29

Made in the USA

Jackson and Moli went out of the house as they heard screaming, then they saw Mark jump while carrying Saehee.

Jackson chuckled and sat down on one of the beach chairs, Moli’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

“What the hell, Tuan?!” Saehee sputtered as they resurfaced.

“What kind of girl who grew up at the beachside doesn’t know how to swim?” Jackson mused as Saehee’s arms flailed about, Mark grinned before pressing his palm on her back and started to hold her.

“I can stay afloat!”

“Not for long.” Mark nodded while flipping his hair to the other side. Saehee made a face at him.

“I’m…not the type to give chances, you know that.” He said lowly.

“This isn’t business, Tuan.”

“Still..I don’t want to.”

“So this is what you wanted to say and still you had to submerge me in water?”

“Yeah, shows how much I want to torture you.”

Saehee’s eyes narrowed, then she jutted her lips towards the side.

“Before, we get off,” Mark said, tightening his arm around her.

“Don’t.”

“Don’t, what?”

“Don’t push me to her, I don’t like it.”

Saehee just nodded, then Mark suddenly let go of her, she squealed again.

 

“I didn’t realize how close they were.” Moli said as she sat across Jackson.

“He’s usually cold…so silent.”

“Hyung easily gives in when it comes to Saehee, that’s why they get along well.” Jackson replied carelessly, then he halted.

His brows rose.

His cousin and Saehee always have been close, but what was happening?

He studied the two as Mark helped Saehee up from the pool.

The constant searching for Saehee, using her as an excuse, even using Lauren sometimes.

Jackson’s lips hitched up.

Oh hot damn.

That’s why.

The reason why his older cousin had been acting strange.

“Does he even know that he’s acting strange?” Jackson muttered to himself.

 

“Hmm.” Yunho opened the door, Lauren peeked behind him, Saehee was clad in a pair of sweats and one of Mark’s cashmere sweaters as she walked in.

“I don’t know what came to Mark, he tossed me in the pool along with himself.” Saehee grumbled as she went up her room.

“Laur, it’s time for bed!” She hollered.

Yunho just shook his head.

“Uncle, you can see it, right?”

“See what?” Yunho looked at Lauren.

“My uncle…he doesn’t seem to know it yet, but he’s head over heels for your cousin.” Lauren replied before heading to the stairs.

Yunho chuckled as he headed to his room.

 

Jackson stepped out of the elevator with Lauren beside him, the young girl immediately raced towards her uncle’s office. Jackson grinned before passing by to his office before following her.

“Sae?” He answered his phone.

“Hey, you sent me a text, it was just an address.”

“Right, let’s have lunch there.”

“Noted, see you later.” Saehee replied before ending the call, Jackson was about to head out of his office when his daughter came back running.

“Is daddy not around?”

“No, but Jackson, you have to see this.”

 

Jackson followed his daughter and paused in amusement as the arrived.

“Yoora, hi.” He said, Yoora was standing before him, Moli was talking with Mark’s secretary.

Lauren eyed the two females with disdain.

“I..” Yoora glanced at Moli.

“You know her?” Moli turned to Jackson.

“I do…she’s Saehee’s friend. Anyway, Yoora this Moli, she~”

“Mark’s fiancé, hi, nice to meet you.” Moli gave her a careful smile before offering her hand.

Lauren snorted loudly, Jackson almost broke into a grin.

Yoora’s eyes widened, then the elevator doors opened.

“Daddy?” Lauren smiled, Mark paused, he had just gotten out from a meeting.

His eyes went to Moli and to Yoora.

“Ge, let’s eat.” Moli walked to him, and hooked her arm around him.

Jackson looked at Yoora, she looked away.

Mark slowly pulled his arm away.

“I already made plans.” He replied in his usual flat tone, Moli scoffed.

“With Saehee again?”

Mark just stared at her momentarily before giving his cousin a nod, then he carried Lauren to the elevator.

“I don’t see why I have to explain myself if I choose to eat with her.” He replied as Jackson joined them.

 

Yoora watched as Moli tossed her purse on the leather seat.

“If I were you,” She started.

“I would stop.”

“Who are you to say that? You’re here, waiting for him too.” Moli said.

“I just realized this, just…now. With Mark sunbae, he is different when he’s with other people. He can be cold and uncaring. He doesn’t like people demanding from him, disturbing him, he runs his own ship.”

“What are you saying?”

“You might have a hold on him, but his heart will never be yours. Only Saehee can make him smile and relax. Only she can demand from him and make him talk in public. I don’t think he knows it yet, but,”

 Moli looked away.

 

“Mark sunbae is deeply in love with her.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++