11

Made in the USA

Myungsoo’s brows furrowed as he dined with his parents. Saehee was supposed to join them, but with the fight they had earlier, he knew it would be impossible.

“Why is Saehee not with us? I thought you asked her to come.” His mother turned to him.

“Something came up, eomma.”

“She can get quite busy, she’s an only child, plus running a company too.” Mr. Kim nodded in agreement.

“A young lady like her, is hard to find. Don’t let go of her, son.”

 

Jackson grinned as Saehee plopped beside him, leaving Mark no choice but to sit beside Yoora.

“Ya, Yoora-yah, I saw the news about you, our rising supermodel.” Saehee mused.

“Really? Are you going to be attending those shows then?” Jackson perked up.

“Unnie, you’re overreacting, I….just joined a new agency. They want me to step up right away.” Yoora bit her lip.

“Isn’t that great, Tuan?” Saehee turned to her friend.

Mark looked at Saehee, then at Yoora.

“What are we watching tonight?”

Jackson looked upwards, Saehee bared her teeth at him, while Yoora just looked away.

“After this…let’s talk. Jackson, can you set the living room for us?” Saehee said with a tight smile.

 

Mark followed his friend to the garden, he glanced at the dark sky before focusing on her.

He took off his cardigan and tossed it to her, Saehee eyed him warily before putting it on.

“What is it with you? She came here to hang out with us, in your home.”

“I..was hoping that  it would be just the three of us.” Mark replied bluntly, Saehee almost winced.

“She’s a model, why do you not like her?”

“If I date her, we would be a walking cliché.”

Saehee paused for a while.

“Right, business magnate dates model.”

Mark shrugged.

“But, Sae..with Myungsoo~”

She shook her head with a smile.

“Tonight, we’re just going to think about us three, and how I’m going to get that heart of yours to soften a little.”

Mark felt raw guilt climb to his chest again. He pursed his lips before wrapping one arm around her neck and pulled her to the house.

Yoora glanced up, surprised. Saehee was grumbling while Mark had her trapped under his arm, he was chuckling.

She paused and looked away.

“Those two…they know their moods well.” Jackson snorted.

“They’re really…close.” Yoora nodded tightly.

“They need each other to survive.” Jackson chuckled before turning to the television.

 

Saehee was seated on her desk, she looked up as her secretary stepped in the room carrying a bouquet of flowers.

Her brows rose up as the flowers set on the coffee table.

“These came from mister Kim, ma’am.”

Saehee stood up and walked to the flowers, a fresh batch of peonies, she noticed the card and picked it up.

“Oh, mister Tuan, good morning!”

Saehee turned to see her leather jacket, shirt and jeans clad best friend walk in her office, holding a cup of coffee. His eyes darted to the flowers.

“Mark?”

The secretary stepped out of the room.

“Ya,..come with me.”

“Work~”

“It’s lunchtime,” Mark reasoned as he stepped to her, he plucked the card from her fingers and pulled her out of the office.

“My bag~”

“You wont need that when we’re together, my treat today.” Mark said hastily as he glanced at the flowers in disgust.

 

Nearly ten hours ago…

“Why do I have to go?” The half Korean girl of seven years asked.

“You have to, aren’t you excited that you get to see mommy and daddy?”

The girl hesitated and bit her lip, the lady before her smiled and cupped her cheeks.

“Have fun there, don’t forget to send my regards to everyone.”

The young girl finally looked up and smiled, she glanced at the airport’s entrance, where the crew was waiting to the young flyer.

 

“I bet mommy and daddy will be glad to see me!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++