39

Made in the USA

Lauren pursed her lips, clearly the young Wang wasn’t pleased.

“Japan? Why?” She asked, Saehee grinned at her. Jackson was walking beside them, looking around.

“It’s for work, I can still come back home and visit.”

“But then you’ll have to fly a lot, that can be tiring.” Jackson replied.

“You’ll survive with just daddy and your father right?” Saehee patted Lauren’s head. Lauren stared at her briefly before running towards the bookstore.

“I can, but I don’t think daddy can.”

 

“What?!” Mark snapped, the two managing directors before him flinched.

“So, you let them go? We’ve been planning to buy that company for two weeks now.” Mark’s tone was arctic. His gaze turned to the two executives.

“Under your department, how many employees do you have?”

“Eight, sir.”

“Cut them off, if they can’t hold~”

Saehee stepped in the room, she sighed briefly.

“Calm down, Tuan.” She said, she gave the two directors a polite bow.

“We lost a deal just because~” Mark’s tone rose, scaring the two males. Saehee shook her head at him and slowly placed her good hand on his shoulder.

“I’m sure you can contact that company again, and tell them to reschedule, right?” She turned, she felt Mark relax under her hold.

“Yes, we can, ma’am.”

Mark’s eyes narrowed.

“I’m giving you three days, you may leave.” Mark quipped. The men left, Saehee grinned at him. Mark leaned over to kiss her cheek before he sat down.

“What bring you here?” Mark eyed her cast warily.

“I’m going to get this removed in a few days, and we have an event for the company tonight.”

“So, you’re using my office as your hiding place?”

“What are friends for, right Tuan?”

 

Saehee was dressed in a black Alexander McQueen dress that had cutouts around her waist, she smiled pleasantly as guests started to come in. Yunho was besides her, talking on his phone.

“Appa, seems to be happy that I chose to move.” Saehee mused as she watched her parents chat with their friends.

“I think he’s proud that you’re brave enough to take the leap, baby girl.” Yunho eyed her dress again. Saehee almost sighed.

“I still think its too short.” He muttered, Saehee just grinned, then she saw Mark enter the room, clad in an all black suit, with a thin white necktie. She saw how most of the females in the room turn and look at Mark with admiration. Saehee grinned again.

“Sae,” Mark muttered before kissing her cheek.

“Glad you could make it, what about Mandoo and Lauren?”

“Lauren wanted to stay home and watch cartoons, Jackson’s with her.” Mark eyed her dress again, then he poked the bare skin of her belly.

“It’s a dress, Mark.”

“And it happens to have holes.”

“I think it’s pretty.” She replied before walking with him, Mark made a face at her.

Around them, people watched admiringly, everyone knew about the Tuan heir’s personality and his close friendship with Saehee, but they couldn’t help but envy how the two looked so good together.

Mark looked around him, his mouth thinned.

“Right, I’m leaving tomorrow, and~” Saehee raised her free left arm.

“I’m free, I can probably play samgomu later.”

“Don’t you have a coat somewhere?” Mark replied, as he looked at the males who were eyeing Saehee.

“A coat? This place~”

Mark shrugged off his coat and tossed it to her.

“Who buys a dress when it has holes.”

“They’re called cutouts, Tuan.” Saehee replied wanly as Mark helped her to the coat.

“Holes.” Mark murmured.

Saehee just smiled and wrapped one arm around his.

Drive me to the airport tomorrow?

“No.”

“You’ll still drive me there anyway.”

 

 

“I knew you would agree to this, but..” Yunho trailed off as he watched the house help load Saehee’s bags to the black Land Rover, Mark eyed the purses warily.

“It’s going to be fun, oppa. Besides, you get to enjoy alone time, without the cousin who disturbs you a lot. I think I’m the one obstacle in your love life too.” She nodded, Yunho just sighed and kissed her forehead.

“Have a safe trip. And, be careful.”

 

Mark put down the two trolley travelling bags and turned to Saehee.

“I’ll call you once I land.” She mused.

“Did I ask you to that?” Mark replied, she just grinned while leaning against the car.

“Why do you have to go?” Mark asked.

“Clingy five point oh.” Saehee smiled, Mark placed both of hi palms on her waist.

“I’m serious. Are…you still unhappy here? Is it..Myungsoo?”

Saehee smiled and shook her head.

“I think..I need fresh air..a new place. Besides, it’s a new experience for me, living alone and working at a new place.” She nodded, Mark’s brows furrowed.

“Must you stay so long?”

Six point oh.” She chuckled before standing straight, Mark let go of her.

“Don’t worry, besides, my absence will be a good thing for you.” She mused as she slung her Prada purse around her shoulder, Mark just stared at her.

“That way, people will stop thinking that we’re together, ladies will be able to approach you..freely.” 

“I’m not going to bid you a happy trip.” Mark grumbled. Saehee grinned and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“I’ll get going, take care.”

Don’t get too attached to your office, Sae.

 

Mark kissed her forehead before letting go.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++