15

Made in the USA

 

Saehee jumped lightly as she heard her front door slam loudly. Jackson tensed and was about to grab the rolling pin when Mark appeared before them.

“Did something happen?” Saehee asked, Jackson exhaled heavily.

Mark tossed the bag of snacks on the kitchen counter before walking to the stairs.

“Lauren’s asleep.”

“I know.” Mark muttered back before heading to Saehee’s room instead.

“I’ll be with Lauren, you deal with him.”

“He’s your cousin.” Saehee said wanly.

“Yes, and I can’t deal with him.” Jackson gave her a quick smile before eating.

 

“What’s wrong, Mark?” Saehee asked as she entered the room, Mark was seated on the couch.

“I should be asking you that.”

“I don’t think~”

“Don’t say that, you want to think about it. It’s written all over your face, Sae.”

Saehee bit her lip and leaned on the door.

“He thinks..Lauren’s our kid.”

“Didn’t you try to explain to him?”

“I tried, Mark, but he wouldn’t…let me finish.” She half groaned as she plopped on the couch across him.

“Do…” Mark closed his mouth instead.

“He never does listen. Don’t worry, I’ll tell him the truth.”

“About Lauren being Jackson’s kid?”

“That and why she calls us her mommy and daddy.” She winced slightly. Mark smiled, then his thoughts went back to the recent photos that were sent to him.

“Ya, spend the weekend with us.”

“About that…” Saehee stood up and plopped next to him, Mark’s eyes narrowed before removing his arm at her back.

“What’s wrong with you? You’ve gotten clingy.”

Mark looked away.

“I..just..want you to rest and…you’ve been having dark circles.”

“Since when did you care about me, Tuan?” She chuckled, Mark frowned and just lied his head down on her lap.

“Look, look, what happened to you? Is something bothering you, Tuan?”

He just smiled at her before closing his eyes.

“Brat.”

 

 

Jackson followed his cousin to the parking lot, Saehee had shooed them away from her loft as soon as they finished breakfast. They decided that Lauren would stay with Saehee for a few days before she join her real daddy and uncle to their home.

“Hyung~”

Mark turned to him abruptly, his brows furrowed.

“Let’s drop by the office first, I need to talk to you.”

Jackson paused at his cousin’s serious tone.

“Okay, hyung.”

 

Saehee smiled as she watched Lauren draw, the television was on in front of the young one while she hummed happily.

“Lauren? I need to shower, will you be fine by yourself?”

Lauren just raised both of her thumbs.

Saehee chuckled to herself before heading to her room.

 

Jackson followed his hyung to the office, he watched as Makr paced back and forth before turning to him.

Jackson blinked.

“Saehee.” He stated, Jackson nodded, not knowing what to do.

“I’m only saying this because I know you wouldn’t want Saehee to be hurt.”

Before Jackson could reply, Mark turned to his safe and started to type a series of digits, Jackson politely looked away.

“So, I’m asking you not to act after you see these. I just want you to know so that…she won’t be hurt.”

Mark tossed the brown envelope before Jackson, he sat down and took the envelope.

“Saehee? Is someone trying to hurt her?” Jackson took a sharp intake of breath as he saw pulled out the photos.

“That ing bastard.” Jackson snapped. His fingers curled around the photos briefly before he tossed it back on the table.

“She doesn’t know. I can’t tell her.”

“You have to, if this~”

“I don’t want her to know..yet, I…just want her to be safe.”

“Safe? What if she finds out about this from others, or worse, she sees this bastard~”

“No, the only thing we will do is that we keep her away from Myungsoo.” Mark said sternly, Jackson swallowed but he nodded.

 

Saehee watched as Lauren talk to Mark animatedly, she smiled to herself.

“A mom’s proud smile.” Jackson chuckled as he gathered the bags.

“Where are we going?” She asked as she sat on the stool.

“A place without bastards.” He grumbled lowly.

“What?”

“Nothing, I’ll bring Lauren with me, you ride with hyung.”

Saehee shrugged.

“Lauren?”

“Yes, Jackson?” Lauren glanced up, Mark and Saehee chuckled.

“Come on, ride with me. You can see your parents later.”

Lauren eyed her biological father warily before grabbing her mini backpack. She gave Mark and Saehee a kiss on the cheek before taking Jackson’s hand. Then they left the loft.

Mark stood up from the couch and walked to his friend.

“Where are we going?” Saehee asked again, Mark gave her a quick grin before placing her purse on her lap.

“Tomorrowland.”

 

“Just die, Tuan.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++