The Lawyer

I Will Crack You, Oh Sehun!

“Sehun, you ready?” Luhan asked him. Both of them were standing in front of a skyscraper.

 

Sehun looked up at the tall building with determination and nodded his head.

 

“Yes, I am.” he said.

 

Luhan looked around to make sure no one was following and proceeded to the elevator. When they got inside the elevator, Luhan took out a card that looked like a credit card and placed it on the elevator screen. The screen turned green and the access to the secret floor on the top of the building was granted.

 

To Sehun, the elevator ride was extremely long, he was getting impatient. He wanted to get things over with already. Since he was young, he wanted to follow his father’s steps. Even if his father did not show much affection for him, he still wanted to be powerful like his dad.

 

Luhan on the other hand was leaning against the elevator walls in a relaxed manner. From time to time, he would check his phone and glanced at Sehun subtly.

 

Finally, the elevator stopped at the top floor. There was nothing really special about the top floor. Sehun was a bit surprised to see that this secret floor was nothing different than the ones below it except for the all around glass windows that surrounded the floor.

 

“I see you have arrived, Oh Sehun and Luhan.” a voice said, demanding Sehun’s attention to the middle of the room where a man around the age of 40 stood with his hands behind his back and looking at Sehun as if he was accessing the boy.

 

“Nice to meet you, sir.” Both of the boys bowed at the man politely. The man looked at Sehun and then looked at Luhan who was standing next to Sehun with an impassive expression.

 

“So, let’s get this over with now, Shall we?” He said and gestured the boys to follow him to his office.

 

“Not so fast, you treacherous lawyer.” A spiteful voice sounded from behind. Luhan and Sehun froze on the spot. They can recognize that spine chilling voice from anywhere. When they all turned around, they were faced with a beautiful woman with scornful expression on her pretty face, Luhan’s mother, Hong Mina.

 

“Mom.” Luhan walked up to her and tried to reason with her. “Just let it go, mother. Let Sehun have the company. We are still rich. I don’t need the company.”

 

“Don’t need the company?” She asked bitterly. “It’s more than that, you ungrateful brat. Your father ridiculed us by naming that bastard child as his successor!” She pointed her perfectly manicured fingers at the stone faced Sehun.

 

“Let it Go, mother! It’s OVER. We can’t change the will. So what if Sehun gets the company? He’s still my brother and I support him. Everyone is okay with this except for you and your stupid pride!” Luhan screamed at his mother. He was sick and tired of his mother’s cruelty and jealousy toward Sehun over the years.

 

*SLAP*

Luhan held his right cheek and stared at his mother with shock.

 

“I warned you to stay away from this, Luhan.” She said and walked up to the lawyer. “Read the last sentence of that damn will.” she said.

 

The lawyer rolled his eyes at her behavior, but nevertheless, he read the last line.

 

“If Oh Sehun fail to produce an heir, the company along with all assets given by me shall be transferred to my other son, Xi Luhan, upon his death.”

 

“An interesting line, don’t you think?” She looked at Sehun with a dangerous smirk.

 

“I see no amusement.” Sehun stated blandly, but his hands fisted on either side of his legs.

 

“You have no children right now, Sehun.” She smiled, not because she was happy. It was a taunting smile that send chills down the spine.

 

“and You will die by my hands.” She stopped smiling and took out a pistol from her Louis Vuitton handbag.

 

She was about to pull the trigger, but a voice halted her actions. A voice that she longed to hear for years that came from the man that she had been searching for the last eighteen years of her life.

 

“J-jae Soo O-oppa?”


 

 


 


Y'all ready for the final showdown? 

Next chapter will be the last one. 

Please look forward to it. (: 

And Thank you guys so much for reading and supporting!  :D