32

Made in the USA

 

 

Saehee nodded as one of their Chinese investors pushed the folder to her, beside her, her secretary was taking down notes.

“What time is my flight tomorrow night?” She asked in low tone.

“Four in the afternoon, it was moved because director Jung and you have a party to attend.”

“What party?”

“The Tuans, director.”

Saehee winced slightly but she nodded before turning to the male in front of her. Then the secretary’s phone started to ring, she excused herself from the meeting.

“Yes, sir.”

“Is she doing well?” Mark’s usual deep and monotonous voice could be heard from the other end.

“Yes, she had just finished three meetings, the director will be dining at the hotel for tonight.”

“Good.” Mark replied before ending the call.

The secretary frowned slightly before walking back, her boss and the Tuan heir never fought.

 

Mark slammed the brakes on his GTR, he flexed his neck briefly and looked around. He was alone at the track, which was a rare thing, it was a weekend.

He opened the car’s front compartment and halted.

Inside it, was the polaroid photo Lauren took of him and Saehee.

His brows furrowed as he picked it up.

He bit the inside of his lip, in just a few hours Saehee would arrive back in Seoul. Over the weekend he didn’t have the guts to even call her. Only the secretary she was with, to check on her.

 

Lauren was playing with Typhoon while waiting, Jackson was talking with Yunho inside the house.

“There must be a reason why you escaped here.” Yunho mused, he was now dressed in a suit.

“At home, they’re preparing for the party. Moli’s parents are there, I don’t like it.”

“You don’t like the family?”

“Sort of. Lauren’s acting up too, she starting to…feel annoyed by everyone at home.”

Yunho chuckled as he glanced at the kid.

“Is Mark really going to do this?” He asked.

“I don’t know, but something’s wrong, hyung.”

“What?”

“Saehee, she hasn’t called since she left, not even to me or Mark hyung.”

They heard the front gates open, Saehee has finally arrived.

The front door opened, and they could hear Saehee’s usual straigh forward tone as she spoke on the phone.

“Yes, I want the files delivered by Tuesday, no delays. And the deal with the Zhangs? …..I never heard about the extension. No, I want it by Tuesday. All sent to director Jung Yunho’s desk. I will be waiting.” She paused as she saw Jackson with her cousin.

“Sae~”

Saehee’s lips pursed, her eyes cold before climbing the stairs.

 

“Oh, hyung.” Mark’s eyes searched around the area as Yunho entered.

“She didn’t come with me, she told me to go ahead, she had a few calls to make.” Yunho said, Mark nodded quietly before leading Yunho to his parents.

Mark bit his lip in frustration; he needed to tell his parents.

This party was useless; announcing his engagement to people was useless.

He felt Moli stand beside him, wrapping her arm around his, he pulled away from her. He felt his parents looking at them, Mark’s jaw clenched.

All night, people had greeted and congratulated them both.

He saw a blur of movement, Lauren. Lauren ran to someone who was wearing a sapphire blue mini dress. Mark looked at her, Saehee had bent down to kiss Lauren’s cheek.

Mark heard his parents to call him before he could walk to her.

“What are you doing? Moli doesn’t look so well.”

“Mom, I can’t do this.”

“What do you mean~”

“I wont marry her. I’m sorry.” Mark said before turning away from his parents.

 

Saehee smiled politely at the people she knew, she grabbed a flute of champagne before walking to the poolside.

“You don’t look so well.”

Jackson joined her.

“You…knew, didn’t you?”

“About what?”

“Myungsoo….Mark..has photos of him.”

She heard Jackson exhale heavily.

“Hyung told you?”

“No, I saw the pictures.”

“Sae, he only wanted to~”

“You two made me look like a fool, in front of everyone. Myungsoo…he must have been laughing. I feel so stupid to even believe that he did that to protect me.”

“He did that protect you, Sae. He wanted to tell you, but he didn’t want you to be hurt.”

“And I’m not hurting that you kept this from me?” She replied, Jackson turned to her. Just in time, Mark stepped out from the house, his eyes met Saehee’s.

“I can’t deal with this, not now. Tell auntie and uncle I needed to go.” She said to Jackson before walking towards the gates.

Mark watched as Saehee led herself out, his fists curled.

His chest tightened.

That’s when it hit him squarely.

Saehee.

 

Saehee was the one.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++