48

Made in the USA

“No, no, Mark Tuan, you cannot leave me here!” Saehee yelled.

“I think he just did. You see, with you rich people, you’re not used to pain.”

“If he dies, I will kill you.” Saehee spat, the man slapped her.

Then the steel doors exploded, the man before Saehee winced as a bullet hit his leg.

“Miss Jung, are you okay?” A police office walked to her, she shook her head and nodded towards Mark.

“Him..first.”

 

Saehee winced as Yunho helped her stand. She felt her older cousin hug her, but her eyes were searching.

“Oppa….Mark..?”

“He~”

Saehee stepped away from him and walked towards where he was lying earlier.

But he was gone.

Saehee started to panic, she pulled one of the officers by the collar.

“Where is he?”

“Miss~”

“He was right there, where is he?!” Her fingers shook as tears formed on her eyes.

“Saehee, let him go.” Jackson walked to her and slowly pulled her away.

“Where is he?!” She screamed again before sobbing.

“He was..here…not fighting back…ing idiot….Where is he?!

“He’s fine, he was brough to the hospital, Sae. Come on, we need to get you checked too.” Jackson rubbed her back comfortingly.

 

Saehee sat on the hospital bed, her parents were speaking to the doctor. She looked at her palms, both were covered in scratches, the bandage on her cheek had begun to annoy her.

She wasn’t listening to the people in the room, but her mind went back to the night Mark found her.

The night when he just let himself get beaten.

She remembered his bloodied forehead, bleeding lips.

“I love you.”

Saehee shook her head and looked at her palms again.

“Luckily, miss Jung’s fine, no fractures or internal bruises.” The doctor smiled at her.

She felt her mother kiss her cheek.

“We’re assigning bodyguards next time.” She sighed, Saehee smiled slightly.

“Doctor,” She asked, the doctor turned to her.

“Where’s Mark?”

“He’s at the room next to~”

Saehee stood up and went out of her room.

 

Jackson looked up as the door opened, Saehee walked in, barefoot.

“That’s very unhygienic, considering where we are right now.”

“How about his parents?”

“They were here earlier, they had to speak to the police regarding the people who took you.”

Saehee looked at Mark, he was sleeping.

“How is he?” She swallowed before walking to him, she smiled as she laced her fingers through his.

“Bruised ribs, nothing broken, thank god for that. They sedated him to ease the pain.

“I don’t..know what he was thinking.” Saehee said.

“That night…there were only four men, and he..could have fought back..Jackson, but..he didn’t. And it drove me mad.”

“I guess even having gold medals and a black belt in Taekwondo becomes useless when the person you~” Jackson halted, Mark moved on the bed.

Saehee blinked at him before looking at Mark.

“Tuan?”

“I..want to sit,” Mark managed to speak, Jackson pressed one of the electronic buttons on the bed.

“How are you feeling?” Saehee asked him.

“Horrible.” Mark smiled, but then he winced. Saehee sighed, Jackson grinned before stepping out of the room.

How could you not fight back, Tuan? All those martial arts classes, those spars you won…exactly..why?!

Mark smiled at her.

“If I did, they would hurt you.”

Saehee brushed her tears away.

“I just…I just..” She shook her head before wrapping her arms around his neck, she felt her tears fall endlessly; Mark kissed her hair and rubbed her back.

“I’m sorry, Sae. I got you into this.”

You could have gotten us out, or you out if only you fought back.” She winced.

Where is this conversation going?

“I don’t know, Tuan…I don’t know.” She trailed off before letting go.

“That night….you..before you passed out..” She bit her tongue, then she shook her head. Mark tensed.

“No, I should let you rest, Tuan. I’ll see you later.”

“Saehee, wait.”

Saehee stopped, her back was already facing him. Mark grinned, of course, he knew. Saehee didn’t want to talk about it, she wasn’t the type to discuss about things that made her jumpy.

“Pizza doesn’t sound so bad right now.”

“I’ll have one delivered soon, call Leens and Jackson later.” She gave him a quick smile before dashing out of the room.

Mark chuckled.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++