49

Made in the USA

“Finally!” Lina kissed Saehee’s cheek before sitting across her.

“Is it a bad sign when one of your bros is close with the mother of your child?” Jackson muttered.

“Since when did I become your bro, Wang Mandoo?” Sae asked before helping herself to a pizza slice.

Mark grinned from the bed while chewing.

Lauren’s been whining a lot, she’s worried. But I don’t want her to be in the hospital.”

“She might get germs here, tell her that I’d visit her once I get out.” Saehee said.

“So, what’s new about the case, that..Hong Group.” Lina asked, Saehee glanced at Jackson.

“I was at the meeting earlier, they found pictures of Saehee and Mark together, at first they just wanted to take Mark, but this hyung doesn’t like going out. And everyone knows how Saehee and him are good friends, so they took her,”

Mark paused, he looked at his cousin.

“They knew about her flight back, they knew she’d be alone. So they followed her.”

“But, why would they do this? For no reason?” Lina sipped her cola.

“No, it was because TEH refused to buy his company, Hong Byungshik, I think he’s crazy. He kidnapped Sae, to use her against Mark, it didn’t go well as planned.”

“So they took Saehee to get to Mark? They thought it through.” Lina shrugged.

Then Jackson paused, he looked at his cousin. Lina blinked.

“Did I say too much?” Jackson asked, Saehee looked at Mark. Mark grabbed his phone from the side table.

“Jackson, call my secretary and our legal team. I don’t want any more court hearings. I want you to abolish Hong Group, right now.”

“But hyung~”

“I said now.” Mark snapped.

“On a scale of ten, how bad can this get?” Lina whispered, Saehee looked at Mark.

“We know about his temper, he won’t stop until that company will crumble.” Jackson murmured.

 

“Hmm.” Yunho continued to listen to the news, his eyes showed amusement. Saehee glanced up from her laptop.

“You’re not going back to Japan.”

“Really? But oppa~”

“Your parents regretted every offering that position to you, you’re staying here.” Yunho nodded to her.

“But, what’s happening?” Saehee stood up from the hospital bed.

“Your friend…is acting up.” Yunho mused.

“Just today, Hong Group just filed for bankruptcy. It has been reported that owner, Hong Byungshik has been arrested. The court has refused to accept his pleas and has been sentenced to jail.” The anchorwoman finished.

“It wasn’t you? Or..appa?”

“Mark moved before we could, he’s angry.” Yunho switched off the screen and faced his cousin.

“Did..something happen back there?”

Saehee shook her head.

“I’ve never seen him so mad, that’s all.” She replied before turning back to the bed, Yunho just grinned.

 

“When are you getting out?” Mark asked as he entered the room, Saehee sent him a look.

“This is a hospital, not a jail, bud.”

“I heard.” He replied as he sat on the couch.

“Tomorrow, you?”

“Two more days. They still have to run some tests on me.”

“I’ll bring you flowers.” Saehee chuckled, before walking to the windows.

“Why did you do that? He has a right to have a lawyer.” Saehee asked while looking at the view. Mark’s brows met briefly.

“You know what he did.”

“But still,”

“We’re not talking about this, not now.”

Saehee nodded without looking at him, Mark stood up from the couch and walked to her.

“Sae?”

Saehee faced him, she jumped at his sudden proximity. Mark smiled at her.

“I hope you don’t go back to Japan.”

She chuckled, she felt Mark tugged on a lock of her hair.

“What if I do?”

“Bodyguards, and I’m not joking.”

“Clingy Tuan eight point oh.” She laughed, Mark just poked her cheek.

 

“Your safety matters a lot to me, you know that.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++