28

Made in the USA

 

 

Lauren eyed the sundae warily before digging in.

“It’s organic, don’t worry.” Jackson muttered to Saehee who had her legs crossed as she read a magazine.

“It feels weird.” Jackson said.

“What does?”

“It’s just us three, Mark hyung’s not here.”

“I agree.” Lauren murmured while chewing.

Saehee turned to the child.

“Lauren-ah, I think it’s time you call us properly. I’m…your dad’s close friend. Therefore, I’m your aunt. And, Mark is your uncle.

Lauren put down her spoon.

Jackson squeezed the child’s shoulder softly.

“Saehee’s right, Laur.”

“I..I’ll only do that if you and daddy are both happy.”

“Happy? Lauren, we’re okay.”

Lauren didn’t reply, instead she just picked up her spoon again.

 

Mark paused, Moli was seated on a marble bench. He eyed the greenery surrounding them, they were at a small park just across the company.

He sighed before walking to her and sat on the bench.

He gently laid his handkerchief on her lap, Moli turned to him briefly picking it up.

“Sorry. I was harsh.” Mark said lowly.

“Did I come back too late, ge?”

Mark looked away.

“I…I’ve always regretted leaving you before. I knew what I did was wrong, but….” Moli looked at her palms.

“Can…you give me another chance?”

“Moli~”

“Don’t think about the marriage, just think about us.”

 

Saehee was in her loft, she glanced around her room and found a picture of Myungsoo. She picked it up, and studied the photo briefly.

Was she really happy with him?

Was she really in love with him?

Saehee smiled softly before putting the photo in the trash bin.

She shouldn’t be thinking about him. She wrapped her arms around herself before heading out to the living room.

 

“I’ll take Typhoon out for a walk, oppa!” Saehee called out as Yunho’s Siberian Husky at her heels. Yunho gave her a wave from his study.

Saehee grinned and took the dog’s leash and headed towards the gates.

Mark looked up as the Jungs’ gates opened, Saehee stepped out wearing a pair of running shorts and a tank top, she was holding onto a leash.

Saehee looked up and her eyes darted to Moli, then she saw the luggage the house help unloaded from the car. Saehee’s lips curled into a smile.

Mark’s insides twisted.

He didn’t want to see her smile.

 

Jackson paused as Moli joined them for dinner. He was expecting his cousin would do something about the articles that were released earler. It was all over the news now, the Tuan heir was engaged to Gong Moli.  His brows furrowed as he picked up his fork.

“Saehee?” He asked.

“She went out for a run, I think.” Mark replied.

“Does she usually join you for dinner?” Moli asked.

“We usually at her place or here, it doesn’t matter~” Jackson trailed off when he heard the soft thuds of drums.

Mark looked up.

“What was that?”

Then the beatings started to grow louder and louder.

Mark managed a small smile.

“She’s here, at the garage.” Mark explained before starting to eat, Moli’s fingers tightened around her utensils.

 

Sweat ran down from her forehead as Saehee hit the drums repeatedly, she turned around and bended down as she played.

She smiled despite the exertion. It felt good.

All the stress from Myungsoo, work and everything.

Then she dropped the sticks. She stood up straightly again, Typhoon was studying her all the while, then she picked up his leash.

“We should probably go home.” She said as she opened the door and walked to the garden.

“You can’t just leave after creating so much noise.”

Saehee recognized the voice.

Mark was walking to her, a face towel in hand.

“Did I play too loud? Mian, I~” She stopped as Mark pressed the towel on her forehead.

“She asked..for a chance.”

“That’s good then.” She whispered back, Mark didn’t reply, he just rubbed Typhoon’s ears.

“Then, how about lunch tomorrow?” Mark asked.

“Clingy Tuan two point oh.” She mused.

“Are you trying to get rid of me?” Mark grumbled before putting the towel down.

“You should be getting rid of me, Moli’s inside. I know…I know she still affects you.”

“I can’t get rid of you, you’re a fixed…fixture.”  Mark took her hand and laced their fingers idly.

Saehee chuckled and slapped his arm playfully.

“How’s Lauren?”

“She’s probably being spoiled by Jung Yunho right now,” Saehee glanced at their house. Mark looked at their hands together, his brows furrowed again.

His thoughts went back to Myungsoo, his fingers tensed and curled around hers again.

“I’m happy, I hope you’re giving her a chance.”

Mark’s nose scrunched up then suddenly he picked up Saehee, his arm under her thighs, the other under her back then he half jogged towards the pool.

“Mark Tuan!”

 

Saehee yelped as Mark jumped on the pool with her in his arms.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++