3

Made in the USA

 

Saehee bit his lip as Myungsoo sat beside her.

“I don’t understand. You said yes.”

They had just finished their dinner and went shopping.

“I..didn’t know..I~”

“I wanted you to come so you could relax from all the work, Hee. I don’t understand you. I already prepared everything then you cancel on me?”

Saehee turned to him.

It was a chilly Friday evening, and the atmosphere between her and Myungsoo was exactly the same as the weather.

“Myung~”

“You never have time for yourself…for me.” Myungsoo stood up.

“You know I have a lot to do.” Saehee said.

“You always do.” Myungsoo finished before walking away from her.

Saehee sighed and leaned back on the bench.

 

Mark arrived at his place around eight in the evening, he had a few papers to review back at his office. He stepped in his house, and his brows rose as he heard loud vibrations coming from the garage.

The loud thumping of gomus (traditional Korean drums).

He ignored the noise coming from the garage as he walked towards the kitchen and drank some milk.

He checked his home phone messages as he walked up to his room.

The drumming still continued as he took a shower.

Mark stepped out from the bathroom, his waist wrapped in a towel. The drumming continued as he walked towards his study and went down to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

He heard the backdoor open.

“Oh, you’re home.” Saehee was dressed in a pair of running shorts and a loose top. Mark eyed her warily.

“What’s wrong?” Mark asked her as he leaned on the counter.

“I missed playing the samgomu.”

Mark knew she was lying.

“Go and get dressed, Tuan.”

Mark walked to the stairs.

“Order pizza.” He said to her before climbing up.

 

Mark watched the television as his friend talked; Saehee was lying on the carpet while Mark lounged at the couch.

“I don’t understand, he knows I’m busy.” Saehee said as she put her soju glass down.

“It’s not like I have siblings who can help me.” She finished her bottle and started to sit up, Mark watched as she leaned on the couch’s leg.

“It’s because you work too much, you even keep on forgetting arrangements with him.” He said calmly.

Saehee just closed her eyes and leaned her head on his knee.

“Can’t he understand that? It’s pretty obvious, I like him. I like him a lot.”

Mark sighed and just continued watching the movie playing.

“Just sleep or..drink more.”

 

 

Saehee glanced at her phone briefly before leaving her office, she made her way towards the conference room.

She was going to attend the monthly BOD meeting.

“Good morning.” She said as the directors stood up to greet her as she entered the room.

Saehee sat down and the room lights dimmed.

“This year, our stock price has hiked up to eight percent. Asides from that, our new opening for Jejudo has captured most investors from France.”

Saehee studied the LCD screen briefly before turning to the files before her, she was about to ask a question when the doors suddenly opened.

The directors all looked up in annoyance.

“Saehee-yah! I’m back!”

 

 

Saehee winced.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++