1

Made in the USA

 

Myungsoo sighed as he checked the time again, he was supposed to have lunch with Saehee, it was already past one and still no sign of her.

He picked up his phone and dialed.

After six rings, Saehee finally answered.

“Hey.” She sounded distracted.

“Where are you?”

“At the office..why?”

Myungsoo sighed.

“Ah! Right, lunch!” Saehee muttered from the other line, Myungsoo could her that she was going through some documents.

“I forgot, sorry. It…slipped out from my mind.”

“It’s…fine, we can do it tomorrow.”

“I..can’t. How about dinner this Friday? I promise I’ll be punctual!” Saehee sounded so guilty from the other end, Myungsoo had to smile.

“So much for miss Busy Bee?”

Saehee managed to sigh at him.

“Arasso, I’ll pick you up this Friday, don’t overwork yourself.”

 

Mark was inside his office, one of those rare moments when he was inside his office, speaking with his secretary. Unlike other CEOs, he was clad in a pair of black jeans, leather sneakers and a gray sweater.

“Then schedule the company event next week, and by this Thursday I want that final report for the Mokpo project, send it to my house.” His usual monotonous voice said, the male before him nodded.

He glanced around his office, before stepping out.

“Ah, and,”

“Make sure you send out invites to Myungsoo and Saehee.” He added before leaving.

 

 

Saehee exhaled as she got off the phone, she studied three leather folders piled before her.

“Chairman, the meeting for this afternoon has been moved.” Her secretary came inside.

“Why?” She asked, while rubbing her temples.

“They haven’t finished the report and…there’s something wrong with the financial statements our Jamsil branch sent us,”

“Am I supposed to deal with that too? Call the accounting department, have them clean it up and send them to me. And put the Jamsil branch manager on the phone.” She snapped before standing up.

It was a typical Tuesday for her.

She crossed her arms as she walked towards the floor length windows of her office.

Then her phone started to ring, she put on her Bluetooth earpiece.

“Chairman, the president wants to talk to you.”

It was her father’s secretary.

“Yes, I’ll be right up.” She replied as she stood up.

She made her way towards the elevator and smiled politely as the employees bowed to her.

She was wearing her white Dior pantsuit and heels, looking every inch businesswoman.

Saehee stepped in the elevator when her phone started to ring again.

“Tuan.” She said automatically.

“My parents are here for a visit. Dinner at my place.”

“Can’t, I have a meeting for~”

“Cancel it.”

“Mark~”

The call ended.

 

“Idiot.” Saehee grumbled as she stepped out of the machine and yanked out the earpiece from her ear.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++