Photograph

I Will Crack You, Oh Sehun!

It was past 10pm when Kris dropped you off at home. You had called Suho earlier that you couldn’t make it to work.

 

You dragged your feet toward your house and when you got close to the door, you saw a figure lying at the foot of the doorstep.

 

You thought it might be some drunkard or a thief, so you picked up a flower pot near you and went closer toward the figure with caution.

 

When you got closer, the figure stirred suddenly which in turn caused you to drop the flower pot on the stranger’s head.

 

“Ow!” The stranger yelped.

 

Wait a minute, you thought. You knew that voice from anywhere.

 

“Sehun?”

 

“Hana, that hurt.” Sehun said while rubbing his head. Thank god, the flower pot was small or else he would be bleeding by now.

 

“yah! You gave me a fright, Oh Sehun. Omg. What are you doing here?” You asked as you opened your house door.

 

“Hana, wait. Please listen to me first.”

 

“Why? What is there for me to know, Sehun?. It was pretty clear that Lucy is something more than a childhood friend.” You said to him in a bitter voice.

 

“Yes. You are right. Lucy is more than a childhood friend.” He said. You scoffed at him. How dare he rub salt in your wound.

 

“But let me explain..Hana. It’s not what you are thinking.” Sehun continued.

 

“Tell me Sehun. How would you know what I am thinking?” You folded your arms. Even though it was hurting so much right now, your tears were already gone and they were now placed with anger.

“Lucy is my Half brother.”

 

“........................................”

 

“Yah! Oh Sehun, Do you think I was born yesterday? How dare you lie to me so blantantly?!” Your patience was running thin. You were so close to start hitting him with the flower pot again.

 

“It’s true. I’m not lying Hana. Come with me. I’ll show you.” He said and started dragging you out in the street.

 

“Let me go! You lying cheating jerk!” you struggled to break free from his hands.

 

Out on the street leaning against the light post was a boy with a hauntingly familiar face. When he turned his head to look at you, you gasped out loud in shock.

 

“LUCY?!?!?!”

 

“YO.” was all ‘Lucy’ said.

 

You were gaping like a fish and staring at the boy Lucy. Then you turned to Sehun and said, “explain please.”

 

You invited the two boys into your house because you felt like the explanation will be somewhat intense.

 

Now that you can see the boy ‘Lucy’ properly, you had to admit he was really really REALLY handsome.

 

“Yah, brat. Stop staring at me.”

 

You jumped because his voice was unexpectedly deep. You were so used to hearing Lucy’s girl voice. It was as if this Lucy was a totally different person.

 

“um, what do I call you now? Surely your name is not lucy..?”

 

When ‘Lucy’ didn’t say anything, Sehun said, “ His name is Luhan. He is my half brother.”

 

For half an hour, Sehun ended up explaining everything to you. Starting from how he was an orphan and why he was running away from his stepmom. And most importantly, why Luhan was here.

 

“So, you are leaving...me?” You slumped down on the sofa. Sehun, who was sitting in front you, got up and sat down beside you.

 

“For a little bit. But, I promise I will come back as soon as I can.” He said.

 

“Arraseo..” you nodded. Sehun smiled and pulled you into a hug. Seeing that you didn’t make Sehun stay with you, Luhan relaxed. The only reason why Luhan was mean to you was because he thought you would ruin everything for Sehun.

 

“AHEM...I’m still in the room you guys.” Luhan coughed. You looked down shyly and Sehun who still had his arms around your shoulders chuckled.

 

“See Hyung, I told you Hana will understand.”

 

Luhan nodded and he turned toward you, “Mianhe, Hana. I was being rude to you this couple of days. I hope you can forgive me.”

 

“It’s fine. I understand why you acted that way.” You said. Luhan nodded.

 

“Hana, do you live alone?” Sehun asked. He had been curious about it ever since he noticed that no one else was in the house. There were no photographs of your parents or relatives around your house.

 

“Yeah, My dad lives in England and I never knew my mom. So I have this house all to myself.” You shrugged.

 

“Do you ever wonder who your mom was?” Sehun asked. He knew what it was like to grow up without a complete set of parents.

 

“I used to. When I was younger, I would sneak into my dad’s room to look for any photographs. But dad would always lock his stuff in a safe..so I never found out anything.” You said sadly.

 

“Sorry for bringing that up.” Sehun said and scratched his neck.

 

“Ani, it’s okay. I’m a big girl now.” You said and gave him a smile.

After chatting for a while, Sehun and Luhan went home. When they left, you got yourself ready for bed. You were about to go to sleep, but something was bugging you.

 

You went to your dad’s old room and searched for the key to his safe. After looking through all the dusty drawers and cabinets, you couldn’t find anything.

 

You gave up and walked to your room. You were washing your hands in the bathroom and you saw something glinting in the reflection. You turned around and saw a necklace on top of a cupboard. It wasn’t an ordinary necklace; it was a necklace with a key pendant that your dad gave you before he left.

 

“This must be it.” you said. You took the necklace and ran back to your dad’s room again. When you put the key into the lock, it fit perfectly. With excitement and anticipation, you turned the lock and the safe clicked opened.

 

What you found inside was an old photograph.

 

It was a picture of your dad when he was around your age. He was wearing a school uniform and he had a large grin on his face. There were two other people in the picture. A girl and a boy. The girl was really pretty as she smiled at the camera. Your dad was on her right and the other boy was on her left. Although he wasn’t smiling like the other two, you can clearly tell that he was happy.

 

“Who are they?” You mumbled as you turned the picture over. On the bottom of the photograph, it said ‘Graduation 1990 Kim Jae Soo, Hong Mi Na, Xi Cheng.’