7

Made in the USA

“I..want to apologize.” Myungsoo started. Saehee glanced at him, she put her sandwich down.

“I’m at fault too.” Saehee frowned slightly, Myungsoo smiled and poked her cheek.

Myungsoo raised his pinky at her.

“Truce?”

Saehee smiled and twined her pinky with his.

Then her thoughts went back to her friend, Mark looked so distressed and angry earlier.

She made a mental note to check on him as soon as she got home.

 

“Then, take care.” Myungsoo kissed her forehead, Saehee smiled as she watched him walk towards elevator, she turned to her door and began to type the passcode.

She dropped her bag on the floor, then she noticed Mark lounging on the couch, and she could hear Jackson and Yoora talking at the veranda.

“What the hell?” She sighed.

“Unnie, you’re back!”

“After breakfast we decided to house crash..well, without the owner knowing.” Jakcson nodded.

Saehee ignored him.

“Did they treat you well?” She asked Yoora while giving her a knowing smile.

“Yes, unnie. Is..everything okay with you and Myungsoo now?”

Mark glanced at his friend.

“Yes, then I’ll be taking a shower.” She said before heading to the stairs.

 

“Oppa, are you okay? You don’t look so well.” Yoora said as Saehee entered her room.

Jackson looked at his cousin.

Mark stood up and went up to follow his friend. Yoora frowned.

“It takes time to get close to him, don’t worry too much.” Jackson fibbed.

He felt something was wrong, today and the night before his cousin had been strangely quiet. Yes, he didn’t talk much but somehow the look on his face was different. It was like something was bugging his cousin.

 

Saehee was behind the tinted glass as she showered when she heard the door open, she rolled her eyes.

“What is it now, Tuan?”

“If this is about Yoora being here, I know you know she likes you. Just give her a chance.”

No reply came.

“And in case you didn’t notice, I’m showering.”

Mark just leaned on the sink.

“Have you eaten?” He asked.

“Yeah, Myungsoo and I stopped by a diner on our way back.” She replied as she washed off her shampoo.

“He didn’t tell you anything?”

“Since when did you get all clingy and all curious? Bathrobe.” She stuck her hand out by the door, Mark handed her the bathrobe and he stepped out of the bathroom.

 

“What’s wrong, Tuan?” Saehee asked as she stepped out clad in her bathrobe, Mark had plopped on her bed, his head hidden underneath her pillows.

It was one of the rare moments where his other side would show.  Saehee eyed him warily before walking inside her closet to change.

Mark sat up, he had two reasons why he had come up in her room.

First, Yoora made him feel uncomfortable.

Second, well it should be the first, he felt like he needed to protect his friend. He needed to know what happened between her and Myungsoo when they separated.

“So spill.” Saehee appeared again, she was dressed in a pair of terry shorts and a loose crop top. Mark sat up.

“Do you have anything up tomorrow?” He asked.

“It’s a Monday, what do you think?” Saehee replied, she yanked Mark from her bed and dragged him out.

 

Yoora was amazed on how the older girl could almost control Mark. Saehee had managed to drag Mark down again.

“You don’t have plans with Myungsoo?” Mark asked. Saehee shook her head.

“But I have to meet him by the weekend.”

“See, you don’t have time for him, so just end it.” Jackson piped in, Yoora grinned at the other male. Jackson’s distaste towards Myungsoo was obvious.

“Then…okay.” Mark blinked before walking towards the kitchen, Saehee eyed him questioningly.

“What’s up with him, Wang?”

“Don’t ask me, I just got here.” Jackson shrugged.

 

Mark stepped out to the veranda with his phone. He studied the afternoon sight before him as he waited for the recipient to pick up.

“Yes, sir?”

“I need you to follow someone.”

“Can you give me the name?”

Mark sighed before speaking.

“Kim Myungsoo, check on his activities. Not in his work but in his free time.”

“Yes, I understand, but this person, I don’t mean to pry but, sir, but aren’t you close with this person? Isn’t he Miss Jung’s boyfriend?”

Exactly.

Mark’s brows furrowed.

 

 

“Just check on him, I’ll be waiting.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++