Knotted

I Will Crack You, Oh Sehun!

 

“Sehun-ah?” You asked. You were still holding Sehun’s hand. You felt safe being so close to him.

 

“mm?” He answered. He wasn’t looking at you, but you knew he was listening to what you had to say.

 

“Why don’t I see you hanging out with anyone at school?”  You asked. He just shrugged.

 

“Don’t you like your classmates?”

 

“I don’t want to get close with anyone.” was all he said. It made you wonder what he thought of the situation you guys were in.

 

“Am I close to you?” You asked. Your heart was thumping really loud. You were scared that he might push you away like others.

 

He stopped walking and looked at you. His eyes were not cold like usual, but you can see fear and anger in them.

 

“No. No, you are not close to me.” He said quite harshly and let go of your hand.

 

His answer hurt you real bad. You looked down and blinked away the tears forming in your eyes.

 

After hanging out with him at the street fair and working with him almost everyday, you thought you were getting closer to him. His answer was a reality check and a punch in the face.

 

“Arraseo. Meanie. I thought we were buds.” you bumped his shoulder and tried to laughed it off. But it ended up sounding really awkward and silence ensued.

 

“Let’s go to work.” He said and you nodded.

 

It was 5pm when you two arrived at the bubble tea shop. The business looked deader than usual. It matched your deflating spirit perfectly at that moment.

 

“Guys, we are closing. It’s homecoming night, no one is coming.” Suho said. He was cleaning the coffee cups and putting away the silverware.

 

“Oppa, you should have told us earlier..” You dragged yourself to the counter and leaned on his shoulder. Suho was like a brother you never had. Over the course of 2 weeks, you and Suho became a pair siblings.

 

“Aigoo, Hana-ah. You live right across the street.” He said and ruffled your hair. Sehun rolled his eyes at Suho’s skinship.

 

“Suho Oppa, can I stay here for a little bit? I don’t want to go home yet.” You asked. You’re not in the mood to be back at home alone and you definitely don’t feel like eating out your feelings again last time.

 

“Arraseo. Just close up the shop for me when you are done. Sehun-ah, you coming?” Suho said as he threw you the keys. Sehun and Suho walked out of the shop leaving you alone in the little bubble tea shop.

 

Since you were alone, you decided to put some music on and make yourself some bubble tea to calm yourself. Honestly, your feelings were in a bunched up knot. You didn’t get Sehun at all. You were almost sure Sehun liked you. But, what happened earlier today made you doubt yourself. He seemed angry and scared when you asked him if he considered you as a close friend. You sighed.

 

After staying there for an hour, you decided it was time to go home. You closed up the shop and walked toward your house. It was dark outside even though it was barely 6pm in the evening.

 

When you reached your house, you saw a gardenia on the foot of the doorstep...


 

(Author’s Note: Gardenia is a flower that may represent secret love. Google it People! ^^ )