4

Made in the USA

Mark was sitting comfortably, clad in a pair of tapered jeans, a polo shirt and a beige leather jacket as he waited inside Saehee’s office. Her secretary didn’t ask any questions and just let him in.

He looked up as a slightly fuming Saehee entered the room, dragging his younger cousin behind her.

“Jackson!” Saehee snapped. The other male just grinned and plopped across his cousin.

“No, welcome hug?”

“That was the monthly BOD meeting you just..disrupted.”

Jackson shrugged, Mark glanced at the two.

“It’s the weekend, Sae. Why are you in the office? Don’t the big bosses get the weekend off?”

“She works too much.” Jackson turned to Mark.

Mark noticed the dark rings under her eyes.

“Have you been sleeping?” He asked, Saehee ignored the two as she grabbed her phone.

“Reschedule the meeting this Wednesday.” She ordered before placing her phone on the table again.

“So, should we go out today?” Jackson asked.

 

Saehee and Jackson walked inside the mall while talking, more like squabbling. Mark was a few steps behind them.

“He still earns the dreamy stares.” Jackson mused as he noticed females eye his cousin.

Society pages would talk about Mark a lot; some penned him as “Ice Prince Tuan” or “Lady Killer”. The first nickname was more accurate than the other, Mark wasn’t the type to entertain women, not at all.

“It’s amazing how they don’t talk about you always being with him, or rather the only girl who can approach him.” Jackson chuckled.

Well, two years ago, people started to notice Saehee being the only lady who could approach the Tuan heir, but the rumors died down as soon as they realized they were just good friends.

“How long are you staying?” Saehee just chuckled, Jackson wrapped his arm around her waist.

“I’m not so sure, pa wants me to accompany hyung here.”

Saehee nodded, she was now clad in a pair of satin hot shorts and a sleeveless top. She didn’t feel comfortable walking around in her work suit.

“Why is he like that? People are afraid of him.”

“I~” Saehee got cut off when Mark yanked her away from Jackson.

“Ya, what~” She followed Mark’s gaze.

Myungsoo was walking with his mother a few meters away from them.

“He doesn’t know Jackson.” Mark said, Jackson looked at Myungsoo.

“Right, he might~”

“Get the wrong idea, but why would it matter~”

Mark sent his cousin a glare.

 

 

“Oh, Saehee-yah.” Mrs. Kim smiled at her, Saehee gave her a polite bow.

“I thought you were busy.” Myungsoo’s tone was light.

“I-” Saehee tensed, Mark was standing behind her, quiet as usual. Jackson eyed the other male warily. He scoffed silently and shook his head.

“I guess the meeting ended early, right? Let’s go, eomma.” Myungsoo turned away from them with his mother. Mrs. Kim looked confused as her son pulled her away.

Saehee sighed.

“I’ve known you since my diaper days, Sae. But that guy…he’s not even your type.” Jackson said.

Mark studied her face intently, he gently squeezed her to him and pulled away.

“Don’t think too much about it, he’ll come around.” He nodded.

 

Myungsoo exhaled as he got in his car, he never felt so down.

He loved Saehee, a lot.

But it was getting difficult.

She was always so busy, they were supposed to have a trip together. It’s been almost a year since they went out to relax.

His thoughts went to Mark, somehow without planning, she managed to meet Mark more than him.

Myungsoo shook his head, he knew Mark. He was nothing but Saehee’s friend.

 

The problem was with them as a couple.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

comments are <3