24

Made in the USA

 

Mark paused as he placed Moli’s luggage inside the car, he noticed a familiar white R8 park behind his car. He looked up and saw Saehee smiling at him.

Moli was already seated inside the car.

“I called home.”

“What?” Mark blinked as he saw one of the Jungs’ trusted men slid down from the car and handed the key to Saehee, with a bow the man left.

“I figured that…it would be awkward if I join.”

“Are you serious?”

“Mark, I don’t know what you’re thinking. You seem to know her, but..you’re not telling me anything. I need to go, I don’t feel comfortable if I have to ride with you guys.” She nodded before kissing his cheek and walking to his car.

Mark sighed and walked to the driver’s side.

“She’s not coming with us?” Moli asked as Mark started the car, he nodded.

“Ge…are you still..mad~”

“Don’t start with that, please Moli.”

 

Saehee was driving back to Seoul when her phone rang, she picked up her Bluetooth earpiece and hooked it her ear.

“Jackson?”

“You met her?”

Saehee blinked at his rushed tone.

“I did, I’m on my way to pick up Lauren.”

“That…Gong Moli…”

“Oh, you know her?” Saehee mused, then her brows furrowed.

“Gong Moli.” She repeated.

“You didn’t….”

“, that was the Gong Moli?!”

 

Myungsoo entered the mall, he was to meet Sungyeol and Hoya, when he saw Mark with another lady making their way towards one of the shops.

His brows furrowed.

He was wrong for seeing Mark and Saehee that way. He was wrong for making her choose. Even though Mark and her shared something different, it was still friendship.

Mark Tuan was never a threat.

He looked away.

 

Jackson had his arms crossed as the R8 stopped before them, Lauren grinned as Saehee slid down from the car.

“I didn’t….realize..it didn’t hit me.”

“Well, how’d it go?”

“I don’t know, it was too awkward so I left.”

“Huh, that was supposed to be the moment you were going to be useful.” He managed to chide her, his daughter eyed him warily.

We’re going to roam around, and buy some stuff, you wanna come?”

“Shopping!” Lauren, usually spoiled by the two male figures in her life, beamed. Jackson just grinned and ruffled her hair.

“Nope. You two enjoy.”

 

Saehee slung her Givenchy Pandora purse around her shoulder as they entered the mall, beside her Lauren took her hand as they walked.

“Do you have any stores you want to visit?”

“Hello Kitty. Daddy’s house lacks Hello Kitty.”

 Saehee nodded while smiling.

“But, eomma…Who’s Gong Moli?”

Saehee froze at the question, a memory of Mark continually thrashing glass bottles flashed in her head.

“Ah, that~” Lauren suddenly let go of her hand, then the child wave frantically.

“Daddy? Daddy!”

“Lauren, don’t. Daddy’s busy.” Saehee winced as people turned to them.

For sure, Mark would dump Moli and rush to them, and she didn’t want that.

But, there was a possibility Mark would, after what happened before.

Saehee exhaled before taking Lauren’s hand, but too late now, Mark and Moli were looking at them.

Mark didn’t look at her, but he was looking behind her.

“Daddy-yo~” Lauren mused as she leapt to Mark’s arms, he easily lifted her up. Saehee was about to follow his gaze but Mark grabbed her by the waist and pulled her instead.

“Why are you here?” She hissed as Lauren kissed Mark’s cheek.

Saehee looked at Moli, who stood frozen and confused.

“I forgot, Mark, I…didn’t realize who she was.” Saehee managed to whisper as she got Lauren from him and set her down, Mark looked distracted but he nodded.

“We’re going to have dinner…mom called me earlier.

Saehee how his eyes clouded briefly.

“Do you need my help?” She asked playfully, but Mark didn’t react he just patted Lauren’s head before walking back to Moli.

 

Myungsoo was so sure Saehee would turn to him, but Mark managed to yank her back. He watched as Mark, with the kid in his other arm walk with Saehee.

They looked like a family.

His chest tightened a little.

Then they both paused, he saw how Saehee’s frown deepened when Mark stepped away.

Something was wrong.

Mark saw him, but why would he prevent Saehee from turning to face him, when he had another girl waiting for him.

And another strange thing was, since when did Mark take out other girls aside from Saehee?

 

What was happening exactly?

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++