax and talk. She hates people and she's tired of putting up a mask. You don't know her." 

Jonghyun grabbed Taehyung's collar, "Don't tell me I don't know my sister more than you." 

Taehyung stared, "You don't."

Jonghyun punhced Taehyung as he fell on the floor.

Taehyung got up, "Hit me more. Hit me until you feel no pain against me. You should hit me for everything I did. Go ahead, go for it." 

Jonghyun walked closer when he stopped, "It's no use hitting someone." He shook his head, "Go away. Get out of here."

"Let me see her."

"The only thing you'll see is my fist if you don't go." As Jonghyun pushed Taehyung away from the door, Taehyung looked at him.

"I did it for you." He whispered.

Jonghyun's eyes softened when it became cold again, "My ." 

As the door slammed shut, Taehyung looked up at her room. He waited for her to lighten up the room and look at him, but as usual it was dark.

With one last sigh, Taehyung drove back home.